Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell co starts 0-2??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's up with one of the best teams in the region starting with 2 losses?
There not one of the best teams in the region....

overrated.
Have to agree with RIUTG. Bell is not a top five team in the 13th Region. We had them ranked pretty high, but they will definitely drop in this week's rankings.

http://insidetricountysports.com/2013/11...ower-poll/
I disagree, Bell Co. should be a top 3 or 4 team in the region. They have two really good players in Potter and Patterson. That is not to mention 5 or 6 solid players around them.
Mountain Wrote:I disagree, Bell Co. should be a top 3 or 4 team in the region. They have two really good players in Potter and Patterson. That is not to mention 5 or 6 solid players around them.

I think Bell is somewhere in the 5-10 range right now. We release our updated rankings tomorrow, so we'll see where they fall.

Do you know how Potter has done so far this year?
I am not saying Bell should be in the top 5, based off the first two games. I was just saying they should be a top 3 or 4 team in the region based off players returning. I recently looked at your website for the first time today. Your website looks like it will be very good info for 13th region fans.
Got to watch Bell play the other night. They have some good shooters but seem to have no inside players at all. Nice little team w/ a couple good scorers. They have a great Coach and should b fine n the 13th by seasons end.
Mountain Wrote:I am not saying Bell should be in the top 5, based off the first two games. I was just saying they should be a top 3 or 4 team in the region based off players returning. I recently looked at your website for the first time today. Your website looks like it will be very good info for 13th region fans.

ballstar Wrote:Got to watch Bell play the other night. They have some good shooters but seem to have no inside players at all. Nice little team w/ a couple good scorers. They have a great Coach and should b fine n the 13th by seasons end.

Bell County is one of the smallest, if not the smallest, teams in the 13th Region. I don't know how successful the Bobcats can be this year. I know Potter is a good player, but Harlan County and Middlesboro is better, in my opinion.

Here is where we ranked them in our team rankings after week one.
TriCountySports Wrote:Bell County is one of the smallest, if not the smallest, teams in the 13th Region. I don't know how successful the Bobcats can be this year. I know Potter is a good player, but Harlan County and Middlesboro is better, in my opinion.

Here is where we ranked them in our team rankings after week one.

How do they match up with Harlan on Tuesday then, with Harlan going 6'7 and 6'5 on the front line? Predictions?
I've said it before. The Miller kid can play. I think he is a little overrated, but he can play. The other kid (6'7... don't know his name) is very limited, to say the least. So Bell matches up just fine. I predict Bell county wins this game by 15-20.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:I've said it before. The Miller kid can play. I think he is a little overrated, but he can play. The other kid (6'7... don't know his name) is very limited, to say the least. So Bell matches up just fine. I predict Bell county wins this game by 15-20.

That is what I have heard, the tall kid is very uncoordinated and doesn't move very well. The NL game must have been a fluke.
BBN30 Wrote:How do they match up with Harlan on Tuesday then, with Harlan going 6'7 and 6'5 on the front line? Predictions?

Tyler Miller stands around 6'5." He is a good player, but I think his game is more suited for the paint, and Parks has him playing all over the court. I'm not 100% certain on that, but that's what I think.

I don't think Harlan can stop Potter. I think Bell is better than their record, but they have to start playing like it. They can't use football as their excuse for a slow start anymore.

Here are our player rankings from preseason and week one.

Potter is ranked in the top ten in both rankings. Miller dropped after week one.
BBN30 Wrote:That is what I have heard, the tall kid is very uncoordinated and doesn't move very well. The NL game must have been a fluke.

I don't think the North Laurel game was a fluke. I just think NL will struggle this season. We've had Harlan ranked ahead of them them all year.

But, I don't think Harlan is better than Bell. While we have Harlan ranked ahead of them right now, I don't think it will stay that way.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:I've said it before. The Miller kid can play. I think he is a little overrated, but he can play. The other kid (6'7... don't know his name) is very limited, to say the least. So Bell matches up just fine. I predict Bell county wins this game by 15-20.

I am sick of getting on BGR to see you bashing HHS week in and week out. Despite what you, BBN30, or anyone else thinks, Harlan has a VERY good squad this year. I, being from Harlan want to see both schools succeed this year... While you on the other hand are, for whatever reason, are very pro HC and VERYYYY against HHS....:flame:
No one is bashing HHS. I'm simply stating my opionion on an upcoming game, which is WHAT WE DO on here. I've never been "Pro HC" either. If my posts offend you so much, don't read them.
Harlan has the best size in the region. Harlan also has some talented athletes at guard and forward positions. On paper they are as good as anyone in the region. They also have a nice mixture of youth and experience. That is why I believe this is a no excuse year for the Dragons.
This team won 8 games last year. They lost their top three scorers. They have one freshman playing significant minutes. They added the Miller kid. I ask the question. Where did they get so much better??
TheProfessor33 Wrote:This team won 8 games last year. They lost their top three scorers. They have one freshman playing significant minutes. They added the Miller kid. I ask the question. Where did they get so much better??

they are MUCH better this year. They lost their 3 leading scorers who were very selfish players, leaving them in a much better spot... Just because they have ONE freshman who plays significant minutes doesn't mean they're hurting. They play 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 3 freshmen. two freshman only played about a minute combined. Miller may be the best player on the team, but the dragons have great support in Simpson and Piper who both play inside and out, also Parks is a great shooter with Busroe running the show.. Furthermore, the new kid from Louisville is a diamond in the rough... The Davis boy is NOTHING to sleep on, hes probably the best athlete in the 13th
FIRST Wrote:Harlan has the best size in the region. Harlan also has some talented athletes at guard and forward positions. On paper they are as good as anyone in the region. They also have a nice mixture of youth and experience. That is why I believe this is a no excuse year for the Dragons.

