Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley Football Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How did everyone like the new field? I thought it looked great. Only thing I noticed was that the logo in the center looked to be slanted a little bit...but that in no way takes away from the great field. Looks like a big piece of carpet the players are running on. So, anyone who attended the Valley and Pike Central game, what did you think of it?
I'd like to see some pictures if anybody has them
The field looked great from where I was sitting!!!!!!!!! Would be nice if all High Schools could have one .
littlebluefan Wrote:The field looked great from where I was sitting!!!!!!!!! Would be nice if all High Schools could have one .

Yea I agree with ya
The Field looked great last nite, I love the color and stuff, But they should get one more scoreboard and put it on the other side of the feild and what would of looked even better is if they had Shelby Valley wrote in the inzone
who cares??? a football team doesnt make the team, the will to reamain with Sportsmanship after taking a cheap hit makes a football team, to become men without acting like children.. to not start a fight to leave everything on the field, a football team is made by guys who are willing to do this day in and day out without caring about winning or losing, but just playing the game the best way they know how... a 2 million dollar football field doesnt mean anything to how good a team can be.. so why even discuss it?
NYY10 Wrote:The Field looked great last nite, I love the color and stuff, But they should get one more scoreboard and put it on the other side of the feild and what would of looked even better is if they had Shelby Valley wrote in the inzone

They are getting another scoreboard...it will be in during Shelby Valley's homecoming game
bigmike06_01 Wrote:who cares??? a football team doesnt make the team, the will to reamain with Sportsmanship after taking a cheap hit makes a football team, to become men without acting like children.. to not start a fight to leave everything on the field, a football team is made by guys who are willing to do this day in and day out without caring about winning or losing, but just playing the game the best way they know how... a 2 million dollar football field doesnt mean anything to how good a team can be.. so why even discuss it?

I don't think the point is to discuss how good or bad Valley is, but if they have a good field. BUT, since you mentioned it. Just because they aren't as successful as Pikeville or Belfry doesn't mean they can't have a good field. Maybe Valley is really starting to get some sense about them and focus on other things than basketball. It doesn't matter if they got turf or just tried to finally seed the field, they are trying to take care of the field now and get interested in their football program. And finally having this support from their school can make a world of differance to a football team.

And I agree with you about the sportsmanship, but you kind of contradict yourself. I agree the reaction you speak of is unsportsmanlike conduct, but I also believe a cheap hit would be unsportsmanlike. I'm not taking sides at all, I agree fights shouldn't be started on the field. People should have enough dignity and disipline to not act childish about a cheap hit, but I also believe you shouldn't act childish by giving a chaep hit.
RB#2 Wrote:They are getting another scoreboard...it will be in during Shelby Valley's homecoming game

Yeap, and i heard it gonna look good, and they are getting two play clocks as well. And they had a MUCH better sound system too, but now if they could only play music some other way than putting a mic next to a stereo.:lmao:
RB#2 Wrote:They are getting another scoreboard...it will be in during Shelby Valley's homecoming game
that will be great and the field looked really nice too
the field is great
another scoreboard and it will be complete
The field looks great but how many more coaches are going to see it. SV has been consistantly changing coaches every year. What's up for next year?

Thats Great then
fusion Wrote:Yeap, and i heard it gonna look good, and they are getting two play clocks as well. And they had a MUCH better sound system too, but now if they could only play music some other way than putting a mic next to a stereo.:lmao:

Even Better
The field is very nice.
Just went over there today see if i post some of my pics

field looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Just went over there today see if i post some of my pics

I agree it"s the nicest High School field ive saw...
Looks nice!
Really Nice, Valley should be proud.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Just went over there today see if i post some of my pics

it is by far one of the best fields ive ever seen....Valley's and Belfry's fields would have to be the two best in my book

Thanks for posting. That is really nice. A couple of new scoreboards would really complete it.
I love the field, it looks awesome. I wish we could've had it when I was there!
alfus21 Wrote:Thanks for posting. That is really nice. A couple of new scoreboards would really complete it.

They got one down on the left side in the back of the endzone it used to be over on the side where the big Wildcats is. There still working on it and still laying some rubber and some sand. They had just finieshed for the day when i took the shots. There working on also getting to play clocks. Which I really woulda enjoyed if they woulda had em when I played. I cant count how many delay of game calls Ive seen called over there or how many shoulda been called.
The field is very sweet. The weather really delayed it up I got to walk on it a lil friday night and some today and the ruber is still a little loose and from talking to players friday its still a little loose one good rain or a coupl;e more games should make it even better. Props on the new sound system for valley to very much needed! the old one was about 15 years old and the weather had taken its toll on it.
bigmike06_01 Wrote:who cares??? a football team doesnt make the team, the will to reamain with Sportsmanship after taking a cheap hit makes a football team, to become men without acting like children.. to not start a fight to leave everything on the field, a football team is made by guys who are willing to do this day in and day out without caring about winning or losing, but just playing the game the best way they know how... a 2 million dollar football field doesnt mean anything to how good a team can be.. so why even discuss it?

Sounds to me like another whinner jealous because there team didnt get the turf. I bet if your team got it though itd be whoop it de doo we got new turf and you didnt!
The field looks very nice ,they should be very proud of what they have . I have to say Belfry has the better looking field,with having their name in the end zones & the white all around the outside of the field.Their both very nice and both schools should be proud of what they have.Good luck to both all season.
Very nice field! I would love to see Belfry do the same thing and spell Pirates in the hill by the field!
so belfry wants to be like sv now?
I don't EVEN think so!!!! LOLOLOL....
BelfryJustice Wrote:Very nice field! I would love to see Belfry do the same thing and spell Pirates in the hill by the field!
They couldn't even spell Pirates right in the end zone!!!! Just kidding Justice!! Cam is a great place to play.
Pages: 1 2 3