Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tall Thick bodied kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems to me like tall big thick bodied kids seem to get a lot of fouls called on them. And when they get hit it doesn't get called.
Yes
proud44pirate Wrote:Seems to me like tall big thick bodied kids seem to get a lot of fouls called on them. And when they get hit it doesn't get called.

My baby is a naturally born football player, and he's a lineman. So, I truly know what you talking about while he's trying to "transition" to basketball. Besides, the way the foul calling has changed it is just ridiculous, IMO. They will call the nothing hand check, and let them beat the big guys to death. We played last Tuesday night, and mine went up for a rebound. The other guy was over his back so badly, that his feet came off the floor and he was literally being held up by laying on the other's back. My guy had the ball with both hands and the other that was on his back was reaching around his body with only one hand on the ball. Refs called a reach in on my player...go figure.
Umm, Shaq?????? It's the nature of the beast....
Saw this first hand last night in a game. Kid is just so much physically stronger and a big time football player. ends up fouling out 4 guys from the opposing team. But should have been way worse.

Opposing coach kept asking the ref what they were supposed to do?? Calls were consistant in first half, but then the refs started letting it go and the coach of the young man ask an official why he was not getting the calls when he obvious fouls were ignored. Ref proceeds to tell the coach, "Coach, to be honest they're fouling him before he even gets the ball." "We can't call all those because he is just so much stronger than them."

He ended up being quadruple teamed at the end of the game until he fouled out in Double Overtime.

When he fouled out, and this is a true statement, a woman from the crowd taunted him fouling out and called him "Fatty"... Kids 6'4 270..
That's almost exactly what my baby is....maybe a little heavier.
Wink

Tell you something, if I ever hear anyone saying that to mine, either they or I WILL carry an ass whipping..promise.
The kid from leslie is a very strong kid but they wouldn't allow wolfes, big mean to lay a breather on him when the removed him from the lane..automatic foul call
Im like you Granny Bear. That would be a death wish if I heard a parent say something like that. Emergency Room Afternoon one way or the other.
willabeast23 Wrote:The kid from leslie is a very strong kid but they wouldn't allow wolfes, big mean to lay a breather on him when the removed him from the lane..automatic foul call

Right...
He was rode like a donkey all night. Especially in the second half...
When the ref says he's gettin' fouled every trip down before he even gets the ball, kinda tells you something...
He shot 19 free throws and multiple offensive fouls....you can't barrel over people it's basketball not football
willabeast23 Wrote:He shot 19 free throws and multiple offensive fouls....you can't barrel over people it's basketball not football

If they're moving its a foul on them, not the football/basketball player.
I've watched Clay Co. play a couple of games and I felt like the Allen kid got hammered a lot and very few calls were made. I truly think its due to his size.