Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Legacy Nissan Classic 12/21-12/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend will feature lots of great tournaments around the state, but perhaps the best in SEKY will take place at North Laurel in the Legacy Nissan Classic.

Here is the opening day schedule (12/21):

South Laurel vs. East Jessamine - 2:00

Cordia vs. Covington Scott - 3:45

Taylor County vs. Williamsburg - 5:30

North Laurel vs. Pickett County, Tenn - 7:15

We will post a preview of the tournament tomorrow evening.

For the 13th Region teams taking place, take a look at our 13th Region Power Rankings and our 13th Region Player Rankings.

If you are going to be at this tournament and can provide updates, shoot me a PM. Thanks!
I THINK this is correct:

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_8705

Legacy Nissan Classic III
At North Laurel

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 21
2:00 -- South Laurel vs. East Jessamine (Game 1)
3:45 -- Cordia vs. Scott (Game 2)
5:30 -- Taylor County vs. Williamsburg (Game 3)
7:15 -- North Laurel vs. Pickett County, Tenn ((Game 4)

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 22
2:00 -- Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser (Game 5)
3:45 -- Game 3 Loser vs. Game 4 Loser (Game 6)
5:30 -- EARLY SEMIFINAL, Game 1 WINNER vs. Game 2 WINNER (Game 7)
7:15 -- LATE SEMIFINAL, Game 3 WINNER vs. Game 4 WINNER (Game 8)

MONDAY, DECEMBER 23
2:00 -- SEVENTH PLACE, Game 5 Loser vs. Game 6 Loser (Game 9)
3:45 -- FIFTH PLACE, Game 5 WINNER vs. Game 6 WINNER (Game 10)
5:30 -- THIRD PLACE, Game 7 Loser vs. Game 8 Loser (Game 11)
7:15 -- CHAMPIONSHIP, Game 7 WINNER vs. Game 8 WINNER (Game 12)
We will have our preview up this evening and I'll post that here.

Here is an editable version of the brackets that we will keep on our site, so we can fill it in as we go.
TriCountySports Wrote:We will have our preview up this evening and I'll post that here.

Here is an editable version of the brackets that we will keep on our site, so we can fill it in as we go.

The above bracket is incorrect. I looked at it the wrong way. Sorry.
Saturday evening watching Basketball for me at North :Cheerlead
Here is a complete preview of the Legacy Nissan Classic.

I've also posted a bracket and another bracket with my predictions.

Legacy Nissan Classic - Preview and Predictions
I really thought all of the Cordia fans would be on here discussing their chances of winning the LNS. I don't know that much about Cordia, but was hoping I'd get some inside info.
The Legacy Nissan Shootout is underway as South Laurel takes on East Jessamine in the opening game.

The Cardinals lead East Jessamine 28-22 at the half.
South Laurel takes the first game in the Legacy Nissan Shootout.

Here is our recap:

RECAP: South Laurel 65, East Jessamine 62
Taylor County wins big over Williamsburg in the third game of the Legacy Nissan Shootout.

Here is the recap:

RECAP: Taylor Co 79, Williamsburg 59
There is an updated bracket of the tournament here. It's highlighted in blue:

Legacy Nissan Shootout
Looks like a weak tournament. Cordia should win every game by 15+.
Completely agree.
Taylor Co is pretty good.
mad dog Wrote:Looks like a weak tournament. Cordia should win every game by 15+.

Taylor will beat Cordia by 10+
^The only way Taylor beats Cordia by 10+ is if cordia can't throw it in the ocean. They do have a starter out so that may play into Taylor's favor.
Downtown10 Wrote:^The only way Taylor beats Cordia by 10+ is if cordia can't throw it in the ocean. They do have a starter out so that may play into Taylor's favor.

I was going by how many points Knott Central beat Cordia by a few days ago. I think when healthy TC is as good As TC so I predict a similar score.
Downtown10 Wrote:^The only way Taylor beats Cordia by 10+ is if cordia can't throw it in the ocean. They do have a starter out so that may play into Taylor's favor.

I was going by how many points Knott Central beat Cordia by a few days ago. I think when healthy TC is as good As kcc so I predict a similar score.

Slone(pg) is coming off a sprained ankle; Wiggington is just getting into game shape after an injury.
Bull you need to get off the Kool-Aid :dontthink It's having ill effects on you.

Go Cordia from 64SUR,This Taylor County team is for real I do not lie :HitWall:
riverdog Wrote:Bull you need to get off the Kool-Aid :dontthink It's having ill effects on you.

I do like my kool-aid!
The only concern I have is the pg for tc not being 100%. But 3 games in 3 days for both teams may lead to some tired legs on both sides.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I was going by how many points Knott Central beat Cordia by a few days ago. I think when healthy TC is as good As TC so I predict a similar score.

Knott is much better than TC.

Look at it this way. Knott beat Cordia by 15 and Holmes beat Cordia by 5. If Knott and Holmes were to play that would be a game that could go either way. So you can't judge how one game is gonna go based on another.

I'm not saying TC can't beat Cordia but it would take a less than stellar game from the Lions for that to happen.
Downtown10 Wrote:Knott is much better than TC.

Look at it this way. Knott beat Cordia by 15 and Holmes beat Cordia by 5. If Knott and Holmes were to play that would be a game that could go either way. So you can't judge how one game is gonna go based on another.

I'm not saying TC can't beat Cordia but it would take a less than stellar game from the Lions for that to happen.

Ok. I respect your opinion and will agree to disagree about TC being as good as KCC. The only way we would know is if they played each other. This game will be an indication of how far TC has come/has to go and will give them experience/film that will help them improve win or lose.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_8705

Legacy Nissan Classic (at North Laurel)

MONDAY, DECEMBER 23

2:00 -- Scott vs. Williamsburg (Seventh Place)

3:45 -- East Jessamine at North Laurel (Fifth Place)

5:30 -- South Laurel vs. Pickett County Tenn. (Third Place)

7:15 -- Cordia vs. Taylor County (Championship)
Thanks for updating this guys. I'm out of town for Christmas but hope to post more tomorrow.