Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty suspended for "anti-gay" remarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Per the biased media article below. We should call A&E and voice our opinion on this, which is downright ridiculous. Phil was very respectful in how he expressed his opinion.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-...31650.html

PDATE: On Wednesday afternoon, A&E, the cable network which airs "Duck Dynasty," suspended Phil Robertson indefinitely from filming, issuing the following statement: "We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series 'Duck Dynasty.' His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

GLAAD issued the following statement in response to A&E's decision, attributed to GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz: "What’s clear is that such hateful anti-gay comments are unacceptable to fans, viewers, and networks alike. By taking quick action and removing Robertson from future filming, A&E has sent a strong message that discrimination is neither a Christian nor an American value."
After a couple of days hopefully A&E won't even want to turn on the TV because of all the backlash they will get. The man was asked a question and gave his opinion on his beliefs. I could go on for days about many different aspects that bother me about this. Hopefully, the American people that belief in our constitution, religions, sacrifices, etc will come to the defense of Phil. I'm done with A&E
I don't see the problem.
All A&E had to do was say his views didn't reflect theres.

This country is so politically correct that it makes me sick.
I think everyone with any morals should never watch a&e network again. We should all call the sponsors of this channel and tell them enough is enough, if there going to let the network act like this then we as god fearing Americans want buy their products either..

It is a shame when a man can't answer a question honestly how he feels without being harassed for his beliefs. God have mercy on is all!!!
Here is a link to a&e let them know how you feel about how they have treated Phil Robertson
Feel free to contact us at [email]aefeedback@aenetworks.com[/email]
As much as I enjoy watching duck dynasty. I think the whole Robertson clan should tell a&e to take their show and shove it where the sun don't shine. They don't need a&e money any way. The whole family should stick together and just leave the show all together. It's going to hurt a&e a lot more than it will them. Then when they lose their cash cow they can't thank the LGBT Community and GLAAD for it.
I don't see anything wrong with with Phil said...I mean it isn't like he was bashing gays.

He was just stating his beliefs.
Phil and the family will be fine. Good on him for shooting from the hip. The show will either fade or explode as A&E spins this!

These guys are laughing their way to the bank. Uncle Si Chia Pets……enough said!!!
GQ should be closed for asking the question. What was he supposed to do....lie?

It is what it is. After all, he only told the truth. Jesus was crucified for only telling the truth.
It's a good thing the BGR "higer-ups" don't act this way....

I would have been suspended indefinitely along time ago.

And just for the record....
God, Jesus and The Holy Ghost
Merry CHRISTmas!
The Bible says homosexuality is wrong.
The bizarre part of all this to me is the fact that if Phil were a gay man lashing out about hetero couples committing adultery (which he did call out as well in the same article) not a single word would have been said.

The fact we live in a country founded on Religious Freedom...yet the people who are most often persecuted are because they state their religious viewpoint.. tells you a lot.

I also think the logic is flawed. You look at the backlash across the country and this decision by A&E has spurned exponentially more angst and hatred toward gays from the lunatic fringe than if they simply would have had A&E issue a statement saying his views do not reflect theirs and let it be and apologizing to any it offended.

I have no reason to watch A&E aside from that show... if it goes off I will not watch A&E...if it moves to a different channel I will not watch A&E but will watch what ever channel picks them up.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I don't see anything wrong with with Phil said...I mean it isn't like he was bashing gays.

He was just stating his beliefs.

This...

Whether I am a religious person or not, he was merely expressing his beliefs and opinions.

Everyone wants to yell free speech (Westboro Baptist Church, Al Sharpton, etc...) but then when someone who goes against the grain (so to speak) by answering a reporters question is then bashed for expressing his 1st amendment right, it disturbs me.
If Phil Robertson followed Westboro's lead, he would protest every single gay marriage, gay meeting, gay bar....etc. HE would be tried for hate crimes while Westboro expects acceptance and equal rights.

