Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin vs. Southwestern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who won this game?
Corbin won by around 5 points, Corbin was up 20 about half way through 3rd quarter, Southwestern came back and took the lead. Corbin hit there free throws and made a couple defensive plays down the stretch to claim the win.
insideinfo Wrote:Corbin won by around 5 points, Corbin was up 20 about half way through 3rd quarter, Southwestern came back and took the lead. Corbin hit there free throws and made a couple defensive plays down the stretch to claim the win.

This is what happens everytime they pull an upset at home (for years and years).....things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! LOL! I have already picked two that lost......I'm slipping.......... Would like to know how many free throws Southwestern shot for the game vs. Corbin....might tell the tale....:pondering:
Very proud of these young ladies. There's no quit in them.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:[/U][/I][/B]

This is what happens everytime they pull an upset at home (for years and years).....things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! LOL! I have already picked two that lost......I'm slipping.......... Would like to know how many free throws Southwestern shot for the game vs. Corbin....might tell the tale....:pondering:

Don't start that crap. I was there and I assure you it was called pretty good both ways. SW came out flat and got tired. Corbin went to the bench and kept fresh legs in the game. SW started pressing man to man in the fourth, made a huge comeback and then ran out of steam.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:[/U][/I][/B]

Was not an upset the best team won. I'm from Barbourville just went to see Bell and Corbin play Refereeing was terrible both games. Oh by the way starting the 4th quarter Corbin had over 10 fouls and Southwestern only had 3.
Big Upset. SW parents probably on suicide watch after running previous coach off.
Not trying to start any crap....:igiveup:just know what has happened in the past....if you say it's not that....then I will have to take your word for it, unless someone from Southwestern has a totally different view of the game. If everything is on the up and up then it should be a really good final....Will be interesting to see if Morris gets in foul trouble early in that game and has to spend a lot of time on the bench. I agree Corbin does have a deep bench without any loss of talent from sub to sub. This is definitely a plus for them.:Thumbs:
I like it.
So much for big bad SW coming in and taking care of these 13th region teams.

I guess that number one spot in the mountain top 10 is already GONE.
SW will continue to have problems. To much instability in program is what I am hearing still.
oldhound70s Wrote:Don't start that crap. I was there and I assure you it was called pretty good both ways. SW came out flat and got tired. Corbin went to the bench and kept fresh legs in the game. SW started pressing man to man in the fourth, made a huge comeback and then ran out of steam.

How is Kaitlin Waddle doing after coming back out this year? I won't be surprised if she isn't a big factor, especially defensively, before the year is over.

Corbin does have a lot of depth, can go 10 deep without much drop off.
olewillie Wrote:Big Upset. SW parents probably on suicide watch after running previous coach off.

let the bickering begin at sw. former coach did a great job of holding this team together and building a successful program. like all coaches, he had his faults, but overall done a commendable job in a volatile environment. not saying new coach won't do the job, but he has his hands full. sw would not have been rated as high as they are if it wasn't for previous years success. give credit where credit is due. i still believe sw is the team to beat in the 12th region, but it won't be as easy as some of the sw fans think. plus the 13th region is a lot better than most people think. i am no surprised by this game, corbin has a very good team as does sw. it is still early in the season, both have things to improve on.
olewillie Wrote:Big Upset. SW parents probably on suicide watch after running previous coach off.
NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!:hilarious::biglmao::lmao::thatsfunn Confusedilly:
SEKYFAN Wrote:How is Kaitlin Waddle doing after coming back out this year? I won't be surprised if she isn't a big factor, especially defensively, before the year is over.

Corbin does have a lot of depth, can go 10 deep without much drop off.

Waddle, Wilson, Blackburn, and Jewell are all giving some good minutes off the bench. This will be key this year. SW and Harlan both just wore down and Corbin kept subbing.

Very funny :biglmao: