Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What are the most disappointing teams ever.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some teams that everyone thought would be good or great and didn't live up to the hype.
This past year, Paintsville. And if they don't win the region this year and next year, they will once again be a big disappointment.
I think it was the 92 or 936 SCHS cardinals that were absolutely LOADED. John Slone, Kevin Fields, Brad Tiller i think. Anyway, they were upset in the first round of the regional tournament by i think elkhorn city?? they could have done some things. but hey, thats Sheldon Clark for you, we cant win, haha.
i believe that the 2004 south floyd team was dissapointing, they had everything guard play with mike hall, jut hall, jack slone, they had three point shooting in tyler hall, and heath hall, defense was crazy with adam tackett, brain meade, and charles ray. all the makings of a regional tourney championship team, but lost in the first round to johnson central on thier home floor.
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i believe that the 2004 south floyd team was dissapointing, they had everything guard play with mike hall, jut hall, jack slone, they had three point shooting in tyler hall, and heath hall, defense was crazy with adam tackett, brain meade, and charles ray. all the makings of a regional tourney championship team, but lost in the first round to johnson central on thier home floor.

That would have been the 2002-03 Raiders. They did have some talent, BUT you gotta look at the other teams in the region and the talent they had. There were about 5 teams who could have won it.
i agree totally pc u know
2002-03 was one of those years where noone could predict at the beginning of the season who would win it. You had South Floyd returning alot of players but lost a couple key players, Paintsville who lost 4 starters but returned a good group of seniors, Johnson Central who lost a couple key players but returned a few and added one from Lawrence County, Pike Central who lost a couple and returned most of their talent, and Shelby Valley who was defending champion that lost a few key players but returned a young talented group but was led by two good seniors.
Probably the david school but considering they only have like 30 people in the whole school i can understand why they (were) horrible . i think they will improve tremendously.