Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A.I.T. Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The KHSAA website lists only seven teams as participants in this year's A.I.T. Who is the eighth team? I assume Roger Bacon, Johnson Central, Fleming County, and Simon Kenton will be paired in the same bracket with Ashland, Lewis County, Grant County, and the eighth team in the other bracket. Does anyone know the identity of the other team?
Ironton is the 8th team
Thank you, The One Man.
In reviewing won-loss records, the field looks decent in the upper bracket and weak in the lower bracket. Ashland, the only lower bracket team with a winning record (Ironton is 0-5, Lewis County 3-4, and Grant County 3-4)) should walk to the championship game. Since Ashland hasn't won its tournament is a number of years and keeping them alive is important to insure better crowds, the pairings are a good move by the locals. Good luck to all teams.
Grant Co. is 3-5, One of their losses is not posted on the KHSAA scoreboard. It came in Florida at the Kreul Classic.
When does the AIT begin?
Four games on Friday.
Upper Bracket First Round

Johnson Central 64, Simon Kenton 62
Roger Bacon 65, Fleming County 60

Two good games featuring good teams. Clearly, the four best teams in the tournament are in the upper bracket.
Ashland 65 Lewis Co 60 final
They honored recently retired longtime AIT and Ashland game basketball official, Bob Kouns. That was very appropriate. Ashlanders hold Kouns in a special place in their hearts.