Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 103 Prestonsburg 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
That's just downright pathetic.
^
Pburg needs to get some of those transfers.
Then, this wont happen. Unless, there waiting on there eligibility to come through.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's just downright pathetic.

That is the exact same way I'd describe 15th region basketball as a whole.
Is Southwestern that good, or is Prestonsburg that bad. Regardless, getting beat sixty points is unheard of.
A little of both. SW is above avg high school team but prestonburg looked out of sink from the start. I hadnt watched prestonburg this year but they have won some games but last night they wasnt beating anybody
Poor sportsmanship if you ask me. No call for running the score up that much. But if it was gonna happen to any school I'm glad it was prestonsburg. Reality check for the loud mouth fans.
poor sportsmanship? I was at the game and jv played some of first half and all the 4th q. half the game was played by 8th graders and freshman by southwestern
Southwestern is really good. Prestonsburg was down by a lot at the half. The starters played one minute of the 3rd quarter and did not go back in. They would have beat us anyway, but the score would have been a little better. Anyone hates to get beat like that, hopefully they can put it behind them. Congrats Southwestern, good luck in the rest of the tournament Blackcats
Huge margin of victory with the new running clock rule. Anyone know if this is the worst loss in school history our not?
UpYours Wrote:Huge margin of victory with the new running clock rule. Anyone know if this is the worst loss in school history our not?

No, it's not... Shelby Valley beat us by 63 in 2006. Not that it makes getting beat like we did any better, but since you asked. Work hard boys, you'll get better.. Good luck the rest of the season Blackcats.
The eighth graders and freshmen had almost 50 of Southwestern's points. Prestonsburg came out flat and did not react well to Southwestern's pressure. Not sure if the long bus ride played a part, but it is always tough after a 2 1/2 - 3 hour bus ride to come out ready to play.
Yes!! Bad sportsmanship.
This is the same group of boys that still play middle school basketball as well.
If they are good enough to beat a high school team by 60 should they still play middle school?
You will feel alot better when you realize no matter how good or bad all 8th graders are allowed to play 8th grade ball
I don't see this as bad sportsmanship at all. Play better and you don't get beat as bad. Blame is not on Southwestern it is on Prestonsburg.
The_Truth_Hurts Wrote:Poor sportsmanship if you ask me. No call for running the score up that much. But if it was gonna happen to any school I'm glad it was prestonsburg. Reality check for the loud mouth fans.

Win or lose by 60 we will be at the next game loud and proud.

Who is your school?

When did Prestonsburg piss in your cherrio's?
I wasn't referring to pburg fans at the games. Fans are suppose to be loud and cheer on their team. Actually pburg fans aren't really loud at games like they should be. Really a boring crowd. I'm referring to their fans like you who like to get on here and talk a big game and paint your team as great. First time I've seen any of you comment on a loss without a cry baby response.
The_Truth_Hurts Wrote:I wasn't referring to pburg fans at the games. Fans are suppose to be loud and cheer on their team. Actually pburg fans aren't really loud at games like they should be. Really a boring crowd. I'm referring to their fans like you who like to get on here and talk a big game and paint your team as great. First time I've seen any of you comment on a loss without a cry baby response.

Show me one time I have painted our basketball team as great. I have not said anything of that nature. As a matter of fact I even defended SW when someone said it wasn't sportsman like to beat a team by 60.

Preseason someone had Prestonsburg at 7 in the region, I even disagreed with that. So again, show me anywhere I painted this team as great.
basketballdad Wrote:Yes!! Bad sportsmanship.
This is the same group of boys that still play middle school basketball as well.
If they are good enough to beat a high school team by 60 should they still play middle school?

Ron White, Kevin Hart, Jeff Foxworthy...basketballdad. You're in a crowd of some of the best my man. :popcorn:

Great lesson you're exhibiting by teaching your kids that it's ok to make excuses.
No response from you truth?
I stand corrected. I haven't seen any of that from you. My apologies. But you are one of the few, my friend. But let me respond to the disagreements with me saying it's bad sportsmanship. Yes I understand that prestonsburg played bad even against non starters. But come on did they really need to run the score up that much? It's not like there's a shot clock. I wasn't there so am I missing something? Did they even try to slow the pace down?
How does one team losing bad make for the whole 15th region to be called pathetic? Hmm you might want to take a look at all the teams first.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How does one team losing bad make for the whole 15th region to be called pathetic? Hmm you might want to take a look at all the teams first.

The 15th is bad, as a matter of fact it is probably the weakest it has been ever.

I'll go ahead and add that the state overall is maybe the weakest it has been ever.

Talent level is way down, coaching level is even farther down.
I'd blame most of this result on the P-Burg Coaching Staff. They aren't the most knowledgable at the sport that they "coach." Most of them are on the Football staff and that's where they should stay. In the years since I've graduated, John DeRossett basically runs the school. his Brother coaches basketball, his sister-in-law is the Assistant Principal, his right hand man is Principal, his little bearded buddy is a fellow Assistant Principal, and his sister is the Cheerleading Coach. Someone needs to get in there and make academics come before athletics.
The_Truth_Hurts Wrote:I stand corrected. I haven't seen any of that from you. My apologies. But you are one of the few, my friend. But let me respond to the disagreements with me saying it's bad sportsmanship. Yes I understand that prestonsburg played bad even against non starters. But come on did they really need to run the score up that much? It's not like there's a shot clock. I wasn't there so am I missing something? Did they even try to slow the pace down?

Apology accepted. Thank you.

I was not at the game, but I still don't think the score was ran up intentionally. From what everyone is saying Southwestern had there bench in. You can't expect those guys who barely ever see the floor just to go out and stand. In my opinion the blame still lies on Prestonsburg for not being prepared for the game nor apparently making the necessary adjustments during the game.

Congrats to Southwestern on the win.

Blackcats get back to practice and prepare for the next game. Good luck.
Mountain Pride Wrote:I'd blame most of this result on the P-Burg Coaching Staff. They aren't the most knowledgable at the sport that they "coach." Most of them are on the Football staff and that's where they should stay. In the years since I've graduated, John DeRossett basically runs the school. his Brother coaches basketball, his sister-in-law is the Assistant Principal, his right hand man is Principal, his little bearded buddy is a fellow Assistant Principal, and his sister is the Cheerleading Coach. Someone needs to get in there and make academics come before athletics.

Not sure how anyone could disagree with any of that. :Thumbs: