Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Cards have back for 2014?

How will they replace Guffey?

What are their expectations?
2014 will have a senior class of 22 as of state championship game.
This bunch lost 17 seniors and the majority of them all started for the past 3 years and some more.
I think they have a qb that's decent coming up. It's going to be hard to replace the talent they are loosing on both sides of the ball tho. I can't see Wayne competing with bell and Corbin next year. They missed a great opportunity to win a state title. IMO they had the best team in 3A this year. Coach must be doing something right tho!!
IMO Wayne should have won the crown this year.

They will come back down to reality next year. They do have some young kids coming in that is talented but re-alignment may not be kind to them but then again it may help getting awAy from bell, Corbin and central in region.
Cards have a a lot of holes to fill but the returning guys went against a top team in all classes everyday in practice and that is valuable experience. Corbin and Bell returning what they do have to be the favorites in the district but I expect the cardinals to take advantage of any slip ups.
Wayne returns 3-4 starters on each side of the ball and none of those guys went both ways. Some guys will and can start on the other side but some young kids will have to step up. Maybe even some of the 30 freshman that were state runner up to Belfry in middle school.

Offensively they will be led by rec/ath Logan Gardner and RB kadamien branham.
Defensively pierce, Parmley and rednour will lead the way.

in cardinal nation we hope these guys have learned from this year's upperclassmen and put us back in BG.
Branham is a load. The extra 5 weeks practice and going against quality kids every day in practice should speed up these kids being ready to go next year.
How can anyone say they were the best team in 3a. They had their shot and lost to Belfry. That was for all the marbles and you know they had to be brining their best so, that would mean Belfry was the best in 3a.
mysonis55 Wrote:How can anyone say they were the best team in 3a. They had their shot and lost to Belfry. That was for all the marbles and you know they had to be brining their best so, that would mean Belfry was the best in 3a.

Agreed...:Thumbs:
17 starters is hard to replace. The program is at a level where they will compete at a high level, but you have to expect a step back.
mysonis55 Wrote:How can anyone say they were the best team in 3a. They had their shot and lost to Belfry. That was for all the marbles and you know they had to be brining their best so, that would mean Belfry was the best in 3a.

:rockon: TongueirateSho Belfry was the best and Wayne county was second best
MERRY CHRISTMAS WAYNE COUNTY FROM 64SUR. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote::rockon: TongueirateSho Belfry was the best and Wayne county was second best

IMO Mayfield could have woren them out. BOTH
topnotch Wrote:IMO Mayfield could have woren them out. BOTH

whatever, u been smoking to much illegal stuff...:biglmao:

I agree with both of if that's legal. In a 3 out 5 series Wayne probably wins but it was a 1 shot deal.
Florida St or Auburn will be crowned National Champion this year but I don't believe either is the best team.