Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baylor 67 - Kentucky 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
#20 Baylor upsets #3 UK..

RunItUpTheGut.... You where saying??????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have got to be kidding me!

That was my point!

Everyone is badly overrated this year. North Carolina and Lville do SUCK.
It just so happens that almost everyone else does to.

The great thing about UK is there plenty of room to get better unlike other teams.

And what do you mean "us"? Baylor boy.
Lets see what happens Friday

Enlighten me. What did happen RunIt?
Free throws. You make them, you win close ball games. On another note, Baylor simply wanted that W more and it really showed.
"What got you here will NOT get you there." - Paypal Cal

Evidently, the One and Done's are not heeding that advice.
I put this one on Coach Cal. IMO Cal is holding Randle back forcing him to be just a post player. Randle needs the ball at the high post to attack the middle of the zone. WCS has improve a lot and is a good defender but Johnson needs more playing time. Johnson is a better scorer from the post but Cal seems to yank him for the smallest mistake. I think lack of effort is a problem with this team too!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:"What got you here will NOT get you there." - Paypal Cal

Evidently, the One and Done's are not heeding that advice.

What does 1959 mean to WVU basketball? 1959 is the last year WVU played in the Final Four in men's Basketball ! 54 years, 54 years, 54years, 54 years :lmao: Why don't you admit it deep down you are a UK fan! You follow every game write on about every thread.
Ballers Wrote:Enlighten me. What did happen RunIt?

I said lets see what happens Friday. Nowhere in my statement did I say watch UK kill Baylor.

BTW, I love you losers getting on here, ESPN, and other places every year to tell us how bad UK sucks. Only ONE team wins a title. The rest of the 300+ teams are chumps every single year. How many titles does Baylor have?How many wins does Baylor have?

I rest my case.

Lets see who goes farther come March.
honestjchsfan Wrote:What does 1959 mean to WVU basketball? 1959 is the last year WVU played in the Final Four in men's Basketball ! 54 years, 54 years, 54years, 54 years :lmao: Why don't you admit it deep down you are a UK fan! You follow every game write on about every thread.
WVU beat UK in elite 8 to reach the Final Four in 2010.
^
That is right!!
Congrats to Baylor on the win. They played with more intensity and did what was necessary to win. The young Cats to need learn from Baylors example tonight!
FREE THROWS,AGAIN MISSING MORE THAN 10,and if they don't get better there they will NOT win it all,and they better get used to the zone and someone besides Young and every now and then Harrison hit some 3s...
Take a cue from the women's team. Hit free throws and fight.
40-0
Jarons Wrote:WVU beat UK in elite 8 to reach the Final Four in 2010.

Oh yea they did go the Final Four that year, I forgot all about that!:ChairHit: I guess the 2 final fours and National Title UK has won since then made me forget all about that:biggrin: So now I need to edit my statement, it seems WVU once every 54 years makes it to the Final Four seems they got 51 year left.
honestjchsfan Wrote:What does 1959 mean to WVU basketball? 1959 is the last year WVU played in the Final Four in men's Basketball ! 54 years, 54 years, 54years, 54 years :lmao: Why don't you admit it deep down you are a UK fan! You follow every game write on about every thread.
WV beat UK in 2010 to go to the final four. And if butler doesn't get hurt in the final four they probably win that title instead of duke.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I said lets see what happens Friday. Nowhere in my statement did I say watch UK kill Baylor.

BTW, I love you losers getting on here, ESPN, and other places every year to tell us how bad UK sucks. Only ONE team wins a title. The rest of the 300+ teams are chumps every single year. How many titles does Baylor have?How many wins does Baylor have?

I rest my case.

Lets see who goes farther come March.

Oh, here we go again "My team is better than yours because I won more titles" is the most LAME argument EVER!!!! He gives a DAMN about "back in the day" it is and always will be "WHO IS BEST RIGHT NOW"... HISTORY IS FOR DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
:gtfo:

Now, as for this game, hats off to Baylor. I would put Chery on my team immediately! That kid was so impressive! I'm no more impressed with Patterson and Austin today than I was before the game. Ville already said it - Free Throws

Until a CAL team hits Free Throws (UMASS, Memphis, UK) then these SUPER TEAMS that he has put together will always struggle in BIG games. No doubt, the UK teams over the last five years are more talented than any team they face - but when they lose or play tight games, what do we ALL BITCH ABOUT??? FREE THROWS!!! This has nothing to do with "They are Freshmen", this has ALL to-do with being worse than the opposition at the charity stripe! Cat's hit Free Throws in MSU and Baylor, they are still undefeated! But instead, they shoot a deplorable 55% against MSU and 52% last night! A team of Michael Jordan's won't win when shoot that ridiculously from a FREE AND UNGUARDED SPOT ON THE FLOOR!!!! This team no longer needs to work on plays, defense, or GRADES - put them in the gym to shoot 5 hours of free throws per day!

