Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co 65 Corbin 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Whitley leads by double digits most of the game. Lady Colonels without Jones most of game due to illness.

A bit of a statement game.
The Whizzard finally gets his year long awaited redemption. He can finally sleep tonight. Confusedinglepar Whitley really had Corbin out of sync most of the night. Congrats Whitley.
The WIZ can rest easy tonight. Good win for Whitley. Sets the pecking order.
Bell
Whitley
Corbin
Thanks for letting me know who won! Thanks to all my fans!! You guys are GREAT!!! WAY TO GO LADY COLONELS!!!!:happybliss:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Thanks for letting me know who won! Thanks to all my fans!! You guys are GREAT!!! WAY TO GO LADY COLONELS!!!!:happybliss:
LOL didn't know who won!!!!
Is Whitley County's head coach the guy who use to coach the middle school team? I not, why is that guys name. He is a really good guy and a good coach.
PC Sports Wrote:Is Whitley County's head coach the guy who use to coach the middle school team? I not, why is that guys name. He is a really good guy and a good coach.

The coaches name is Donnie Jones he coached Boston elem. The coach I think your talking about is Overbey he coached the middle school for a long time, he is the boys coach at the high school
David Estes is an assistant and coached at the middle school too
Good win for the ladies tonight.

The 13th represented very well in this tourney.
Just confirms how loaded the 13th is this year.. The region tourney is going to be epic...
The region tourney is going to be interesting.

In the 49th, Clay should be a lock. The rest of the district is extremely weak. It will probably be North, but they have yet to win a game. Jackson may get by them.
In the 50th, Corbin and Whitley should be locks.
In the 51st, Lynn Camp could find there way in. KC or Bville should be the other team.
In the 52nd, Bell County is a lock, but Harlan or Harlan County could make it.

After looking over the entire region, some interesting scenarios pop up.

For instance, the 49th is really down this year. Clay will compete, but the rest of the district is awful.
The 50th has Whitley and Corbin, and for the first time, I don't see South being a threat and Wburg wont be a threat at all.
The 51st seeding will determine the outcome of that district IMO. KC, LC, and Bville will all want that 1 seed so they can have an easy first round against Pineville, but whoever gets the 2 and 3 will be in trouble in the first round of district.
The 52nd is really good, with Bell leading the way. You will undoubtedly have Harlan and Harlan County as the 2 and 3 and one of them wont make region. What makes it interesting though is one of these teams could upset Bell on any give night IMO.

If I had to make a pick right now I'd go with...
49th, Clay and North
50th, Whitley and Corbin
51st, Lynn Camp and Bville
52nd, Bell and Harlan County
Can't say I disagree with any of your breakdown on the 13th gut... Once they get it started, I think any of the top 4 could get hot and win the thing if all stay healthy. The top 4 being Bell, Whitley, Corbin, and Harlan (city or county depending on who makes it out of district).. Clay will be a tough out, but don't think they can string 3 quality wins together....
This may be the most balance the top has ever had. I hope Knox Central wakes up and makes a change. They have had enough talent to be right in the conversation the last few years.
Im telling you, were liable to see Harlan or Harlan County barely make it into region only to win the whole thing before its over.

If theres one thing ive found out about girls basketball, its come tourney time, teams choke like crazy. Whitleys been doing it for years. Look at there loss to North in the first round of region a couple of years ago or Bells loss last year.
Now that Clay has come down to reality, it really makes the girls 13th interesting and fun to watch.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im telling you, were liable to see Harlan or Harlan County barely make it into region only to win the whole thing before its over.

If theres one thing ive found out about girls basketball, its come tourney time, teams choke like crazy. Whitleys been doing it for years. Look at there loss to North in the first round of region a couple of years ago or Bells loss last year.
Now that Clay has come down to reality, it really makes the girls 13th interesting and fun to watch.

I have not seen Harlan Co, but no one wants to draw Harlan City come region time. There coach may be coach of the year if the vote where today. He can flat coach.
insideinfo Wrote:This may be the most balance the top has ever had. I hope Knox Central wakes up and makes a change. They have had enough talent to be right in the conversation the last few years.

Only way that will happen is if they get a new coach!!! The one they have now is terrible!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The region tourney is going to be interesting.

In the 49th, Clay should be a lock. The rest of the district is extremely weak. It will probably be North, but they have yet to win a game. Jackson may get by them.
In the 50th, Corbin and Whitley should be locks.
In the 51st, Lynn Camp could find there way in. KC or Bville should be the other team.
In the 52nd, Bell County is a lock, but Harlan or Harlan County could make it.

After looking over the entire region, some interesting scenarios pop up.

For instance, the 49th is really down this year. Clay will compete, but the rest of the district is awful.
The 50th has Whitley and Corbin, and for the first time, I don't see South being a threat and Wburg wont be a threat at all.
The 51st seeding will determine the outcome of that district IMO. KC, LC, and Bville will all want that 1 seed so they can have an easy first round against Pineville, but whoever gets the 2 and 3 will be in trouble in the first round of district.
The 52nd is really good, with Bell leading the way. You will undoubtedly have Harlan and Harlan County as the 2 and 3 and one of them wont make region. What makes it interesting though is one of these teams could upset Bell on any give night IMO.

If I had to make a pick right now I'd go with...
49th, Clay and North
50th, Whitley and Corbin
51st, Lynn Camp and Bville
52nd, Bell and Harlan County

As good as the top is the bottom is just as bad. I can't believe the Laurel Co. Schools are as bad as they are.
panther nation Wrote:Only way that will happen is if they get a new coach!!! The one they have now is terrible!

A lot of people have given up hope, we will see what the new A D has to say.