Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BELL COUNTY vs Corbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't wait to watch this game. :haters:
Let's GO CATS!!!!
I'm just about afraid to predict this one after what happened last night! Oh well.....what the HECK! BELL IN A CLOSE ONE!!!!:Thumbs::betterthanexpected:
This will be interesting. Corbin can win if they defend Morris like last year and keep fresh legs in the game. Bell seems to get one dimensional and that will play to Corbin's favor if they do. I think Bell learns from last year an runs a more balanced offense. If so, they just have more weapons and will win this one. If Corbin does win, Wizard will say the refs cheated ��
oldhound70s Wrote:This will be interesting. Corbin can win if they defend Morris like last year and keep fresh legs in the game. Bell seems to get one dimensional and that will play to Corbin's favor if they do. I think Bell learns from last year an runs a more balanced offense. If so, they just have more weapons and will win this one. If Corbin does win, Wizard will say the refs cheated ��

I picked Bell because I think they are the better team....if Corbin wins...my hats off to them! If I feel Corbin gets some home cooking at home....it's only because of what's happened in the not to distant past (last season). I never said anyone cheated....I just planted a seed to try and get others thoughts on the subject.....I'm hurt "oldhound70"......where's the LOVE????:happytear: :biglmao:
Does anyone have the final for this game?
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I picked Bell because I think they are the better team....if Corbin wins...my hats off to them! If I feel Corbin gets some home cooking at home....it's only because of what's happened in the not to distant past (last season). I never said anyone cheated....I just planted a seed to try and get others thoughts on the subject.....I'm hurt "oldhound70"......where's the LOVE????:happytear: :biglmao:

If I'm not mistaking, Bell beat us by 30 or so at Corbin last year. You're confusing me. I guess we would have lost by 50 without our home cookingConfusednicker:
I will agree that Bell has better players but not so sure about a better team. There's a big difference between better talent vs better teams. Bell has very good players and one great one but they need to become a great team instead of relying on Morris... in my opinion. Corbin doesn't have great players but they play great as a team. I honestly think Corbin will lose to Bell. However, if Bell should fall don't whine about the refs. Lets face it....the refs suck everywhere in the 13th region. We all face the same crap. I wish both teams a great season.
Any scores from last night at the games
Last nights CFIT scores according to web...... WHITLEY-78 SOUTH LAUREL-42.
SOUTHWESTERN-75 HARLAN 65
Rematch of last year's regional championship. I predict Bell Co. will win this game, but it should be a good one.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Last nights CFIT scores according to web...... WHITLEY-78 SOUTH LAUREL-42.
SOUTHWESTERN-75 HARLAN 65

That would make tonight's schedule.
1st game South Laurel vs Harlan
2nd game Whitley.vs Southwestern
3rd game Bell vs Corbin
This should make for a good night of basketball.
Whitley may very well struggle tonight, SW has some big girls.
:Cheerlead Good Luck LADY CATS!! :Cheerlead
Whitley did struggle against the size of the Warriors, but the Warriors struggled against the guards of Whitley. If Whitley Co. makes some layups in this game, they win by 10+. Congrats to Southwestern on a big win tonight!
Anybody got a score on this game? Didn't go tonight and its not on radio.
oldhound70s Wrote:Anybody got a score on this game? Didn't go tonight and its not on radio.

Bell won, but I'm not sure on the score. I'm trying to find that out, too.
Bell 83 Corbin 82
Bell 83, Corbin 82.

Maci Morris had 39 points and 10 rebounds in the finals. She took MVP of the tournament.
Bel was up 16 starting the four quarter, one of the Wilson twin missed a contested layup in the closing seconds that would have won it.Corbin got the rebound and put it in after the clock sounded. Great game 13th region should be a lot of fun this year. This was a great tournament good basketball every night. There was probably 4 teams that could have won it. And no one will want to play Harlan Ind. come tournament time they are extremely well coached.
TriCountySports Wrote:Bell 83, Corbin 82.

Maci Morris had 39 points and 10 rebounds in the finals. She took MVP of the tournament.

We'll deserved. Great tournament by that young lady.
Great tourney. Congrats to Bell County
Whitley gave away the game to SW.

SW is not the powerhouse some have made them out to be. They'll be lucky to get out of that region. Whitley lost by 2.

As for the 13th, you have to put Corbin right there with Bell and Whitley. This is gonna be a 3 way battle all year.