We have gone so far into political correctness that we have now become out and out stupid.
WideRight05 Wrote:Per the biased media article below. We should call A&E and voice our opinion on this, which is downright ridiculous. Phil was very respectful in how he expressed his opinion.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-...31650.html

PDATE: On Wednesday afternoon, A&E, the cable network which airs "Duck Dynasty," suspended Phil Robertson indefinitely from filming, issuing the following statement: "We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series 'Duck Dynasty.' His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

GLAAD issued the following statement in response to A&E's decision, attributed to GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz: "What’s clear is that such hateful anti-gay comments are unacceptable to fans, viewers, and networks alike. By taking quick action and removing Robertson from future filming, A&E has sent a strong message that discrimination is neither a Christian nor an American value."

What's more, according to him, it's basically incomprehensible. "It seems to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man's anus," he explained. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Confusednicker: One of the funniest paragraphs I have read in print ever!
It all been prophisied in the New Testiment.

2 Timothy 3

1 But know this, that in the last days grievous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good,
4 traitors, headstrong, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore. From these also turn away.

As keepers and speakers of the Truth we are to proclaim His name regardless of the persecution we may receive. Anything short of death for "Him" is a mere inconvenience. I applaud Phil Robertson for his courage to use the stage God has given him to do THE RIGHT THING!
1 Cor 6:9-10 KJV
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

SEEMS PRETTY STRAITFORWARD TO ME. I STAND WITH PHIL.
Romans 1:20-27 KJV
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

No need to elaborate!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:GQ should be closed for asking the question. What was he supposed to do....lie?

It is what it is. After all, he only told the truth. Jesus was crucified for only telling the truth.

The author of the story knew exactly what he was asking and what the response would be. It was nothing more than a set up.
This was out of A&E's hands. They were told to eliminate the Gay-Hate by a much higher power....

[Image: 1245290627107.jpg]
By the way A&E does have the right to suspend Phil. This isn't a 1st Amendment debate but an employee/employer debate and what best fits the image of the brand. As a consumer you have a choice to watch or not. I have choosen to remove the show from my DVR schedual of events. I have suspended myself from A&E until further notice.
^^^
Ditto.

Dusty, the nipple ring is realy you.
Stardust Wrote:This was out of A&E's hands. They were told to eliminate the Gay-Hate by a much higher power....

Please explain the bolded.

I hope Duck Dynasty moves to one of the Christian channels.... or heck, even Pay-Per-View..... $.99 per episode. Then they could say or do whatever they wanted.
Anyone who may be interested can go the the sight below and sign a petition to reinstate Phil Robertson.

http://www.faithdrivenconsumer.com/?recruiter_id=146622
The cast has indicated that they are not going to continue taping the show without Phil. So this is either the end of Duck Dynasty or they will be moving to another channel.
judgementday Wrote:The cast has indicated that they are not going to continue taping the show without Phil. So this is either the end of Duck Dynasty or they will be moving to another channel.

Move to another channel!!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:This was out of A&E's hands. They were told to eliminate the Gay-Hate by a much higher power....

Looks a lot more natural as shown above, than on a pitching mound, LOL.

I've seen tons of Duck Dynasty merchandise in Walmarts and just about every store I've been in lately. I assume the split between A&E and Duck D will cause some issues?
The World will always hate the Word of God! Instead of framing social positions as our own and being the subject of attack, we should preface our statements with "According to the The Word of God ........". That way, you force the ungodly to attack scripture itself. They are to cowardly to do so directly, its much easier to blame a person as a proxy.
I'm just glad Phil did what Most Christians are afraid to do. And that is put God above all things. My God is a jealous God. And this fiasco has escalated into another homosexual debate. I have been told that homosexuals will make it even with out a lifestyle change. That's wrong!!! I have been told I'm judging. I'm not!!!! I have the right to judge another Christian by their fruits. A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit and neither a good tree can bring forth bad fruit. If I see someone doing something wrong and them a Christian I have to tell them or else if I don't and they don't repent then I will be held accountable because I didnt say anything.
judgementday Wrote:The cast has indicated that they are not going to continue taping the show without Phil. So this is either the end of Duck Dynasty or they will be moving to another channel.

I think this would be the only coarse of action for the cast to do. You have to stand by your patriarch
^Agreed. The problem for them moving will probably be centered around their contract with A&E. Hopefully, A&E broke the agreement when they suspended Phil. I'd say the cheapest way out for either side will be to reinstate him and limp along for the remainder of their agreement.

Obviously DD's stand for Christ is not for sale but, the worry is them getting sued by the station for leaving, if that means walking out on a contract.
Pages: 1 2 3