Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ITCS 13th Region Power Rankings - Week Two
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Week Two - 13th Region Power Rankings

Team - Record - Previous Ranking

1. Clay County Tigers (5-0) (1)

- For the first time all season, Clay County was tested, but they came through unscathed with wins over Corbin (69-62), North Laurel (79-65), and Marion County (79-57). With the play of Tyler McDaniel (21 ppg) and Trey Farmer (14.8 ppg, 7 rpg), along with the emergence of Wes Wolfe (11.8 ppg), the Tigers look like they'll stay at the top spot for a while.

2. Knox Central Panthers (2-2) (2)

- Despite having two losses on the season, the Panthers stay at the number two spot for one more week. Knox Central lost to a great Perry County Central team (72-62) and a pretty good Boyle County squad (77-66), but picked up wins over East Jessamine (72-68) and Danville (68-67). The Panthers need a good third week in order to stay in this spot, but they face tough challenges in Wayne County and Clinton County.

Check out the rest of the rankings here:

ITCS 13th Region Power Rankings - Week Two
Barbourville is 5-1. They won 2 games Saturday and one must not have been reported to Khsaa.org. Other than that the list looks good. Keep up the work!
thedealer12 Wrote:Barbourville is 5-1. They won 2 games Saturday and one must not have been reported to Khsaa.org. Other than that the list looks good. Keep up the work!

I actually knew that. Harlan County also won two games in the tournament and only one was reported. I'll fix it.

Thanks for the heads up and the compliment.
Big games tomorrow:
Harlan Co at Clay Co
Corbin at South Laurel
Rankings could be changing this weekend with these scores tonight!

Wayne Co 71, Knox 55

B'ville 66, McCreary 52

Garrard 61, W'burg 53

M'boro 68, Red Bird 34
Its hard to think so many had Wburg favored in the 50th.....

As for Knox, I can see that loss. Wayne is very good.
Theirs red bird and Mcreary county wooo hoooo!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its hard to think so many had Wburg favored in the 50th.....

As for Knox, I can see that loss. Wayne is very good.

Wayne is very good. Knox has played a tough schedule so far, with very tough games with Perry Central and Wayne Co.

W'burg is talented. They are without Skylar Griffith right now, but I don't think they'll live up to the preseason hype. Corbin is the favorite in the 50th right now, and I think South will give them a good game tonight.
TriCountySports Wrote:Big changes could come to our 13th Region Player Rankings tonight in these two games:

PREVIEW: 1 Clay County vs. 5 Harlan County

PREVIEW: 4 Corbin at 6 South Laurel
Bell Co is a top 5 team in the region IMO, some of the teams you guys have ranked ahead of them don't have the excellent coaching that Bell has!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Bell Co is a top 5 team in the region IMO, some of the teams you guys have ranked ahead of them don't have the excellent coaching that Bell has!

Coaching is important, but Bell Co has underachieved quite a bit in the past few seasons. They won the region a few years back, but haven't done much outside of that year. I would chalk that regional title up to Ben Madon, though.

Bell County has the potential to be top five, and they were in our preseason rankings. You can see those here: Tri County Power Poll

The Bobcats have a long way to go if they want to prove they are a legitimate contender in the 13th. Right now, they're average.
It doesn't look like many changes will take place after tonight's games. Clay County looks to still hold on to the top spot, while Corbin's win will keep them in the top five.

Knox Central's loss to Wayne Co really doesn't hurt because Wayne is a very good team. Jackson Co lost their center and Collier has been out, so they may drop a spot or two. Harlan Co had a good showing tonight, but still lost. It won't hurt them, but I don't know if they can move up.

Where would you rank the teams at this point?
1. Clay Co.
2. Knox Central
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Jackson Co.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:1. Clay Co.
2. Knox Central
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. Jackson Co.

That may not be too far off from our rankings. Knox Central hasn't been playing well, but they've only lost to good teams, so that makes it tricky. Obviously, Harlan County is a contender at 5-1. Jackson is on a bit of a slide, so we'll see how they finish the week.

Our rankings will start to take a different route this weekend, with all of the games that are being played before then. It should be an exciting week!