Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 62 South Laurel 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congrats Lady Hounds.
Corbin is playing well right now. I'm impressed with them as much this year as I have been.
The District and Regional tournaments are going to be real fun for the fans this year.
What a beat down.
Is South that bad to score only 26 points?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Is South that bad to score only 26 points?
Yes. South is very young and only 2-9 on the season. They have beaten North Laurel who is way down and Tates Creek who is 0-13.
The Laurel County schools are a disaster. How can two schools that large playing in the 13th region be that bad?
idk how its happened but how is tates creek that bad is my ? lol
Let's just blame it on global warming :igiveup:
North and South will be ok... They both play several middle schoolers and in South case three freshman also. These things just cycle. Laurel county started elementary bball 4 years back to help against this issue, now these girls are freshman and the middle school is loaded. You have to remember that this is a crazy year in the 13th and 4 teams at least (Whitley, Bell, Corbin, Barbourville) have 4 or more seniors that have been starting or playing major roles since they were in middle school. For these mentioned schools, "this was the year" they have all been pointing towards to win the region and it shows as any one of them could compete against anyone across the state. Problem is only one team can win... Everyone pretty much agrees this is the best the 13th has ever been as a whole with 5/6 contenders. North and South just picked a bad time to have transition years. That being said, you look at South schedule it has been brutal having played 7 games against the top 5 senior led teams mentioned. They will win some games this year but when you play Whitley 3 times, Bell, Corbin, and Harlan all twice just in the regular season, along with a very hard non region schedule they are going to take some beat downs... Some of you are acting as if this was a surprise, everyone who knew anything about the 13th could have just about predicted in the preseason only 7, 8 wins each for North and South this year based on their schedule. Moreover, I would bet that the other coaches in the 13thSerena (2014 film won't be breaking their necks to schedule North or South in the next 4,5, years with the young talent they have in the pipeline...
As Bill Cosby would say, the proof will be in the puddin'.
skyhawk14 Wrote:North and South will be ok... They both play several middle schoolers and in South case three freshman also. These things just cycle. Laurel county started elementary bball 4 years back to help against this issue, now these girls are freshman and the middle school is loaded. You have to remember that this is a crazy year in the 13th and 4 teams at least (Whitley, Bell, Corbin, Barbourville) have 4 or more seniors that have been starting or playing major roles since they were in middle school. For these mentioned schools, "this was the year" they have all been pointing towards to win the region and it shows as any one of them could compete against anyone across the state. Problem is only one team can win... Everyone pretty much agrees this is the best the 13th has ever been as a whole with 5/6 contenders. North and South just picked a bad time to have transition years. That being said, you look at South schedule it has been brutal having played 7 games against the top 5 senior led teams mentioned. They will win some games this year but when you play Whitley 3 times, Bell, Corbin, and Harlan all twice just in the regular season, along with a very hard non region schedule they are going to take some beat downs... Some of you are acting as if this was a surprise, everyone who knew anything about the 13th could have just about predicted in the preseason only 7, 8 wins each for North and South this year based on their schedule. Moreover, I would bet that the other coaches in the 13thSerena (2014 film won't be breaking their necks to schedule North or South in the next 4,5, years with the young talent they have in the pipeline...

Bell will be the favorite to win the region next year. Whitley and Corbin will reload and be top 6 again next year and Barbourville will struggle bad next year. But I really can't see either Laurel Co. School being much better than they are this year.