Jones better get some consistency in this team or Whitley will be sent home early.
insideinfo Wrote:We'll deserved. Great tournament by that young lady.

She is definitely the best player in the 13th Region. I think Harlan freshman Jordan Brock is on her way to being the next star, though. I think Brock averaged 27 points in the tournament.
TriCountySports Wrote:She is definitely the best player in the 13th Region. I think Harlan freshman Jordan Brock is on her way to being the next star, though. I think Brock averaged 27 points in the tournament.

Not according to fine people at the Times Tribune. But really she best player in the Region by a wide margin. The girl from Harlan has a chance to be really special. The eight grader from Middlesboro has a chance to be real special to if she can overcome the coaching.
Basketball Knowledge Wrote:Whitley did struggle against the size of the Warriors, but the Warriors struggled against the guards of Whitley. If Whitley Co. makes some layups in this game, they win by 10+. Congrats to Southwestern on a big win tonight!

Southwestern did a commendable job on defense inside guarding Craig. She never got really going. Both teams back courts scored a lot of points without defending each other the way you want it to be down the road. Officiating is extremely hard to figure out for the guards defending each other. A lot of touch fouls seem to be making them lay off a bit and hope for help. Defense will have to get better to contend for a region. Southwestern is the better team though to come over to Whitley and play tough at the end to get the 72-70 win.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley gave away the game to SW.

SW is not the powerhouse some have made them out to be. They'll be lucky to get out of that region. Whitley lost by 2.

As for the 13th, you have to put Corbin right there with Bell and Whitley. This is gonna be a 3 way battle all year.

Jones better get some consistency in this team or Whitley will be sent home early.

Alot of people want to hate on Southwestern. And they do have a ways to go to ever be called a power house but they did cross I75 and get nothing gave to them in the last three days. I made it to 2 of the games and can tell you they are improving more every game in a completely new defensive and offensive system. They are extremely well coached. With a good win over Harlan and a tough win over Whitley and then blasting bac from a 23 point deficit against Corbin on their floor with their starting center out and really just plain bad touch fouls called on them once they had the game tied in the 4th quarter, this team will be fine. Would have loved to see them play Bell. Bell looked like the best team in the tourney and deserved to win. Congrats Bell
:bball: CONGRATS TO THE BELL COUNTY LADY CATS ON THIER WIN TONIGHT OVER corbin. :bball:

:haters::wenumber1
fanantic Wrote:Alot of people want to hate on Southwestern. And they do have a ways to go to ever be called a power house but they did cross I75 and get nothing gave to them in the last three days. I made it to 2 of the games and can tell you they are improving more every game in a completely new defensive and offensive system. They are extremely well coached. With a good win over Harlan and a tough win over Whitley and then blasting bac from a 23 point deficit against Corbin on their floor with their starting center out and really just plain bad touch fouls called on them once they had the game tied in the 4th quarter, this team will be fine. Would have loved to see them play Bell. Bell looked like the best team in the tourney and deserved to win. Congrats Bell

Southwestern's reputation as a team is not bad, its all the baggage the parents bring that kills this team. And dont give me the old I75 thing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As for the 13th, you have to put Corbin right there with Bell and Whitley. This is gonna be a 3 way battle all year.

Somebody said that about Corbin last week.
I think Harlan County is very capable of joining that group. They look to be improved offensively.
Clay is also still very dangerous. I was also impressed with Harlan.
olewillie Wrote:Southwestern's reputation as a team is not bad, its all the baggage the parents bring that kills this team. And dont give me the old I75 thing.

LOL. A good coach won't let parents be a problem. 2 years ago that was all that said about the Southwestern boys team and then Steve Wright was hired. Same group that supposedly had a bad reputation of parents had zero problems and actually won their first regional title while also making it to the final four of the Sweet 16. Still early, but it seems for now that everyone in Warrior nation is united. Coach Butcher and his assistants look to be very good. Excited to see how much success they might have.
By the way, the old I75 thing is always a issue no matter what sport or level you play. You just accept it in these early games and hope to be 10-12 points better so you can possibly squeak a win out.
fanatic you live in a fantasy world or are one of the parents at SW. This group is nuts. Everyone in the state knows it. Heck we talk about it in the mountains at the country stores. SW parents are the craziest in two states. This team will implode like the rest of the teams there have.

Where are Wrights transfers now? Wright gone run out of London and was lucky he found a home at the dysfunctional as he is SW Warriors.
Pages: 1 2