Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: cross country in the mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who are the best single A runners in the mountains , both boys and girls ?
I understand Paintsville has a couple of good boys, that Cox kid I think he's a senior. And a freshman I can't spell his name I think it's Cybrinsky. (sorry if it's not right) They also have 3 or 4 pretty good girls. I think the coaches daughter is one of them. Magoffin County has a very good girl (I think they are AA though). That's all I've heard about.
hows is Pikeville looking??
From the results I've seen Pikeville is way down this year, though coach White always seems to be able the bring out the best in her runners. I understand that Kylie Schmit is not running this year. I don't know if this is true or not.
wow thats a shocker but she did loser like her top 5 from last season due to graduation
i heard somewhere that jenkins did well in the first cross country meet. does anyone have any info about them ? i heard they had some good young girls running ?
Yea jenkins cc is lookin good, have bout 6 boys out and bout 6 or 7 girls. Its the most boys they have had out in a while. Both the boys and girls have a good chance at winnin the region this year and region is at jenkins too! The young girls you heard about are probably Nicole Revis(soph), Caitilyn Sexton, Hillary Brashear(fresh).Also runnin is Heather Maggard and Paige Johnson(both juniors)
I don't know about Jenkins winning, even though Pikeville is down this year. They still have to deal with Lee Co. and Paintsville. I think they had a meet at Jenkins today. I don't know the results or what teams were there. Does anyone have the results yet?
congrats to the girl at jenkins for winning the region title ...... good luck at state girls :letsparty
Here are the full results from Class A Region 6
http://www.khsaa.org/cross_country/2006/1aregion6.htm

Congratulations to the Jenkins girls and the Paintsville boys.
And good luck at state to all of those that qualified.
I saw the news report about Cybriwsky and Ousley finishing first at the class A region 6 meet. And that made me look at the total results, I figured it up and if Paintsville girls had had a full team, even if their last girl had finished dead last they would have won the regional title also.
i feel sorry for them ,but thats the whole meaning of regional TEAM winner . those girls ran well ,not taking anything away from them .good luck to all the girls in the state meet saturday !
Well, I can say this.... do not pity the Paintsville girls because the ones who "showed up" from Summer camp all season long, earned our respect and were rewarded handsomely. They also learned a valuable life lesson. (I bet they don't end up in that position again!) The one, who let down the team, earned exactly what she deserves.... nothing.
I am so proud of our girls team and our boys team. I am especially proud of our Seniors! I hope they never forget their "send off" & the pride we all felt that day!