Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok then...I will open up pandoras box.

We all know what went on last year. We know that Nate McPeek resigned, Gary McPeek is no longer on the staff, while Bill Musick's status is up in the air. Thy aslo lost Cody McPeek to Ashland and a few to OH and WV schools. So what is left? The cupboard is not bare. There were alot of atheletes on that team.

If I am not mistaken, they still havent hired a head coach, but tallent wise here's all that I know on what they return.

Alex Roy (not unsure his exact phys stats but Id say around 6'3" 200)
Will have 2 years as the starting QB. What system the new HC decide to use(whoever it is), will be a factor here. I know many of the Fairview/Millseat/Westwood faithful are wanting to see a more spread out attack. Not alot of throwing been going on in Fairview since...well, there's never been much throwing go on there. Roy will definitely be one of the leaders in the locker room next season.

Tanner Dolen RB/LB (around 5'10" 200)
Very hardnosed downhill kid with the speed to break away. One of the leading rushers last year. He had more success than any other back against Raceland.

Caleb Smith TE/RB/DE (6'0" 240)
Ver tough kid. Blocks really well and runs well when they run him out of the FB position.

This is all know, maybe Talon or one of the other Fairview posters can elaborate.
Are they going to be eligible for the playoffs next year?
As far as i know the playoff suspension was for 2013 only.
Is there a time frame on hiring a coach?
Even if they get a new coach in time, unless he runs the same offense, it will take them 3 years or so to start to really realize the principles of the new offense to the point that they can become successful. I'm sure they will lose more kids during the summer as well. I do not look for them to be relevant for several years.
Wish All The Best To Fairview!!!!
I have a feeling they will go back to being a very average football team and program. They have lost an outstanding head coach, some good players, and coaching staff members. Ashland has benefited from some players, and Raceland benefits by Fairview not being very good. It's awful what Mr. Musick, School board, KHSAA, etc. have done to the program and the kids but that's life. Good luck to the remaining players. Whomever they hire got huge uphill battle.
mysonis55 Wrote:Even if they get a new coach in time, unless he runs the same offense, it will take them 3 years or so to start to really realize the principles of the new offense to the point that they can become successful. I'm sure they will lose more kids during the summer as well. I do not look for them to be relevant for several years.

Their only hope is if someone from within the staff comes up to the HC position, which i STRONGLY doubt, will happen. Imo, the longer they wait to hire a coach, the harder it's going to be to keep the kids around. Especially with them being so young last year. Many of those kids still have 2-3 years left to play football, ver possible that they lose a handful more.
russellpride Wrote:I have a feeling they will go back to being a very average football team and program. They have lost an outstanding head coach, some good players, and coaching staff members. Ashland has benefited from some players, and Raceland benefits by Fairview not being very good. It's awful what Mr. Musick, School board, KHSAA, etc. have done to the program and the kids but that's life. Good luck to the remaining players. Whomever they hire got huge uphill battle.

I fail to understand how Raceland benefits by Fairview not being very good?
You play the game, some you win some you lose. Ashland has benefited by kids going there, none have came to Raceland. Raceland is Raceland and they continue with their program. If you are saying that not being a good program benefits other schools in your district then maybe I can see that point. But what ever happens, Raceland shows up and plays ball. Sometimes we win and then others we don't, so our program here does not benefit or suffer from happens at Fairview. Raceland placed the first OFFICIAL- with no Asterisk ******* LOSS to Fairview in 2 years, before all of this crap started to unwind up there. Raceland did not boast or taunt afterward, they just played the game. We played well that game and Fairview did not. We had more points at the end when time ran out. So I say again, to say that WE benefit by Fairview not being good is irrelevant.
russellpride Wrote:I have a feeling they will go back to being a very average football team and program. They have lost an outstanding head coach, some good players, and coaching staff members. Ashland has benefited from some players, and Raceland benefits by Fairview not being very good. It's awful what Mr. Musick, School board, KHSAA, etc. have done to the program and the kids but that's life. Good luck to the remaining players. Whomever they hire got huge uphill battle.