You're very correct. They have one kid thats 6'7, two that are 6'5, five kids the are 6'3, and the rest are anywhere from 5'10 to 6 feet tall. Without a doubt the biggest squad around. They have ZERO excuses this year. I am hoping we see the Dragons in Frankfort AND Lexington this year...
Oh yeah, NL starts 3 freshman and a sophomore and HHS escapes with a two point win...at home. You are talking like they are in contention for a regional championship or something. Harlan is the 4th best team in their district. They will be one and done in the district tourney..as usual.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Oh yeah, NL starts 3 freshman and a sophomore and HHS escapes with a two point win...at home. You are talking like they are in contention for a regional championship or something. Harlan is the 4th best team in their district. They will be one and done in the district tourney..as usual.

Yeah in a game where they missed 14 freethrows in the first half and 17 for the game.. Also, they were up 6 with under a minute and gave up baskets to chew clock.. And i dont see how they will be 4th best in a district where HC barely escapes an LCC team that was missing their best player to OBI and the other 4 not playing, Bell Co. starts off 0-2, and Middlesboro gets beat by 19 to a sub-par Bville team...
HHS in Frankfort and Lexington?? Ok, now you're starting to sound ridiculous. Again, the 6'7 kid CAN'T PLAY!!!! The point has potential, but he is young. The Miller kid is a good player, but not good enough to put this team on his back and carry them to Frankfort and Lexington. The supporting cast is average at best. C'mon Harlan Native, be realistic. You should be setting your goals at maybe winning a distrcit tourney game. Believe me, you would be flying if you were to beat Harlan county, Middlesboro, or Bell Co. You sound silly talking about Harlan winning this region with the likes of Clay, Bell, Knox Central (who had you down 40 at halftime a few weeks ago), and Jackson Co. in the mix. You must be the biggest Harlan fan around. I have to hand it to you, i admire your team spirit.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:HHS in Frankfort and Lexington?? Ok, now you're starting to sound ridiculous. Again, the 6'7 kid CAN'T PLAY!!!! The point has potential, but he is young. The Miller kid is a good player, but not good enough to put this team on his back and carry them to Frankfort and Lexington. The supporting cast is average at best. C'mon Harlan Native, be realistic. You should be setting your goals at maybe winning a distrcit tourney game. Believe me, you would be flying if you were to beat Harlan county, Middlesboro, or Bell Co. You sound silly talking about Harlan winning this region with the likes of Clay, Bell, Knox Central (who had you down 40 at halftime a few weeks ago), and Jackson Co. in the mix. You must be the biggest Harlan fan around. I have to hand it to you, i admire your team spirit.

Okay, we'll see tomorrow....
And I'll be sure to let you know about it, when Bell Co. trounces them by about 20.
I'm going to say Bell by eight - 72-64.
BBN30 Wrote:That is what I have heard, the tall kid is very uncoordinated and doesn't move very well. The NL game must have been a fluke.
I saw this game and it definitely was no fluke! Harlan didnt play as well as they are capable of playing but they competed with confidence and that is a good sign for them IMO. I have said before that Miller is the most talented player with size in the Region, but he has got to become more consistent and more mentally tough. The 6'7" Simpson has a lot of ability but lacks confidence, as he gains confidence as I believe he will he will make this team a better team. The freshman pg Busroe is very athletic and will be a dandy before he graduates. The other guard Hogue is the 3rd of 3 boys that have all been excellent players for Cumberland and HC. The coaches son Parks will make a very high % of 3's when he gets his feet set and gets off a clean shot. Harlan also has a 6'4" athletic kid coming off the bench, not sure what his name is, but he will make an impact on the season before its over. This Harlan team will take some lumps, but they will win a lot of games too, as for Bell I don't think it would be wise to take them lightly! This will prob be a very entertaining game to watch and it would not surprise me to see Harlan win, especially if its at Harlan...
Other than Bell Co. Harlan probably has more varsity experience than any other team in that district because Middlesboro and Harlan Co. lost so much. With that size and favorable schedule I believe anything less than 20 wins would be a disappointment.
It doesn't matter how much varsity experience you have. Players are what matters..and coaches to some degree. In the district, Harlan is the 4th best team. Bell, Harlan Co. and Middlesboro all have better rosters. Harlan Co. has guys playing JV that would probably start for Harlan Ind. Bell Co. also has guys playing freshman and JV that would start or play major minutes at Harlan Ind. There are several guys either starting or playing major minutes for Harlan Ind. that were either cut from the varsity at Harlan Co. or not getting any playing time at all. It's a mismatch..period!
TheProfessor33 Wrote:And I'll be sure to let you know about it, when Bell Co. trounces them by about 20.

Thought Bell would "trounce" Harlan by 20?
Does anyone have stats from Tyler Miller (Harlan) or Tyler Potter (Bell Co)?
Pages: 1 2 3