Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 66 - Johnson Central 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Justin Johnson fouled out with only 7 points but a bunch of boards
How did bb do?
Unofficial count is 26 for Brax
Icewater from the FT line
Big win for perry
JC missed free throws and missed several easy shots at the rim.

But give this team some more games, and they'll be just fine.

Perry Central has a good team. The 14th region is gonna be crazy at tourney time.
how did hall do?
It seems this wasn't nearly as one sided as some were saying. Sounded like a good game.
Perry played well Beverly can flat out play. Love to watch this kid play ball.
We have never beaten PCC in school history and doubt we ever will...
congrats PCC. I still say I hate the hand check rule. It was a free throw contest. No flow, just a terrible game to watch. Johnson, Tobler and Turner for PCC stayed in foul trouble. Just overall a bad game to watch. PCC stole one because Johnson prob played 2 quarters total. PCC played 5 guards most of the 2nd half. One bright spot tonight was a lot of PCC's young kids stepped up and played well. Why is Truman coming off the bench?? Thought he would b more a part of this team by now. Why does this team run through Gulllet and not Hall? This JC team is VERY talented. I'm not hating on them I'm just wondering because this team SHOULD b special.
Big statement by PCC.

The 14th is at there and KCC's feet IMHO..
Congrats. Commodores was a big win on the road. Perry played well on the road. Perry has a talented bunch of young players who are getting better. At big times in the game Perry had all freshmen and sophomores in the game except for Johnson. Johnson Central will be better they did not shoot the ball well. Their free throw shooting terrible. I have an idea they will get much better. Perry seems to have their number. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Diogenes Wrote:We have never beaten PCC in school history and doubt we ever will...

2013: PCC 66-54
2012: PCC 66-57
2011: PCC 71-61
2010: PCC 61-42
2009: PCC 61-51
2008: PCC 67-47
2006: PCC 69-64
2003: PCC 56-51
2002: PCC 80-65
2001: PCC 63-42
2000: PCC 79-68
1999: PCC 93-72

Thats as far back as I can find. Hard to believe that JC has never beat Perry.
Diogenes Wrote:We have never beaten PCC in school history and doubt we ever will...

Hard to believe they have never beaten Perry is this true? In recent memory I don't recall a JC victory. But all records are meant to be broken. JC has a big strong team but they had a bad shooting night. Would have liked to seen both them and Clay County in the WYMT tourney this year. Would have been a much stronger field. Not saying that they don't have a good field but would have been better with them and Clay County. IMO Johnson Central still hands down the pick in the 15th region. The truth stands when all else falls. Brother Cecil.
ballstar Wrote:congrats PCC. I still say I hate the hand check rule. It was a free throw contest. No flow, just a terrible game to watch. Johnson, Tobler and Turner for PCC stayed in foul trouble. Just overall a bad game to watch. PCC stole one because Johnson prob played 2 quarters total. PCC played 5 guards most of the 2nd half. One bright spot tonight was a lot of PCC's young kids stepped up and played well. Why is Truman coming off the bench?? Thought he would b more a part of this team by now. Why does this team run through Gulllet and not Hall? This JC team is VERY talented. I'm not hating on them I'm just wondering because this team SHOULD b special.

I agree Truman is a player can play every poison basically. Gullet is there best player that's why they run the offense through hall is primarily a post player at this point in his career everyone knows he can't shoot a perimeter jump shot. But they still have the most talent in the region and should win it easily. Surprises me Justin only had 7. He normally plays pretty well aginist hall.
Beverly was the best playing in the gym last night. Everyone wanted to see Hall and Johnson go at it but it never happened. Neither guarded the other except for help side. Johnson's supporting cast out performed Hall's supporting cast. However, I will say Hall out performed Johnson IMO and was more an impact for his team. JC missed several gimmies early and was terrible from the free thow line in the 2nd half. Not taking anything away from PCC as they played a great game.

I've said it before in other threads and I'll say it again, I love Hall's attitude and dimeanor on the court. He isn't cocky and foolish. Most other kids with all the hype play dirty, pound their chest and talk crap to other players. Hall just plays his game and lets the chips fall.

Just my 2 cents worth, I don't have a dog in the fight.
IntheZone Wrote:I agree Truman is a player can play every poison basically. Gullet is there best player that's why they run the offense through hall is primarily a post player at this point in his career everyone knows he can't shoot a perimeter jump shot. But they still have the most talent in the region and should win it easily. Surprises me Justin only had 7. He normally plays pretty well aginist hall.

Thanks for the answers. Justin was in foul trouble from the start. 3 early fouls on him, Tobler and Turner and PCC was 8 deep n2 there bench early n 2 quarter. They are having a hard time adjusting to new rules, lol.