Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Transfers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone got on here the other day and said that knott county was the only top team in the region that didn't have ant transfers. So I went and watched the knott vs. hazard game and out of their starting five, four of them are transfers. Justice came from east ridge I think. They got the boy from bath county and Christian and Cornett both came from June Buchanan so take those 4 players away and knott central has a really good team don't they. Lol
^They didn't say they didn't have transfers. They said they was all mountain boys. They was referring to transfers from other states and countries.

Some teams are simply trying to be prep schools bringing in kids from different states and countries.

I don't really have a problem with transfers, but some of these schools are getting a little ridiculous bringing in kids from different states and countries.
KY Headhunter [Image: user_offline.gif]
Cheerleader
[Image: rating_3.gif]

Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
[Image: reputation_pos.gif]

[Image: icon1.gif]

Originally Posted by TaintAnewPat [Image: viewpost.gif] Rock I thought the same thing as you until I saw this team play a few games. Oumar and fritz just don't have the meat to do much down low. Oumar is not a guy that you can dump the ball down to and say get me 25 not yet anyway. He is raw offensively you can tell. He can block shots,rebound,and take up space he is still learning. Fritz is really thin but athletic he can really elevate but he is one of those kids that is not real aggressive by nature he is a gentle soul but I have seen him when he gets mad he has un real ability it is just hard to get it all out of him at times. Knott did expose them a little. If a team has a big burly big man until they get these other guys elidigible it can give them problems. I am a cordia fan #1 and a perry fan #2 but I really don't think unless cordia beats knott no one here can and I hate knott co so bad it really hurts me to say that but give the devil his due they are good. The had better enjoy it while they can because after next year they will be back to being the door mat just like the last 20 years before this bunch came along.
You make a great point. I know you hate Knott but gotta give them credit atleast they dominating with mountain boys and not kids from Canada or Africa or Philly.

Buc Wild (12-16-2013)

KY Headhunter View Public Profile Send a private message to KY Headhunter Find all posts by KY Headhunter Add KY Headhunter to Your Contacts Add KY Headhunter to Your Ignore List
^ I think that is the one you are referring to.
This guy really hates Knott Co. doesn't he lol?
Knott Central a Doormat? Dang I have always thought they have had excellent basketball teams since the Carr Creek days and Hindman days.
hitter Wrote:Someone got on here the other day and said that knott county was the only top team in the region that didn't have ant transfers. So I went and watched the knott vs. hazard game and out of their starting five, four of them are transfers. Justice came from east ridge I think. They got the boy from bath county and Christian and Cornett both came from June Buchanan so take those 4 players away and knott central has a really good team don't they. Lol

These may be the most stupid comment's I've seen on the board. That would be like saying someone transfered from A.B Combs to Hazard High School.
Transfer from a school 10 miles down the road or from Canada makes no difference. Still transfered to make a team better. Most are caught up in a area, it is schools.
I agree that a transfer is a transfer whether its from 10 miles or 1000 miles. I also believe its a transfer if its freshmen year or Senior year. I really could care less how many transfers teams get or anything like that but everybody in the region pretty much has 1/2 of them.
In the past few years it has seemed as though that the 14th region recruits more than Calipari does..
What I said was they only had one transfer from another high school. Samons came from Bath Co. The rest of these kids have been at Knott Co since they were freshmen.