Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matney and JC in 5A how will they be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK since every JC thread ends up talking about Matney coming and bringing JC to the top and or him leaving to Belfry I thought I would start this thread.

First will Matney be there to see JC in 5A?

Second how will JC do in 5A next year with Matney?

Third how would JC do in 5A without Matney?

Fourth would Matney leave JC for any team other than Belfry?

If you would just give an answer to each and keep it clean.
With the scheme changing to a 5A system,wont for the most part everybody still be the same?
Here's what 5A will look like.

CLASS 5A

District-5-1- Christian County, Hopkinsville, Ohio County, Owensboro

District-5-2- Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Warren Central

District-5-3- Doss, Iroquois, John Hardin, Waggener

District-5-4- Anderson County, Grant County, Jeffersontown, Oldham County, South Oldham

District-5-5- Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Holmes, Scott

District-5-6- Ashland Blazer, Bryan Station, Johnson Central, Montgomery County, Woodford County

District-5-7- Lincoln County, Mercer County, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

District-5-8- Clay County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Whitley County

From this just JC's district will be fun.
And if they can get to the regional championship they'll have to play the winner from Highlands district just to get to the state semi's.
footballnut Wrote:With the scheme changing to a 5A system,wont for the most part everybody still be the same?

Not really, the only teams staying in that district are Johnson Central and Ashland who are currently 3A. The other 3 teams in the district are current 4A teams; Bryan Station, Woodford County, and Montgomery County.

They would be classified as 5A District 6.

If it holds true that they match up with District 5 for the Regional Championship still, they will competing against Highlands (playing up from 3A), Covington Catholic (playing up from 3A), Dixie Heights, Holmes, and Scott.

To answer CD's questions:

1. Yes he will be there
2. They win the district, but they still wouldn't make it past Highlands for Covington Catholic
3. If he's not there, they probably won't win the district just because it normally takes a good team a full season to adjust to a new system if it has to be established.
4. I have no clue, but he wants to win state titles. It will be much harder for him to accomplish that at JC with Highlands and Covington Catholic in the way as opposed to going to Belfry and having to contend with Russell.
To me Matney is the best. The man does a trmendous job.
He's done well but what about the future?
First of all, Belfry would be blessed to have a coach like Matney when and if Haywood ever decided to step down. But it will NEVER happen. Trust me on this, the powers that be that rule the Pike Co. School System and Belfry High School will never let this happen. It wouldnt be because the fans and supporters of Belfry wouldnt take him because he will always be a favorite because of his playing days at Belfry. But like I said the "higher ups" wouldnt stand for it. Ive heard this straight from the horse's mouth.
First will Matney be there to see JC in 5A? Yes why not?

Second how will JC do in 5A next year with Matney? I see them challenging for a district championship

Third how would JC do in 5A without Matney? Won't have to find out

Fourth would Matney leave JC for any team other than Belfry? FOR THE LAST TIME NO! He has told people over and over until he is blue in the face that he loves it in Johnson County and plans to stay here.

Why is the topic of Jim Matney going to another school so popular on here? He has been to only TWO schools in the last 22 years. You would think he was like Larry Brown or Chuke Williams or something to here some of you talk.
Golden Eagle Wrote:First will Matney be there to see JC in 5A? Yes why not?

Second how will JC do in 5A next year with Matney? I see them challenging for a district championship

Third how would JC do in 5A without Matney? Won't have to find out

Fourth would Matney leave JC for any team other than Belfry? FOR THE LAST TIME NO! He has told people over and over until he is blue in the face that he loves it in Johnson County and plans to stay here.

Why is the topic of Jim Matney going to another school so popular on here? He has been to only TWO schools in the last 22 years. You would think he was like Larry Brown or Chuke Williams or something to here some of you talk.

You can believe what you hear from Matney or other people but do you honestly believe that he is going to say he doesnt like it in Johnson County and he would love to go Belfry and coach. No way. Hes a lot smarter than that. But he is a Belfry boy always was and always will be and dont think for one minute if he had the chance to come back home and coach the Pirates that he wouldnt jump on that opportunity. Will that opportunity ever come around? Probably not. Would he take it if it did? Almost certainly.
Rose Hill may eventually need a head coach for high school... He could pick his own team.................
wooderson Wrote:You can believe what you hear from Matney or other people but do you honestly believe that he is going to say he doesnt like it in Johnson County and he would love to go Belfry and coach. No way. Hes a lot smarter than that. But he is a Belfry boy always was and always will be and dont think for one minute if he had the chance to come back home and coach the Pirates that he wouldnt jump on that opportunity. Will that opportunity ever come around? Probably not. Would he take it if it did? Almost certainly.
Unlike a lot of people on here I don't comment on a thread topic unless I know what I'm talking about, if more members were like this there wouldn't be so much baloney spread on this site and others. Having said that I stand by everything I said in my previous post.
People keep talking about it golden eagle because they are getting a reaction from people like you. It is obviously tearing you all to pieces. Have you heard the saying if you do not add fule the fire will go out. So quit posting on the matter and it will go away.
Matney is a great motivator and coach. He will be successful. Although I admire his coaching I question his lack of support for other sports in the system. Just ask the basketball staff at Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central. Matney wants to be the only man on campus and sadly alot of school systems let him do that. What's his teaching load like at JC compared to Coach Starn's? What was it like at Sheldon Clark compared to Coach Hammonds?? My point is all coaches should be treated the same and Matney expects preferential treatment and wouldn't have it any other way. If JC ask him to teach 5 classes a day he would be gone!!! Again, I think he's a great coach and a proven winner but has always been put on a pedestal and he wouldn't have it any other way.
Nike Man Wrote:Matney is a great motivator and coach. He will be successful. Although I admire his coaching I question his lack of support for other sports in the system. Just ask the basketball staff at Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central. Matney wants to be the only man on campus and sadly alot of school systems let him do that. What's his teaching load like at JC compared to Coach Starn's? What was it like at Sheldon Clark compared to Coach Hammonds?? My point is all coaches should be treated the same and Matney expects preferential treatment and wouldn't have it any other way. If JC ask him to teach 5 classes a day he would be gone!!! Again, I think he's a great coach and a proven winner but has always been put on a pedestal and he wouldn't have it any other way.
This post is the prime example of you not having the first clue about the first thing at Johnson Central. In Starne's mind he is the only game in town. There has never been a bigger ego walking the halls of JC and somebody that is as difficult to get along with. Matney is willing to share more athletes than Starnes ever thought about in sharing. Stick with commenting on things that you actually have a clue of.

