Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Live Tv Broadcast of High school Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Next year we are considering a live broadcast of a local football team on a local access channel and an Internet access point.

We have some concerns .... This could hurt the attendance at games which in turn can

hurt a lot of other sports (lower gates less money to go around)

change the atmosphere of the games

make people mad because of less turn out

Do the benefits of having a way to watch from home out way the negatives
What do you Think help me out with this ?
Objective Wrote:Next year we are considering a live broadcast of a local football team on a local access channel and an Internet access point.

We have some concerns .... This could hurt the attendance at games which in turn can

hurt a lot of other sports (lower gates less money to go around)

change the atmosphere of the games

make people mad because of less turn out

Do the benefits of having a way to watch from home out way the negatives
What do you Think help me out with this ?

While it may not help much with the game atmosphere questions. Have you looked into sponsorship of the broadcast (outside the normal advertising the local station will get) to help make up for the lost ticket sales.
Originally Posted by Objective [Image: viewpost.gif]
we have considered streaming next years football games on a local access channel and an internet channel but there are some concerns about how this will effect fan turn out when it gets cold and hurt ticket sales. I wonder if this effects turn out at the State Game ? Any thoughts ?
I don't think it would hurt the fan turn out to an extent the KHSAA would lose mega bucks. If my team is there I am there regardless. I am sure most fan bases feel the same.

I am a football fanatic and would love to be there, but getting off work with my team at home would be difficult. I am excited the games will be streamed live. I will be able to enjoy them even if I cant be there.

I also feel that many people will be watching online, and the KHSAA could pick up some advertisers for the live feed. I think they could make more from the advertisers than what they lose in ticket sales.

The local access station is the one doing the broadcast it's not school sponsored and the school will not have the opportunity to make any money on advertising sales. Should have made myself a little more clear

This is where the concern comes in and our responsibility to the local program and the kids
Objective Wrote:The local access station is the one doing the broadcast it's not school sponsored and the school will not have the opportunity to make any money on advertising sales. Should have made myself a little more clear

This is where the concern comes in and our responsibility to the local program and the kids

Just thinking out loud but wouldn't the school have to permit the station to broadcast the game? Is the station paying for this right? I am sure they could be charged some sort of fee to make up for possible loss of ticket/concession sales.

In my situation I would love for Belfry games to be streamed online weekly. I love the radio play by play but getting to see the game is so much better and driving from GA to KY every week just isn't going to happen. However if I still lived in the area I would be at every game regardless if watching online/tv was an option.
^^ Yes they could charge for the broadcast rights or we could always donate some commercial spot ....and I thank you for your input that's what I'm looking for someone else thought process
Ryle has simulcast every game the past 3 years even the freshman championship this season. Has not hurt attendance and I believe helped the fan base grow.
is it an internet broadcast or TV or both ?
Are the games live or on a delay basis i'm trying to watch the 1A game and its not started on time?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Are the games live or on a delay basis i'm trying to watch the 1A game and its not started on time?

Game starts at 12:00 EST
Jack Lambert Wrote:Are the games live or on a delay basis i'm trying to watch the 1A game and its not started on time?

It doesnt start for another 30 minutes Jack, its on central time
BG is an hour behind us.
wow....are WE quick, or WHAT??

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:BG is an hour behind us.

DUH why didn't i think of that thanks guys.
Jack Lambert Wrote:DUH why didn't i think of that thanks guys.

Steeler fan. Confusednicker: