Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 72 Whitley Co 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Whitley could not deal with SW bigs.
Fun game to watch. Back and forth in the 4th quarter. Way to go Lady Warriors!
olewillie Wrote:Final. Whitley could not deal with SW bigs.
It didn't hurt SW that Craig spent most of the first half on the bench with 2 fouls. Went out in the 1st qtr. and didn't return until the 3rd. If Whitley would have hit a layup with about 30 seconds to go....then the outcome would of probably been different.....It's early in the year, so I wouldn't get too excited about wins or losses so soon. Your hyping this up like it was a blowout....it was a last few seconds free throw shooting victory.... I think a guard hit the free throws....not a Big. I would venture to say SW isn't the number one team in the mountains when the new rankings come out.:popcorn:
I am not hyping it. If I were to hype something it would be a real team not one of these two loser teams. Who won the tourney? Bell County. I think this was for third and fourth place right? Not even second best.
olewillie Wrote:I am not hyping it. If I were to hype something it would be a real team not one of these two loser teams. Who won the tourney? Bell County. I think this was for third and fourth place right? Not even second best.
You really believe Corbin would have been in the championship game if this tourney was away from Corbin?:biglmao: A lot of the calls and no calls that were made there were crazy....But, I will cut the refs some slack too...because it's early. We will just have to see who's on top at the end of the season. Looking forward to the Berea Tourney to see how some of these teams do there.:eyeroll::dudecomeon:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:It didn't hurt SW that Craig spent most of the first half on the bench with 2 fouls. Went out in the 1st qtr. and didn't return until the 3rd. If Whitley would have hit a layup with about 30 seconds to go....then the outcome would of probably been different.....It's early in the year, so I wouldn't get too excited about wins or losses so soon. Your hyping this up like it was a blowout....it was a last few seconds free throw shooting victory.... I think a guard hit the free throws....not a Big. I would venture to say SW isn't the number one team in the mountains when the new rankings come out.:popcorn:

Bell is number 1 team in mountains.....not SW, Whitley, Corbin, Harlan, Harlan County etc.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:You really believe Corbin would have been in the championship game if this tourney was away from Corbin?:biglmao: A lot of the calls and no calls that were made there were crazy....But, I will cut the refs some slack too...because it's early. We will just have to see who's on top at the end of the season. Looking forward to the Berea Tourney to see how some of these teams do there.:eyeroll::dudecomeon:

Looks like someone still can't get over Corbin beating Whitley last year. If I'm not mistaken Whitley beat Corbin pretty good at Corbin last year but lost to Corbin on Williamsburg's court. Your conspiracy theories of Corbin manipulating referees are childish. :Sad04:Bell also beat Corbin by 30 at Corbin last year. Do you seriously think that people care that much about Corbin girls basketball to have refs cheat. Grow up Whizzard and give these girls some credit. They don't have the talent of Whitley or Bell but the have coaching and heart. I personally root for Whitley when they aren't playing Corbin. They have some great young ladies and players and will be a force at the end of the year. Your Corbin envy is childish. Go Lady Redhounds and go Lady Colonels (in that order) Confusednicker:
The last thing I'm going to say about ol'Corbin......Money has always talked and it always will around here. By the way, I have been a lifelong resident of this area and know what I'm talking about. You are right about a couple things though....Bell is number 1 in the mountains for now.....and Whitley will be a force come the end of the season barring injuries. With life though....we never know when or who the injury bug will strike! It could even happen to Bell, Corbin, Harlan Co., or several other good teams.:igiveup:Confusedtrom:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:The last thing I'm going to say about ol'Corbin......Money has always talked and it always will around here. By the way, I have been a lifelong resident of this area and know what I'm talking about. You are right about a couple things though....Bell is number 1 in the mountains for now.....and Whitley will be a force come the end of the season barring injuries. With life though....we never know when or who the injury bug will strike! It could even happen to Bell, Corbin, Harlan Co., or several other good teams.:igiveup:Confusedtrom:
I attended this game and Whitley should have won. Whitley led about 90% of the game and blew it again just like they did against Bell Co. Right now Bell Co. is the number 1 team until someone unseats them. I also attended the championship game and let me say Bell Co. easily had Corbin beat, were up 20 late in the game. Corbin kept battling and hit some shots, then the whistles started blowing when Corbin came back. One official in particular caught my attention as he made the majority of the calls against Bell Co. late in the game and he had his child (who attends Corbin) there with him. People outside of Corbin are not oblivious to what always goes on. Corbin battled hard to get back in the game and should've lost by about 10. Bell, Whitley, and Corbin will all be at the top by the end of the year. Congrats to all the teams on a great tourney.
olewillie Wrote:Bell is number 1 team in mountains.....not SW, Whitley, Corbin, Harlan, Harlan County etc.

Interesting. You sounds a lot like ole lillianhidgepork instead of olewillie
Dont know them, but they must be smart......
Basketball Knowledge Wrote:I attended this game and Whitley should have won. Whitley led about 90% of the game and blew it again just like they did against Bell Co. Right now Bell Co. is the number 1 team until someone unseats them. I also attended the championship game and let me say Bell Co. easily had Corbin beat, were up 20 late in the game. Corbin kept battling and hit some shots, then the whistles started blowing when Corbin came back. One official in particular caught my attention as he made the majority of the calls against Bell Co. late in the game and he had his child (who attends Corbin) there with him. People outside of Corbin are not oblivious to what always goes on. Corbin battled hard to get back in the game and should've lost by about 10. Bell, Whitley, and Corbin will all be at the top by the end of the year. Congrats to all the teams on a great tourney.

Who is the official that called the game and his child attends Corbin?
You make a statement, back it up!
Most 13th region refs are crooks, just look at the email scandal a few years back with the assigning official and Clay County. The ref in question is know state wide for his antics.....
olewillie Wrote:Most 13th region refs are crooks, just look at the email scandal a few years back with the assigning official and Clay County. The ref in question is know state wide for his antics.....
We need to keep these guys under the microscope this season.....before they decide District and Regional titles again this year like last.:dontthink