You made a statement in another thread that Bill Musick took average talent and won and Matney had a stacked deck coming in. That is about the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard. I hardly think that a team that consisited of a lines made up of Webb's, Sublett's, the Pecks and so on would be considered average. JC may have had some of the best lines to ever come from this area on those teams. Throw Banks, the Bowlings, Scott Salyers , Casey Music and a bunch of others in that list and I think you have some of the best talent that ever played at Johnson Central assembled on some of his teams.

It's very obvious that you are very jealous of Matney for some odd reason.
No jealousy here...I made it clear that I think he's a solid coach. Starn's may have his ego going on but I also here he carries his own in the classroom unlike Coach Matney. Matney isn't involved in administration and from what I hear he doesn't teach any classes. What does he do?? Why does he have this luxury? My beef is he should teach in the classroom like all others. At least half a day. What's his title??
Nike Man Wrote:No jealousy here...I made it clear that I think he's a solid coach. Starn's may have his ego going on but I also here he carries his own in the classroom unlike Coach Matney. Matney isn't involved in administration and from what I hear he doesn't teach any classes. What does he do?? Why does he have this luxury? My beef is he should teach in the classroom like all others. At least half a day. What's his title??
Once again you speak on subjects that you don't know anything about. Once again I ask you what is your problem with the man? It's easy to hide behind a computer and talk about someone or something. If you have a problem with the man bring your gutless self out from behind your computer screen and ask him yourself. You don't have a clue as to what your talking about. It's all about jealousy if you ask me. It's jealousy on your part and it's jealousy on whoever the lazy bum(s)/good ole boy's that your talking to over here in the Johnson County school system. These same good ole boys is the reason why that Johnson Central has let other schools push them around in athletics. They want the extra pay but when it's time to put in the extra work you can't find them. What's it any of your business any way what he does during the day? I guess he's doing what he was hired to do since he's still employed.
This thread is the most stupid thread that I've ever posted in and it's a shame that it was started and I have to question why it was even started. Complete lack of responsibility if you ask me. We're in the middle of the high school football season and instead of talking about the actual games some are starting what if threads. Rolleyes
Nike Man Wrote:No jealousy here...I made it clear that I think he's a solid coach. Starn's may have his ego going on but I also here he carries his own in the classroom unlike Coach Matney. Matney isn't involved in administration and from what I hear he doesn't teach any classes. What does he do?? Why does he have this luxury? My beef is he should teach in the classroom like all others. At least half a day. What's his title??
Some people are hired by school systems to work on school buses. Some are hired to be cooks. Some are hired to be janitors, or just do whatever. Some are hired to change light bulbs, mow grass,cut weeds, fix the air conditioners. Whoever said that you had to be a teacher in a school system to coach football . I guess the most important thing is that you dont even have to be employed by any school system to be their football coach if you are who that school system wants. As Golden Eagle said he apparently is doing whatever he was hired to do, because he's still there.

Again your posts are showing nothing more than just pure green envy, and nothing more.You are really digging yourself in a hole deeper and deeper with each new statement because you really are just doing nothing more than proving that you really dont have a clue about anything at JC. Could it be that you would really love to be in Matney's shoes and just cant stand him being able to stand where he is at? That's my guess.

By the way, I noticed no comments back regarding Bill Music's teams of the past and your obviously ridiculous statements.
Golden Eagle Wrote:Once again you speak on subjects that you don't know anything about. Once again I ask you what is your problem with the man? It's easy to hide behind a computer and talk about someone or something. If you have a problem with the man bring your gutless self out from behind your computer screen and ask him yourself. You don't have a clue as to what your talking about. It's all about jealousy if you ask me. It's jealousy on your part and it's jealousy on whoever the lazy bum(s)/good ole boy's that your talking to over here in the Johnson County school system. These same good ole boys is the reason why that Johnson Central has let other schools push them around in athletics. They want the extra pay but when it's time to put in the extra work you can't find them. What's it any of your business any way what he does during the day? I guess he's doing what he was hired to do since he's still employed.
This thread is the most stupid thread that I've ever posted in and it's a shame that it was started and I have to question why it was even started. Complete lack of responsibility if you ask me. We're in the middle of the high school football season and instead of talking about the actual games some are starting what if threads. Rolleyes

The reason the thread was started is because every thread about JC football turns to Matney and when and if he is leaving. Some of this is started by those wanting him to leave and then others by JC supporters whom think he will be there even when he's dead and buried. The fact is if the other threads would have stayed on topic this one wouldn't have been needed.

We all need to learn to just take what everyone says on here with a grain of salt and let it be. If you agree you agree if you don't post why and let it be no reason for anyone to get tore up over.
And once again since this thread can't stay on subject and everyone just stating there answers I'm going to go ahead and shut this one down.