Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co 57 Boyle Co 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Whitley rebounds with a nice win over Boyle County!
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Final

Whitley rebounds with a nice win over Boyle County!

good win :Clap:
Interesting account of the final seconds of the game:

Boyle down by one calls a time out to set the play. They come out of the time out with 6 players on the floor and the officials miss it. Whitley still holds on for the win as Boyle misses their last second shot.

With a tip of the hat to the "Wizzard"; there are bad officials everywhere.
Nice rebound after last nights loss.
From what ive heard the girls were very tired against Mercer.
Good win for Lady Colonels. These type of tournaments where you play good people back to back nights get you ready for regional tournament play.
Question for you Whitley County fans. You have played close games with Boyle Co and Southwestern. Which one of these teams are the best in the 12th region? Maybe neither one if you include Mercer and Lincoln. I figured you guys would have the best opinion since you have played or seen them all play. Thanks for your opinions.
This Boyle team beat Bell by 5

I don't know if Whitley and Bell could get any more even.
eky basketball fan Wrote:Question for you Whitley County fans. You have played close games with Boyle Co and Southwestern. Which one of these teams are the best in the 12th region? Maybe neither one if you include Mercer and Lincoln. I figured you guys would have the best opinion since you have played or seen them all play. Thanks for your opinions.

I didn't see either game in person.
With that being said, every person I have talked to said Boyle looked much better. The SW carried a lot of problems for Whitley that shouldn't have happened.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This Boyle team beat Bell by 5

I don't know if Whitley and Bell could get any more even.

I think I seen somewhere that Boyle had had a knee injury to one of there better players since the Bell game.
SW nor Bell Co. got the full effect of how good Whitley is.....this is a new system for these girls and it was very new when they played them. Not to mention, the game was played at Corbin and good things don't seem to happen for them when they play there........as to why, I will let you smart people figure that out on your own. I think the 12th Region is alot like the 13th, they have 4 or 5 teams who could win it all! Will be a very exciting year in the
12th....IMO.:pondering:
wizzard you are a whitley homer. Whitley has nobody that can stop Morris. SW bigs are better than Whitley bigs. Boyle lost best player since Bell game to a acl. to hear you tell it the refs are out to cheat whitley everytime they take the court.
Lilly Wrote:wizzard you are a whitley homer. Whitley has nobody that can stop Morris. SW bigs are better than Whitley bigs. Boyle lost best player since Bell game to a acl. to hear you tell it the refs are out to cheat whitley everytime they take the court.

:boosign:
Lilly Wrote:wizzard you are a whitley homer. Whitley has nobody that can stop Morris. SW bigs are better than Whitley bigs. Boyle lost best player since Bell game to a acl. to hear you tell it the refs are out to cheat whitley everytime they take the court.

We know who Lillianhidgepork came back as....

Show me in the last post where I used the word "Cheat" I said I would let you figure it out.....funny how that is the first word you come up with.....isn't it? As far as big's go....Whitley only has one "Big" and she is having an outstanding season so far....Word has it she made the All-Tournament Team at Mercer Co. & Berea Tournaments while playing tough competition. Sounds to me like she is holding her own. I think you are right "Gut"....... "Lillian" has been reborn as "Lilly". He/She really likes to put down Kids.....:dudecomeon:
Lilly Wrote:You must not read many of my posts. I never once said anything bad about any kid from anywhere. I gave my honest opinion on SW bigs being better than Whitleys. Is that a crime. Why dont we give everyone a trophy? Said it before, I dont know any Lillian but they must be smart.

And RIUTG I dont think I would be doing alot of talking if I were you today......

Now your trying to imply that girls named to All Tournament Teams don't deserve it....... YOU REALLY ARE A JOKE!!!:biglmao:
Whitley, Bell and corbin will be fighting it out with maybe even a couple of other teams. Let's not get all huffy in January! Heck all I keep reading is my team cheats and I'm not getting bent out of shape. I am interested in if the Whitley fans think they are better than pre injury whitley from last year. I like jones as coach but I think the team misses powers. Just was wondering what gut and wizzard thinks?
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Now your trying to imply that girls named to All Tournament Teams don't deserve it....... YOU REALLY ARE A JOKE!!!:biglmao:

Not implying that at all. Just said what I thought and you about had a heart attack.
Olred Wrote:Whitley, Bell and corbin will be fighting it out with maybe even a couple of other teams. Let's not get all huffy in January! Heck all I keep reading is my team cheats and I'm not getting bent out of shape. I am interested in if the Whitley fans think they are better than pre injury whitley from last year. I like jones as coach but I think the team misses powers. Just was wondering what gut and wizzard thinks?

I think Whitley was really good with a healthy powers at point last year.
I still think a healthy Powers at point and not other injuries, and Whitley could have won region.

