Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bonnie and Clyde (A&E, History & Lifetime)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody else watch the two night special that started Sunday and finished last night?

What did ya think?
I had to tape it!

Couldn't miss Finding Bigfoot!!

Confusednicker:
Good show. Had A LOT of facts wrong though.
I don't like it as much when it isn't factual! Just another rendition to be entertaining.
I liked it.
From what I've read about the actual historical events surrounding Bonnie and Clyde is that Bonnie was mostly a bystander. One of the guys in their gang said she never once fired a weapon in any of their activities, although a police officer reported he saw her fire a rapid fire gun as they were making a gettaway from a police ambush at one of their hideouts. Most researchers of the Bonnie and Clyde story beieve the officer was just being dramatic, or mistaken, in his account. Surviving members of the gang certainly disagree.
And she also didn't smoke cigars. That profile came from a posed picture that was taken of her and Clyde in front of a car as they were holding guns and she had a cigar in her mouth. It was done for show.
Of course if the actual true story was told in most historical events it would probably make for a boring movie. So all directors embellish their movies. It's called "dramatic licence". Just look at what Oliver Stone did to the JFK assassination story with his movie. No director in the history of cinema has ever taken as many liberties with the truth as he did in that movie.
^
Are you gonna get me started again with Oliver Stone & JFK???

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I had to tape it!

Couldn't miss Finding Bigfoot!!

Confusednicker:

Let me know if they found bigfoot. :eyeroll:
They NEVER do!!!! That's not why I watch it; it's the best comedy on TV!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:Good show. Had A LOT of facts wrong though.

I had read a review that stated just that fact. I watched until the first commercial break and I was done. I love the History movies, but this one sacrificed historical facts to be nothing more than a television version of Johnny Depp's "Public Enemies". After watching the JFK movie a few weeks ago, I was thoroughly disappointed in the beginning of this and turned it off with no desire to watch later.
^
Agreed.

It was nothing more than Public Enemies was with John Dillinger.

While the entertainment factor was there, this was simply way off from actual events.
Afraid I was disappointed in it, too.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
Are you gonna get me started again with Oliver Stone & JFK???

Confusednicker:

We don't want to go there again, lol. Once is enough.