Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Questions and Comments for The Sports Guys Radio Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BlueGrassRivals Questions and Comments for The Sports Guys Radio Show

Post your questions and comments for The Sports Guys here.
Some or all could be read on the air during the show every Thursday night 7p on 93.1 WDHR, MIX 103.1 and 96.5 WXCC.
Can we still email the sports guys?
Bat Masterson Wrote:Can we still email the sports guys?

Sure can!

[email=thesportsguys@ekbradio.com]thesportsguys@ekbradio.com[/email]
Super Cool.
Sent one in Big Grin
Nice show fellas, as always.
Great show guys
What games are on webcast this weekend? Hopefully Pikeville's game is on the web again this Friday night.
PHSFAN Wrote:What games are on webcast this weekend? Hopefully Pikeville's game is on the web again this Friday night.

Yes, it is. Currently playing at http://www.wpke.com
Yep...I found it. The webcast is awesome for those of us that don't live in the area.
Really good show! Andrew Joyce is a great host, and the other guys are very knowledgeable (not to mention hilarious).
Sports Guys, I gotta support every team that plays the Steelers, Just so Kinser has to eat his words again.
I heard ya, and Id love to make fun of joe. lol
yes...send your questions and comments
Who are the better 2A teams in the Central and Western part of the state? I know E-town is good as is Western, but who else has a shot? By central or west, I mean west of Somerset.
Do you guys really think SV will go undefeated???
Also, I've heard a rumor that SVs coach is not too popular
Old Timer Wrote:Do you guys really think SV will go undefeated???
Also, I've heard a rumor that SVs coach is not too popular
Who is in their district? They will get beaten as soon as they play a descent team IMO.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Who are the better 2A teams in the Central and Western part of the state? I know E-town is good as is Western, but who else has a shot? By central or west, I mean west of Somerset.
E-town has struggled the past couple weeks, so I do not know how good they are.
Also, is it just me or is Notre Dame overrated?.... I'm tired of hearing how Notre Dame is going to walk onto the field and win....They could easily have lost 3 out of 4 games already and yet people are still calling them one of the best teams in the country.... No doubt about it Brady quinn is a good quaterback, but they have an imaginary defense that UK could pout up good numbers against....
Will The Ohio State Buckeyes be number one after the Michigan game towards the end of the season? (if they hang on to till then)
How many states only have a (4) four class system in the U.S. ie class 1A,2A,3A,4A?
Who do you see competing for the titles in '07?
Are you using internet explorier?
LovetheBucs Wrote:I am unable to access the stream at either WXCC or Mix 103.1
try www.ekbradio.com
click on ekb sports
I tried Fox Sports. I have picked up the broadcast online the past two weeks. No such luck this week. I tried WXCC, 103.1 and the actual stream from EKB to no avail.

Oh well. I guess I can take solice that I actually had some influence on the broadcast. How did the show go?
LovetheBucs Wrote:I tried Fox Sports. I have picked up the broadcast online the past two weeks. No such luck this week. I tried WXCC, 103.1 and the actual stream from EKB to no avail.

Oh well. I guess I can take solice that I actually had some influence on the broadcast. How did the show go?
Sorry...I'll get our tech guy on it.
I would just suggest that the mother station make sure they have a solid stream. I know that each indivual station might have problem, but as of now I have to click on Belfry v. "team" or Pikeville v. "team" to hear the broadcast.

I think the show is doing well. FoxSports, have the mother station provide a link to the stream directly and make them get serious about having it online at the correct time. You have fans across the state! Make the most of the oppurtunity!

Also, I caution on being too "politically correct". Local teams should absolutely get their due, but within limits. Make teams earn their airtime.
To clarify my prior comment...

I was unable to listen to last weeks show due to streaming problems, but I was told that one of the commentators predicted Belfry to win by 2 tds over PCC.

If that was a legitimate prediction, fine. I just feel that the guys on the show should make rational predictions based upon the totality of what is available to them.

I realize there is a desire to respect and give coverage to all of the local teams. I think that is an admirable and correct position, but not at the cost of being fair to the reality of what really exists.

Overall, I give mad props to the Sports Guys and appreciate the fact that local teams are getting much deserved coverage. I will continue to critique because it is the just thing to do. That said, Thanks guys! Pike Co. football is better off because of the show! Keep up the good work!
but had central played a little better, and not made some mental mistakes this game could have been a 3 td game. it's a prediction, meaning it can be wrong.. and when you try to break it down, i'm sure belfry came out on top of everything, but ahh whatever.. i give up...
fox sports Wrote:Sorry...I'll get our tech guy on it.

The link at http://www.ekbradio.com and the link at http://www.wxccfm.com for the Belfry games are the same link. They point to the same stream. We have had some problems with one of the computers that we use to encode. Hopefully we have that worked out now.
We strongly recommend using Internet Explorer for the streams. If you use the link for Real Player, you can use Real Player, Winamp, or iTunes. If need be, you can copy the link url and open it in your player of choice. The second link for Media Player will usually only work properly with Windows Media Player. If your player does not start just by clicking on it, copy the link url and open it within Media Player.

Hope this helps, and thanks for listening.:rockon:

signed,
the tech guy that Fox Sports mentioned earlier in the thread. :thumpsup:
Pages: 1 2