If Cats hit 75% FT against UNC and Ville, they WILL WIN! If they don't, then it will be a dogfight! That is the resume of the last five years in these types of games!
Stardust Wrote:Oh, here we go again "My team is better than yours because I won more titles" is the most LAME argument EVER!!!! He gives a DAMN about "back in the day" it is and always will be "WHO IS BEST RIGHT NOW"... HISTORY IS FOR DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Now, as for this game, hats off to Baylor. I would put Chery on my team immediately! That kid was so impressive! I'm no more impressed with Patterson and Austin today than I was before the game. Ville already said it - Free Throws

Until a CAL team hits Free Throws (UMASS, Memphis, UK) then these SUPER TEAMS that he has put together will always struggle in BIG games. No doubt, the UK teams over the last five years are more talented than any team they face - but when they lose or play tight games, what do we ALL BITCH ABOUT??? FREE THROWS!!! This has nothing to do with "They are Freshmen", this has ALL to-do with being worse than the opposition at the charity stripe! Cat's hit Free Throws in MSU and Baylor, they are still undefeated! But instead, they shoot a deplorable 55% against MSU and 52% last night! A team of Michael Jordan's won't win when shoot that ridiculously from a FREE AND UNGUARDED SPOT ON THE FLOOR!!!! This team no longer needs to work on plays, defense, or GRADES - put them in the gym to shoot 5 hours of free throws per day!

If Cats hit 75% FT against UNC and Ville, they WILL WIN! If they don't, then it will be a dogfight! That is the resume of the last five years in these types of games!

I have to agree with you! Young was supposed to be the best shooter in this incoming class but his terrible Free Throw shooting makes me doubt his over all shooting. Great shooters usually shoot high % from the foul line. This UK team seemed to be shooting it better but they choked when the game was on the line.
This team keeps showing improvement but has a long way to go. Last 9 mins cats standing around and Baylor just out hustled them. Have to hit more foul shots. And not much coaching by cal in last 10 minuets of the game.
Baylor sucks.

The fact is every team except one will suck this year.
The reason history counts is because it does. You have more titles than anyone, you are the best program. UCLA is number one all time. UK is a close second.

Baylor is 349th.
Everybody knows Cal not got a clue about zone offense. The last 10 min he kept trying to run something for Randall and Willie Caulie. And if we make our free throws we still win,
Since everyone else are being pansies and playing zone, I think UK should to.
Poythress and johnson need to be involved more.
This team lacks basic fundamentals and heart. They give up on themselves way to easily if something doesn't go their way.

It's early, but this team isn't a final four team by any means.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Poythress and johnson need to be involved more.

Why we are getting nothing out of them. I can not figure out how Johnson ever gets on the floor before Lee.
^
Its like i said early on in the year, Johnson has a very long way to go. He's not even remotely good at this point.

Weak big men are our problem right now.
Its ok UK fans, Syracuse beat them ol mean Baylor Bears..

Wink
Stardust Wrote:Oh, here we go again "My team is better than yours because I won more titles" is the most LAME argument EVER!!!! He gives a DAMN about "back in the day" it is and always will be "WHO IS BEST RIGHT NOW"... HISTORY IS FOR DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I agree with everything you said which is a shocker haha. I never did understand that while argument of who has more championships. If thats the case why do we even play games?
As someone said, it's "WEAK BIG MEN" that is the UK problem! It had NOTHING to do with being 12/23 from the Charity Stripe in this game, or 20/36 from the Charity stripe in our other loss. In those two losses, our "Weak Big Men" outscored their counterparts by a total of 56 points to 53 points, and out-rebounded their counterparts 31 to 20. Yeah, that must be the MAIN problem with the team.....:Shaking:
^
I dont care anymore.
Highlands lost so im good for the rest of the year.
History distorts things a little. UK won four of those national championships when the NIT was the premier tournament. Also, UK plays in the SEC. And in the "old" days the SEC was truly a joke when it came to college basketball. You really did have teams where the football players played to stay in shape. Pretty much facts. UK does have the best overall record in basketball wins. Big deal. I consider North Carolina and Kansas records more respectable because they did it in basketball first conferences. As for Cal..he has to live and die by his approach to college basketball. Which is a joke within itself. UK fans really have drunk the Kool-Aid. The guy has had five straight number one recruiting classes in a row. One national championship to show for it. UCLA and what Wooden accomplished will never be repeated again. As for the zone being a "pansy" defense??? How ignorant is that? Syracuse and Jim Boheim have made a living playing zone. Pitino has been successful with deploying it. The NBA even uses it occasionally. It's very much a part of the game. One thing I found amusing about UK and Baylor? Two the college games biggest cheats coaching against each other.
Pages: 1 2