Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 38 Prestonsburg 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final! Bobby Huges had a good night and so did the Defense but Blazer kept on running one play (some kind of counter) and it killed us all night !
That little counter with Thomas is lethal. If the defense over pursues it you are in big trouble. Thomas has the speed to make you pay once he gets into the secondary.
Yeah, the game was much closer than what the score shows Pburg just got wore down in the end!
Congrats to the Blazers
congrats ashland
I thought that we lacked emotion in this game just like we did against Portsmouth West, but I'll take a win any day. Matt Thomas ran the ball well, and a lot of his yards did come on that counter play. I believe he had around 215 yards and two touchdowns. Fields Davis and Josh Cordle both pounded the ball up the middle well, I'm guessing they had around 125 yards combined. Drew McDavid had a kick return for a touchdown to open up the second half and he also had an interception return for a touchdown late in the game.
Heard this on the radio after the Russell game... They said that it was alot closer too. 21 poits off of defensive plays... Good PLay for Ashland, Keep up the good work..
I have to say congrats to the Tom Cats, they have some good ballplayers, I listended to just a little of the game on the Ashland radio station and they are bad. Blackcats get your heads up and come out next week for a complete game, not just a first half.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I have to say congrats to the Tom Cats, they have some good ballplayers, I listended to just a little of the game on the Ashland radio station and they are bad. Blackcats get your heads up and come out next week for a complete game, not just a first half.

It's hard to listen to Dickie and the crew if you're not an Ashland fan. They don't hide their feelings, emotions, or thoughts whether they are against the opponent or the Tomcats.

Some stats for the game:
Ashland:

Rushing:
#2 JR RB Matt Thomas 15 carries 212 yards 2TDs (career high yardage)
#42 SR FB Josh Cordle 8 carries 72 yards TD
#25 SR FB Fields Davis 7 carries 29 yards
#7 JR QB Darrell Mahan 9 carries 22 yards
#33 SR RB Chris Hall 2 carries 9 yards
#6 SO RB Blake McLeod 2 carries 5 yards

Passing:
Mahan 2 of 9 for 30 yards

Receiving:
#44 SO TE Ryan Bonner 1 catch for 22 yards
#3 SR WR Drew McDavid 1 catch for 8 yards

Kicking:
#93 SR K Preston Freeman 5 for 5 PATS. 22 yard Field Goal

Other:
McDavid Kick Return 84 yards TD
McDavid 1 INT returned 38 yards TD

Prestonsburg:

Rushing:
SO Alan Craynon 8 carries 65 yards 2 TDs
Lincoln Slone 6 carries 46 yards
Bobby Hughes 11 carries 22 yards
Blake Meade 3 carries 10 yards
Maines 1 carry minus 6 yards

Passing:
Hughes 6 of 15 for 84 yards TD INT
Slone 0 of 1

Receiving:
Martin 1 catch for 28 yards
Craynon 1 catch for 21 yards TD
Moore 1 catch for 19 yards
Meade 1 catch for 12 yards
Slone 2 catches for 4 yards

Kicking:
Seth Moore 2 for 2 PATS
a lot of flag should have flew last night for some out in the open punches thrown and block in the back. down on the goal line one play one kid from prestonsburg got Ryan bonner doner and started punching him in the ribs and no flag.
we came out with the win but went through a dirty game.
I didnt think that game was dirty at all ! I thought it was a fair called game ! The only thing i didnt like was when #2 for Ashland fumbled the punt return and we recovered it but they still gave it to the Tomcats !
This game was alot closer than I expected.
Congrats Ashland!!!!
Congrats to Ashland!!
you didn't see the punches thrown and the block in the back
t-cat50 Wrote:a lot of flag should have flew last night for some out in the open punches thrown and block in the back. down on the goal line one play one kid from prestonsburg got Ryan bonner doner and started punching him in the ribs and no flag.
we came out with the win but went through a dirty game.
Flags should have been thrown but not against p-burg. Ashland touched the ball on kick off and the refs gave the ball back to them. p-burg went through the dirty game.
:rockon: Congrats Ashland
Congrats Ashland
Congrats Tomcats!
blackcat_student Wrote:I didnt think that game was dirty at all ! I thought it was a fair called game ! The only thing i didnt like was when #2 for Ashland fumbled the punt return and we recovered it but they still gave it to the Tomcats !

I guess you must be used to your team playing dirty and learned to look passed it but Prestonsburg is one of the dirtiest teams i have ever seen and i for one am glad this series is over.
blackcat_student Wrote:I didnt think that game was dirty at all ! I thought it was a fair called game ! The only thing i didnt like was when #2 for Ashland fumbled the punt return and we recovered it but they still gave it to the Tomcats !

Im not an Ashland fan nor a P-burg fan..but I was there and #2 did muff the punt..but for some reason Ashland ended up with the ball.
I made it to the second half of this game, and from what I got to watch, I think Prestonsburg may turn out all right this year.
t-cat50 Wrote:you didn't see the punches thrown and the block in the back

Don't think that it's just Prestonsburg's players.
What Kind Of Problems Happened In This Game, I Heard The Ashland Coach Say After The Game That He Would Shedule P-burg Again, Just Wondering What Happened.
DEVIL89 Wrote:What Kind Of Problems Happened In This Game, I Heard The Ashland Coach Say After The Game That He Would Shedule P-burg Again, Just Wondering What Happened.

There were ALOT of cheap shots taken in this game, and there always have been in this series. It's a game that just gets too heated and it's better to end it before someone gets seriously injured because of a flagrant personal foul.