Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2014 Mayfield Cardinals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that football is over, it is time to start talking about baseball here at MHS. I am pretty excited. We won more regular season games this past year than we have in quiet some time. We have all of that talent back this year and the possibility of more. We will have a new coaching staff with different ideas and it will be interesting to see how this meshes out. Make no mistake, the talent is there. I think we should have a good shot at the district and should do well in the all A.
MHS will have these guys returning of the top of my head.
Stuart Mills ss/p
Davis Mills c
Tyler Hall 1b
Cole Puckett 2b
Lane Kennemore ss/3b/p
Austin Couch p
Luke Wynstra cf
Nick Workman utility
Landon Arnett of
Tristan McClure p

Interesting possibilities that may return
Noel Roman of
Anthony Vasquez p/3b
Keelan Murphy of
Colby Tucker utility
This is my first posts on a baseball thread an my last,So hear goes,GO MAYFIELD,from 64SUR in London Kentucky Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusederiously:
64, you can come on here and make bad predictions as well.
I have never followed Mayfield baseball but after your post I did some research of past seasons! Your school obviously has great athletes but it doesn't translate to the baseball field based on past records. In all honesty why do you think that is? That really amazes me! As always just the opinion of an outsider looking in!
Baseball has been overlooked. I remember back when my oldest played at mhs. We had an allstar lineup for around here. This was back when our rec program was killing people and these same kids had traveled around for years winning tournament after tournament. Then in high school they had 4 different coaches and each year lost in the first round of districts. Last years lineup, which is this years, had 10 kids that played travel ball most of their lives. We also have another 2 or 3 that played allstar ball. We seemed to be turning the corner and then our coach decided he didn't want to coach baseball anymore. I think we will have a very good coaching staff this year though and of course we will be a year more experienced.
We have picked up a kid that will be a big help recently. He was a great pitcher and pretty good 3b in his time. He did not play last year and has now decided to return. I think that puts us at about 7 pitchers deep. The first 4-5 are very tough.