I too am confused as to how Raceland benefits from Fairview not being any good. With this alignment, everyone makes the playoffs. So sinning or losing to Fairview makes no immediate difference. Imo, Fairview and Paintsville being good or improving(Paintsville's case), increases the level of competition for the Rams. There arent many teams in our area to prepare us for the playoffs. Raceland benefitted from having to deal with Fairviews speed, which helped prepared them for Pikeville. I think everyone in NEKY benefits from teams being better.
Roy is 6'4" has to be getting close to 6'5" and probably about 215 #
Roy is 6'4" getting close close to 6'5" as a sophmore
I knew Alex was a tall kid. As it stands by seasons end, it will be up to him and Tanner Dolen to carry this team. Roy has a good arm. If Jalen Thomas stays around he could make for a nice outside target. If King is still there it gives them a good option of speed/finess to go woth Dolen Speed and strength. I think thy could benefit by utilizing Caleb Smith at FB like the did early on in 2013. Whoever comes in needs to really take a look at personel. Too many coaches, imo, come ito a new place and instantly say "we are rebuilding, lets just do what we can"...every offense has enough wrinkles in it to allow for adaptation to use the kids u have. Ie: Raceland probably wont out size many lines(if any next year) so u will see them use that to theor advantage.
I guess Fairview comes to Hazard next year right???
Do to my position i cant elaborate , but 4 very big , & very well known coaches has applied for the Fairview HC position . Matter of fact im quite shocked. Wish i could tell , but i cant .
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I knew Alex was a tall kid. As it stands by seasons end, it will be up to him and Tanner Dolen to carry this team. Roy has a good arm. If Jalen Thomas stays around he could make for a nice outside target. If King is still there it gives them a good option of speed/finess to go woth Dolen Speed and strength. I think thy could benefit by utilizing Caleb Smith at FB like the did early on in 2013. Whoever comes in needs to really take a look at personel. Too many coaches, imo, come ito a new place and instantly say "we are rebuilding, lets just do what we can"...every offense has enough wrinkles in it to allow for adaptation to use the kids u have. Ie: Raceland probably wont out size many lines(if any next year) so u will see them use that to theor advantage.

You mentioned Dolen , King , & Thomas , but dont forget #4 Fred Hightower , & #6 Armonde Yetts . Hightower very fast , elusive , & good hands. Yetts has decent speed & a very strong tough runner
I was told that Yetts was leaving w Brown.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I was told that Yetts was leaving w Brown.

Whoever told you that is completely dead wrong . Yetts despite what folks outside may say is a westwood / Fairview kid . He spent only 1yr away from FHS when for personal reasons had to go to columbus. He was in FHS/Westwood well before the McPeeks. He & his guardians has said time , & time again they are not moving from the home they own in Westwood , & not switching schools . As Far as Brown he is currently trying to come back to FHS , & parents looking for a new house now in Westwood
Fairview will be back,I wish them luck next season :Clap:
I heard they may have some kids from WVa crossing the boarder to play for them next year. Probably just a rumor though.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I heard they may have some kids from WVa crossing the boarder to play for them next year. Probably just a rumor though.

I wouldnt say never , but highly doubtful you would see anymore that isnt already moved in the district & currently attending FHS now
Fairview being on probation will probably omit manu new transfers without some serious looking into by the khsaa. Imo when Fairview self reported, the McPeeks stepping down, the forfeits, and the playoff ban, they were trying to keep things from getting more out of hand. Which imo, was the right thing to do. I think Bill Musick's ways finally got the Fairview football community into a collective "uh-oh". When the whole thing went down woth the ineligible player(lets be reapectful and with hold the kids name), many said t was just the "tip of the iceberg"...which is where I developed the theory from.

In regaurds to Yetts leaving, I would have been suprised if it were true. As i know he hadbeen there awhile.
Has Fairview began interviewing anyone yet? When do they expect to make a hire? I would think thu would want to do it asap, so that the two coach can start getting his assistants in place.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Has Fairview began interviewing anyone yet? When do they expect to make a hire? I would think thu would want to do it asap, so that the two coach can start getting his assistants in place.

Fairview will more than likely name a new coach within 30 days
I figured itd be soon. Interested to see what happens. I know u cant say much Talon but are their any clear front runners?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I figured itd be soon. Interested to see what happens. I know u cant say much Talon but are their any clear front runners?

Oh yes very clear favorite ! Just cant say on here who
I know with all of the resigning at season's end that there were alot for Fairview to choose from. Some within fair proximity to our area. Many of which had ties to our region, some eve having ties to our district. Do you, Talon, feel that whoever comes in will have the ability to continue the success that Fairview has had? Starting next year? Will the new Hc bring anyone with him from a previous job? So many questions and the suspense is killing me!
Both McPeeks are gone , & now it was announced Bill Musick is retiring effective at the end of the school yr in June. Time to move on !
Glad to hear the ship is setting sail. Praying for the Fairview community. I hope the coach they bring in is one of integrity, honesty, and honor. I do not in any way think Nate McPeek didnt/doesnt possess these attributes, I do however believe he turned a blind eye and after things were deep there was nothing anyone could do but, what was done. Best of luck to him.

Hole Fairview manages to stay a winning program as it is great for our community two have the two small schools in the are be competitive with eachother. Would love to see the new HC get a Ashland/Russell/Ironton/Coal Grove/Portsmouth or maybe South Point or Chesapeke.

I think they could benefit from it like Raceland has done in the past. That week 1 or 2 game against Ashland always lets Raceland know what they need to work on right then and there. The mis season Coal Grove/Lawrence Co are another measuring stick, the Fairview game is well, the district championship or has been for several years now. Then a big game to close the season out gets u ready for the playoffs. Especially with the first few rounds being blowouts any way.

Looking foward to hearing who the new HC and AD will be.
Also...are the McPeeks out of the school system now?
Pages: 1 2