Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County - 69 Corbin - 62 (12/10/2013)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tigers extremely sluggish, which is probably what Corbin was aiming for. Clay probably missed 7 of their last 8 free throws. McDaniel with 24, Allen 18, and Farmer 14. Goins definitely put the Redhounds on his back with 29.
Corbin definitely didn't back down. I listened to some of it on the radio and it was a 1 point game with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter. I expected Corbin to play good but not hang around as close as they did.
I agree. I predicted 10 points. Was neck and neck majority of game.
I miss this one bad ,Glad I didn't bet any money :poker face:
Clay County is the best team in the region. However I don't agree that Clay County is 15pts better than any team in the region. Jackson County, Knox Central, and Corbin are some good teams.
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:Clay County is the best team in the region. However I don't agree that Clay County is 15pts better than any team in the region. Jackson County, Knox Central, and Corbin are some good teams.
I have to agree. At least right now anyway.
I said it once and ill say it again, when you got the best coach in the region, you can do anything and that's exactly what corbins got.

I laughed at those who said Corbin would be really down and Wburg (lol) would be favored over them in district. Its not going to happen.
This was a one point ball game at halftime, and don't be surprised if by the end of the season, these two are playing for a region title.
Clay looked out of shape to me ,that will get corrected through the holiday tournaments. No one in the 13th region will want to play Corbin this year. They are very small but play extremely hard. Tonight was a really good game to watch.
Corbin has the best coach in the region and I don't think that's debatable.
No one was mentioning Goins has one of the better players in the region. I can not think of five better players in the region than the one I seen tonight.
You have to give the Corbin players credit. Year In and year out Corbin is supposed to be down but as always they surprise you. They have some fundamentally sound hard working players. I have always said that they are a lot better players then some realize and Pieteowski is the man the gets them going in the right direction to be successful.
This game was no surprise to me. I predicted Clay County to win 76-66.

I've tried telling everyone that Corbin is a heck of a team. They play well together and they are the scrappiest team I've seen under Pietrowski. And, yes, I agree with everyone in this post that Pietrowski is one of the best coaches around.

I said that Clay Co. is 15 points better than every team in the region, and, on paper, I still believe that. But, when you have teams like Corbin, that refuse to lose, you can throw those papers out the door!
And how about Kevin Goins? I currently have him as the 5th best player in the region and I think that is fair, to this point. The kid is averaging close to 26 points per game and really leading the Redhounds. I can't see him jumping anyone in the top four of our rankings, but he can flat out play.
You messed up buddy! Wink
I missed it bad as well. Corbin is a lot better then I thought.