Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mercer Co 83 Whitley Co 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Must have had 13th region refs.:biggrin:
Whitley was leading after the first quarter but trailed at the half. They were down by 5 with 50 seconds to play but Mercer did a great job of making free throws and putting the game away. Still not a bad game for the Lady Colonels, they are learning more and more what is required in the new system.
Matt Dillon Wrote:Final. Must have had 13th region refs.:biggrin:

Word has it they may have been trained by them!:biglmao: Come talk to me after Southwestern plays them at their place. We'll see what you got to say then....:eyeroll:
SW is a team that is starting to gel. Would beat Whitley 10-15 now if played again.
^
:biglmao:

That's funny.
IMO, a fresh Whitley would now beat SW by 10-15 points...
Matt Dillon Wrote:SW is a team that is starting to gel. Would beat Whitley 10-15 now if played again.

:lmao:
Matt Dillon Wrote:SW is a team that is starting to gel. Would beat Whitley 10-15 now if played again.
:dudecomeon::happysmile:
Whitley has a good team no doubt. The Craig girl had 21 pt 11 reb and played well the entire tournament.*
IMO Whitley ran out of gas in this one. Mercer pressed the whole game and Whitleys lack of depth hurt them. I think Whitley played a couple
Young girls several minutes. *I also noticed a couple different*
Stretches where Mercer had 4 eighth graders on the court at the same time. Overall pretty good match up though. Hope to see these two play again next year.
Mercer has some good young kids. Whitley is not athletic enough to run with a lot of teams. If they can play slow down pace( like real slow) then they are hard to beat.