Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best 6th Man
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes a team is lucky enough to have a great 6th man who can come in and change the landscape of the game. Being a CC Tigers fan, we have in my opinion the best 6th man in not only the 13th region but also the mountains. House would be the first or second option on a lot of teams. Any other programs with a tough player off the bench??
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Sometimes a team is lucky enough to have a great 6th man who can come in and change the landscape of the game. Being a CC Tigers fan, we have in my opinion the best 6th man in not only the 13th region but also the mountains. House would be the first or second option on a lot of teams. Any other programs with a tough player off the bench??

Not seen Clay play this year but if its the House who played for N Laurel last year he is a good player to be coming off the bench.
I'm sure the Allen kid from North is starting for Clay.
Austin Poindexter
HDE Wrote:Austin Poindexter

Why in the world is he their 6th man? Haven't seen him play this year but how does he go from second best player to 6th?
He was their sixth man last year and was their first or second best player.
I think he likes coming off the bench.
Jared Grubb is South Laurel's sixth man. I think he is their second best player. Better scorer than House, in my opinion.
corey Hamilton Shelby valley
Don't understand in hs school with most of eastern ky teams how a hs team could have there 2nd 3rd 4th or even 5th best player coming off bench. My guess and probably wrong would be the coaches don't want to address some parent and little Johnny will keep coming off bench. And make these coaches look like the idiots they are.

Thank you,
Welcome
Welcome Wrote:Don't understand in hs school with most of eastern ky teams how a hs team could have there 2nd 3rd 4th or even 5th best player coming off bench. My guess and probably wrong would be the coaches don't want to address some parent and little Johnny will keep coming off bench. And make these coaches look like the idiots they are.

Thank you,
Welcome

The object is to put the best team on the floor which may not always be the best players. Also a coach likes to bring someone off the bench as 1st sub who has a lot of energy and can get steals and hit big baskets. Then if things do start out poorly this player can a lot of times pick the team up.
I would about guarantee in most cases the 6th man logs more minutes per game tha 1-2 or maybe even 3 of the starters. Also is this 6th man sitting on the bench with 2 minutes to go in a 3 point game or is he on the floor.
SV have good 6th man both of which have played this role are second and third leading scorers and excellent defenders off the bench. Hunter Swindall and Cory Hamilton.
footballfever Wrote:The object is to put the best team on the floor which may not always be the best players. Also a coach likes to bring someone off the bench as 1st sub who has a lot of energy and can get steals and hit big baskets. Then if things do start out poorly this player can a lot of times pick the team up.
I would about guarantee in most cases the 6th man logs more minutes per game tha 1-2 or maybe even 3 of the starters. Also is this 6th man sitting on the bench with 2 minutes to go in a 3 point game or is he on the floor.

I understand it's not who starts it who finishes.
Damon Tobler
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Sometimes a team is lucky enough to have a great 6th man who can come in and change the landscape of the game. Being a CC Tigers fan, we have in my opinion the best 6th man in not only the 13th region but also the mountains. House would be the first or second option on a lot of teams. Any other programs with a tough player off the bench??

House was the guy I hated to see go from our team, he very possibly would have been our second best offensive player behind Broughton, and it would have made the district more tightly bunched. Good kid too, still very well-liked by his former teammates.