Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson Co 59, Corbin 47 (Cumberland Falls)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Jackson County takes home the championship trophy after beating Corbin 59-47. Jordan Fox claims MVP honors of the CFIT.

RECAP: Jackson Co 59, Corbin 47
You had your top four in the region and then said "no one is close to them."
I remember in the preseason some said no one was within 15 of Clay County.
It's hardly ever that simple. I have no doubts that North or Bell or South or Harlan County or several others could not beat any of those four, especially anyone besides Clay. Harlan County took Clay to the final minute in Manchester and shot only 18 percent in the second half.
Jackson County has a very solid team this year. Seen some of their game with Powell County over in the Berea tourney and was very impressed with the Generals
HDE Wrote:You had your top four in the region and then said "no one is close to them."
I remember in the preseason some said no one was within 15 of Clay County.
It's hardly ever that simple. I have no doubts that North or Bell or South or Harlan County or several others could not beat any of those four, especially anyone besides Clay. Harlan County took Clay to the final minute in Manchester and shot only 18 percent in the second half.

Of course, there will be upsets and teams will have bad games - all kinds of things. But, I think they are the top four, clear cut, and teams 5-12 are all difficult to separate. Talent wise, Clay, Jackson and Knox are above the rest. Corbin is just a good team that works extremely well together.

Right now, Bell or Whitley may be the 5th best team in the region, and I wouldn't put either of them on the same level as the other four, at this point.

Who knows how it'll shake out, though? Should be interesting.
Congrats to Jackson County.
Looks like Corbin didn't show up in this one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Congrats to Jackson County.
Looks like Corbin didn't show up in this one.

Corbin showed up, but Jackson was able to pull away in the fourth.

Generals were up by two heading into the fourth quarter. Jacob Hammons scored then Zach Lawson hit a three, to give them a seven point lead. Corbin scored and Lawson hit another three, to put Jackson up by eight. Fox scored on the next possession to push the lead to 10.

Corbin started rushing things after that, and could never get back into the game.

You've got to give credit to Jackson County. They played well tonight and beat a good team.
Sounds like one of those games of whoever flinched first was going to lose. Jackson County is very solid team. I would love to see them and Clay play. Is that district seeded or drawn?
E's Army Wrote:Sounds like one of those games of whoever flinched first was going to lose. Jackson County is very solid team. I would love to see them and Clay play. Is that district seeded or drawn?

I believe it's seeded but don't quote me.
It is seeded, but they play at Jackson on Monday.
The 49th District is seeded. This will be a great post-season in the 13th Region.
Seeded now, but used to be drawn. Thank God it's not that way now. The first seed is very important this year, as the 2 vs. 3 game is going to be tough!
For many years during the Bobby Keith era the 49th district was seeded by the Lit ratings. This was followed by a few years of blind draw and now the present seeding procedure. Seeding makes for a much better regional tournament, but I can see why smaller and/or non-competitive schools like to take their chances with the blind draw.
It was the first time Jackson County had beat Corbin since 1994, Pietrowski and McDaniel played on that team and Corbin was #1 in the state and Jackson beat them in 1st round of region. Billy Hicks left after that year. Monday night was a great win for the Generals kind of got a monkey off their back.