Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 12 Pike Central 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Shelby Valley 12 Pike Central 6

A bad snap over the punter gives the game to Shelby Valley!
This game is final
I heard there was some unsportsmanlike conduct after the game, I'd like to hear some comments about this display.
Is this the final score? Low scoring game sounds really surprising. I figured with the talk of Valley being much improved that this would be a definate blow out. Maybe Valley isnt as good as they seem or Central is starting to show signs of turning around the program.
congrats to sv on a big win
fox sports Wrote:This game is final
I heard there was some unsportsmanlike conduct after the game, I'd like to hear some comments about this display.

All i know is that I saw Big John Johnson going after, who looked to be, Merchant, and then I saw Johnson get pulled back, the next thing I know, Saunders was going after someone, and he was getting pulled back by an assistant coach. Don't know what was said, possibly a racial slur?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:All i know is that I saw Big John Johnson going after, who looked to be, Merchant, and then I saw Johnson get pulled back, the next thing I know, Saunders was going after someone, and he was getting pulled back by an assistant coach. Don't know what was said, possibly a racial slur?
From the coach or from a player?
BR549 Wrote:From the coach or from a player?

Well I would say from a player since the players were about to go at it..
will anyone from either team be knocked out of playing next week?
No no one will be knocked out from playing next week. I really dont know 100% but no one faught so i think everyone will get to play.
Is it true Shelby Valley's coach went after the PC coach?
No i think he was goin after his own player from valley. I dont think he would go after a player for PC.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:All i know is that I saw Big John Johnson going after, who looked to be, Merchant, and then I saw Johnson get pulled back, the next thing I know, Saunders was going after someone, and he was getting pulled back by an assistant coach. Don't know what was said, possibly a racial slur?

Was you at the game? The confrontation was between Johnson and Carter. It had nothing to do with Merchant. Carter took a cheap shot at Johnson when they took a knee on the last play of the game. Both boys had been at each other all night.
Sounds like spicing up a rivalry!!!!!!

You should not have even put that racial part in there If you don't know that for sure. All you will do is start something nasty. Shame on you. That's whats wrong with the programs at all school now days. People talking were they don't know what they are talking about. Congrats to both teams for a well played game. And yes I was there.
wooderson Wrote:Is this the final score? Low scoring game sounds really surprising. I figured with the talk of Valley being much improved that this would be a definate blow out. Maybe Valley isnt as good as they seem or Central is starting to show signs of turning around the program.

Sv was out played badly tonight tonight,they should consider this one an early christmas present......All the talk Ive heard about them after watching them tonight confirms to me that they havent played anyone untill tonight. and they and I know this is gonna piss a bunch of people off, but the truth will stand when the world burns they arent a very good team and they wont beat East Ridge at East Ridge this coming Friday night.....Ive heard all this talk about there passing game, there terrible the teams they have played up to tonight must have let them play pitch and catch...Next 2 weeks they end up 3-3...They lose to East Ridge and will lose BIG when they cross the state line....I feel bad for PC,they were the best team,just didnt get the job done..
But Ill give SV one thing,you sure got a sweet field.....
Im still not sure how you think ER will beat SV but Ill talk your word for it and sit back and watch the results closely this friday. I dont agree with you but I respect your opinion and confidence in ER.
SV Wildcat Wrote:You should not have even put that racial part in there If you don't know that for sure. All you will do is start something nasty. Shame on you. That's whats wrong with the programs at all school now days. People talking were they don't know what they are talking about. Congrats to both teams for a well played game. And yes I was there.

Okay..would you like to bite my head off? Because you sure are acting like you had something to do with this, jumping at someone..who just saw Johnson going after someone...and the PC coach grabbed ahold of Merchant and moved him out of the way...and when they shook hands...Merchant was standing at the bottom, while the players were shaking hands...so i think you need to calm down a bit before you jump the gun again..
I didn't seen anything on the field, but I know Pike Central's coach was holding Merchant back at the locker room door. Not sure if he pissed about some confrontation or just losing, but the coach struggled to calm him down.
fusion Wrote:I didn't seen anything on the field, but I know Pike Central's coach was holding Merchant back at the locker room door. Not sure if he pissed about some confrontation or just losing, but the coach struggled to calm him down.

Thank you for clearing up my WHOLE point of saying that I thought Merchant was involved in it somehow...now, SV Wildcat...you need to check out some things next time before you go try to rip someone's head off again, or when you think you can tell people what they can or can't say.
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and settle down,,,I'd hate to see anyone get suspended after such a great, hard fought game.
Valley showed fairly good defense I suppose. Merchant and Varney did give them a little trouble as expected, but nothing to the effect of them putting points on the board obviously. On offense it was a very sloppy game for Valley. I can't recall a pass completion that amounted to many yards (but I may be wrong). There was a pass to Newsome late in the game I think Valley was robbed of, but i could be wrong.
a big CONGRATS to VALLEY on a much needed win
congrats sv
seekingknowledge Wrote:Was you at the game? The confrontation was between Johnson and Carter. It had nothing to do with Merchant. Carter took a cheap shot at Johnson when they took a knee on the last play of the game. Both boys had been at each other all night.

i know ud like to belive it my friend... but it didnt happen that way... i was 4 maybe 5 feet away from the play... johnson was running his mouth all night to carter... and takin cheap shots on him on the ground... if carter had takin a cheap shot on him... johnson had it coming
Congrats Shelby Valley
PCUNO Wrote:i know ud like to belive it my friend... but it didnt happen that way... i was 4 maybe 5 feet away from the play... johnson was running his mouth all night to carter... and takin cheap shots on him on the ground... if carter had takin a cheap shot on him... johnson had it coming

I was a lot closer to it than you might realize and it did happen that way. Watch the replay on WPRG and watch the last play of the game. I stated in my post that the boys were at it all night. In other words Johnson might have had a few things to say but Carter had his mouth running all night too and he coyuldn't blow Johnson enough kisses. He must really LIKE Johnson.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Thank you for clearing up my WHOLE point of saying that I thought Merchant was involved in it somehow...now, SV Wildcat...you need to check out some things next time before you go try to rip someone's head off again, or when you think you can tell people what they can or can't say.

YOU need to check things out before you accuse anyone of making a racial slur! That's a very serious accustation. It's not something to take lightly.
seekingknowledge Wrote:YOU need to check things out before you accuse anyone of making a racial slur! That's a very serious accustation. It's not something to take lightly.

I went back and reread his post. He said POSSIBLY a racial slur. That in itself is not an accusation that is just a thought.

Now as fox sports said.....Everyone take a deep breath and relax a bit. Sounds like a hard fought game and emotions running high.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Thank you for clearing up my WHOLE point of saying that I thought Merchant was involved in it somehow...now, SV Wildcat...you need to check out some things next time before you go try to rip someone's head off again, or when you think you can tell people what they can or can't say.

Only thing that I was bitting heads off about was that you said and I quote ( possibly a racial slur) that didn't need to be said. I know both of these boys and they are good boys so I don't think that that had anything to do with the so called incident.
This was a great game played by both teams, In the first half the Hawks were pretty much in command of the wildcats but toward the end of the 3rd and beginging of the 4th the Wildcats tryed to get back in the game,They scored which tied it 6-6 and went for the 2 points but Johnson was sacked.Pike Central was puntin on 4th down in valleys teittory and the center hiked the ball way over merchants hand and valleys players jumped on the ball in the inzone to make it 12-6, Valley winning. If the ball wasn't hiked so far over the qb's head then this game would of went in OT and who know's who would of won that. But congrats to both teams on a well played game!!
Pages: 1 2 3