I do think this team has more potential than last years though. Its hard to compare the two though. Andersons style was a lot different than Jones.
Lilly Wrote:Not implying that at all. Just said what I thought and you about had a heart attack.
Oh, I forgot.....Whitley's "Big" was named to the All Tournament Team at the CFIT as well.... Let's see, as far as this years tournaments go..... that's 3 for 3 this young season.....Can you say the "Bigs" at SW did that????? If I appear to be having a heart attack.....it's because I am laughing so hard it may happen!!! :biglmao: Confusednicker:
Olred Wrote:Whitley, Bell and corbin will be fighting it out with maybe even a couple of other teams. Let's not get all huffy in January! Heck all I keep reading is my team cheats and I'm not getting bent out of shape. I am interested in if the Whitley fans think they are better than pre injury whitley from last year. I like jones as coach but I think the team misses powers. Just was wondering what gut and wizzard thinks?
Coach Jones brings new life and more modern ideas to the Whitley Co. program. The girls seem to be happier playing in the new environment. I think the only thing that's missing from last years team is "experience" at the guard spot. If Powers was still on the team this year and healthy she would be another weapon in their arsenal. But, with that being said, the younger girls are growing up fast due to the intense schedule that Coach Jones has scheduled for them early. This schedule should pay big dividends come District and Region time barring any unforeseen injuries of coarse.:Thumbs:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Oh, I forgot.....Whitley's "Big" was named to the All Tournament Team at the CFIT as well.... Let's see, as far as this years tournaments go..... that's 3 for 3 this young season.....Can you say the "Bigs" at SW did that????? If I appear to be having a heart attack.....it's because I am laughing so hard it may happen!!! :biglmao: Confusednicker:

I cant figure out why you dont like the SW team. And to think you dont go to alot of Whitleys games you sure seem to know alot about their players.
good win for Whitley
Lilly Wrote:I cant figure out why you dont like the SW team. And to think you dont go to alot of Whitleys games you sure seem to know alot about their players.

I never said I don't like SW....I just don't agree with your assertions. I don't go to alot of Whitley games, but do make some if I can fit it into my busy schedule. I know alot about the team and players because I have been following their program for several years (ie. friends, newspapers, internet, BGR, etc). They have several players who may make it to the next-level. I know alot about alot of teams, it's in my interest to know......The only person who appears to not like a team or player is you!!! The main thing I hate is the POLITICS!!! LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE WHO WINS AND WHO LOSES!!!:betterthanexpected:
“A lot” is a two-word phrase meaning very much.
“Alot” is not a word, so you should never use it!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Oh, I forgot.....Whitley's "Big" was named to the All Tournament Team at the CFIT as well.... Let's see, as far as this years tournaments go..... that's 3 for 3 this young season.....Can you say the "Bigs" at SW did that????? If I appear to be having a heart attack.....it's because I am laughing so hard it may happen!!! :biglmao: Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:

I know that you asked Gut and Wizzard but I will chip in with my two cents worth.....

Whitley 2012/13---Good offensively with good guard play, could score from several different positions but looked to Smith when they needed a big bucket. Defensively they pressed a lot but did not control the game with the press, got a few turnovers out it but at times were slow to recover and gave up easy baskets against some teams. Powers turned out to be be a huge key for the team both offensively and defensively, but more on the defensive side of the court. Team Rating 8.2 (on a scale of 10)

Whitley 2013/14---So far, so good. Yes they had two losses early on to Southwestern and Bell, but they were still learning the expectations of what they system required of each player. As they have progressed they have gotten better and better. The press is different. It is more active and they look to control the tempo of the game with it (at times). The guard play is solid and they can score from the inside or outside, and they are not limited to using one player in "need a bucket" situations. Defensively in the half court they still don't move their feet and still commit some silly fouls but that is getting better too. As the younger players continue to develop they will be deeper and more able to press for longer periods. Team rating 8.6 (on less than a half of a season) with a steep curve for improvement. Could improve to 8.9-9.3
HDE Wrote:“A lot” is a two-word phrase meaning very much.
“Alot” is not a word, so you should never use it!

WELL!!! EXCUSE ME!!!!!! I know many of YOU are PERFECT!!! I just don't happen to be one of YOU!!! Now the question you have to ask yourself.......Did he do that on purpose, or did he miss the space bar???? The world may never know....... Hey, but thanks for the spell check!!! Wait is that one word or two? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :hilarious:Confusedilly:

I just can not resist. You mean Corbin did not CHEAT them out of there all tournament trophy a.:biglmao:
Wizzard knows alot about the team, but wizzard dont go to alot of games. I say wizzard would fail a lie detector test, or a spelling test for that matter. LOLOLOL
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I never said I don't like SW....I just don't agree with your assertions. I don't go to alot of Whitley games, but do make some if I can fit it into my busy schedule. I know alot about the team and players because I have been following their program for several years (ie. friends, newspapers, internet, BGR, etc). They have several players who may make it to the next-level. I know alot about alot of teams, it's in my interest to know......The only person who appears to not like a team or player is you!!! The main thing I hate is the POLITICS!!! LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE WHO WINS AND WHO LOSES!!!:betterthanexpected:

I am hearing you are part of the politics wizzard......:poker face:
Pages: 1 2