Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Records and Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a compiled list of the records of every team in the 13th Region, per the KHSAA.

13th Region Records

These look a lot different than our 13th Region Power Rankings.

How would you rank these teams at this point in the season?
IMO the top 3 would be

1 clay
2 Harlan county
3 barbourville

From here put them in a cup and shake them out and put them where they fall!!
panther nation Wrote:IMO the top 3 would be

1 clay
2 Harlan county
3 barbourville

From here put them in a cup and shake them out and put them where they fall!!

I don't know if I could put Barbourville ahead of Corbin and Jackson County, especially after losing to Whitley County last week. I think they are a good team, but probably not third, at this point.

I know you're not high on Evans, but based on talent, where do you think Knox Central ranks?
I'm a Barbourville homer and not even I would put them in the top 3 or even 5. The Tigers came out flat and couldn't hit a shot against Whitley but a loss is still a loss. IMO top 5 is:

1. Clay Co
2. Knox Central
3. Jackson Co.
4. Harlan Co.
5. Corbin/North Laurel

2-5 it seems can be a toss up to be honest. The gap everyone thought at the beginning of the year between the top teams and lower teams is closer than predicted. Clay is still the early favorite BUT on a neutral court, they can be beaten. Especially once late January and early February rolls around and we can see every teams' true talent.
1. Clay County
2. Knox Central
3. Corbin
4. Harlan County
5. Jackson County
1. Clay- Talent is there, top 20 in state potential. The new guys are learning to play together and need to bring better defense and effort.
2. Jackson- Also very talented but consistency hasn't been there. No excuse to lose to Wolfe County regardless of who was out.
3. Corbin- Two words, Tony Pietrowski
4. Knox Central- Lack of depth hurts the Panthers and Evans has never been a very good coach in my opinion.
5. Harlan County- Couple good young players that play extremely hard. No idea why Miller left, with him they would have been 2-3 in region.
6. North Laurel- Young talent mixed with tough, dedicated older players. Brad Sizemore can flat coach and get the effort out of them.

At this point the rest of the region are irrelevant as far as competing for a title.
I have Harlan Co. ahead of Jackson Co. and Corbin anyway. I have them at 3. To tell you the truth, I'm not so sure they aren't better then Knox. I guess time will tell. As for Miller leaving. I don't think they're really missing him. They have been very strong on the glass (out rebounded Clay 33-24). Their bigs are very physical and they have as good a backcourt as there is in the region. They added the QB (Bailey) to the team, and he has been outstanding in the post replacing Miller. That kid is everything your looking for in post D, rebounding, effort, attitude, leadership, and intangibles. Taking nothing away from Miller, because he's a good player, but Bailey may be a better fit for this team. HC fans are very excited about this group.
I just don't think it's that simple to write off several teams as irrelevant.
Harlan already beat North Laurel. South played Corbin close the other night. I have no doubt that Middlesboro or Bell could beat anyone in the region, except maybe Clay. Barbourville is also capable of beating just about anyone.
1. Clay Co.
2. Jackson Co.
3. Knox Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. Corbin
6. North Laurel
7. Whitley Co.
8. Barbourville
9. Bell Co.
10.South Laurel
11.Williamsburg
12.Harlan
HDE Wrote:I just don't think it's that simple to write off several teams as irrelevant.
Harlan already beat North Laurel. South played Corbin close the other night. I have no doubt that Middlesboro or Bell could beat anyone in the region, except maybe Clay. Barbourville is also capable of beating just about anyone.

Have to agree. Bell Co and Middlesboro are both talented teams. Bobcats started slow, but have won four straight. Jackets consistently underachieve, but the talent is there.

We can never count out Barbourville or South Laurel, either.

I think these four teams are in the second tier of teams, but anything can happen when the regional tournament gets here.
I really don't know who will win the region but they are know way clay is as good as they were last season or Harlan so when region time come around I guess we will see who is the best team this season.
-_- Wrote:I really don't know who will win the region but they are know way clay is as good as they were last season or Harlan so when region time come around I guess we will see who is the best team this season.

Even if they aren't as good as they were last season, they both still have a good shot at winning the region.

Here is how we have them ranked:

13th Region Power Rankings