Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christmas Countdown....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You don't count the day of Christmas.... cause I know at my house when I was younger, the 24th and 25th was pretty much the same day. Bless my parents heart.

So counting today we have 21 days til Jesus Birthday.

And Yes, we celebrate Christmas to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Not Santa Claus, Frosty, Rudolph or a red ryder BB gun.

Bring Good News to All People…

http://skitguys.com/videos/item/first-ch...s-shepherd

I'm going to walk this Christmas journey with you Pulp. You good with that?

Matthew Ch. 2
1 - Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 - Saying, Where is He that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him.

Isaiah ch. 7 ver. 14 (KJV)
14 - Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

Luke ch. 2 (KJV)
1 - And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 - (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 - And all went to be taxed , every one into his own city.
4 - And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David)
5 - To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 - And so it was , that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 - And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes , and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 - And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field , keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 - And, lo , the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid .
10 - And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold , I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 - For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 - And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes , lying in a manger.
13 - And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying ,
14 - Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15 - And it came to pass , as the angels were gone away from them into heaven , the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass , which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16 - And they came with haste , and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17 - And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18 - And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 - But Mary kept all these things , and pondered them in her heart.
20 - And the shepherds returned , glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen , as it was told unto them.
21 - And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, His name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
This really isn't a Christmas song, but it has one of the best meanings that I've ever heard. When I get home, I'm gonna post a video of this song...

I love this song, it's full of God's promises to us.... it's called "Didn't I Walk on the Water"

As I kneel in the darkness in the middle of the night
I’m praying for assurance that everything’s gonna be alright
Lord I see another battle that's out in front of me
I’m afraid I won’t be able and I’ll go down in defeat

But He said, didn't I walk on the water and calm the raging seas
I spoke to the wind, it hushed and I gave you peace
Didn’t I run to your rescue didn’t I hear you when you called
I walked right beside you just so you wouldn’t fall
Didn’t I leave all of Heaven just to die for your sin
I searched until I found you and I’d do it all again

He said, do you remember where I brought you from
Just take a look behind you at how far you’ve come

And everytime you asked me, didn’t I deliver you
So why would you be thinking that I wouldn’t see you through

Now she’s talking to her father in a house that was once a home
She said my bills are coming due Lord and six days is not that long
Then she hears a voice so still and low
It says I’ve moved like that before
I’ll do this little thing and I’ll give you so much more

But He said, I walked on the water and calmed the raging sea
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This really isn't a Christmas song, but it has one of the best meanings that I've ever heard. When I get home, I'm gonna post a video of this song...

I love this song, it's full of God's promises to us.... it's called "Didn't I Walk on the Water"

As I kneel in the darkness in the middle of the night
I’m praying for assurance that everything’s gonna be alright
Lord I see another battle that's out in front of me
I’m afraid I won’t be able and I’ll go down in defeat

He said, do you remember where I brought you from
Just take a look behind you at how far you’ve come

And everytime you asked me, didn’t I deliver you
So why would you be thinking that I wouldn’t see you through

Now she’s talking to her father in a house that was once a home
She said my bills are coming due Lord and six days is not that long
Then she hears a voice so still and low
It says I’ve moved like that before
I’ll do this little thing and I’ll give you so much more

But He said, I walked on the water and calmed the raging sea

17 Days til we celebrate Jesus birthday.
Inner Peace - Sunday, December 08, 2013

The Christ within is my source of peace.

Advent has begun. It is a season of faith, peace, love, and joy; a time of preparing for the celebration of the Christ—the divine perfection in each one of us. The Christ is my source of peace.

Whether I am gazing in solitude at a star-filled sky or caught in the bustle of a holiday crowd, inner peace is always available to me. I am grateful for the sense of well-being that fills my mind and heart. During this season, I turn my awareness to the presence of peace in me. It is my constant source of serenity, my ballast in the storms of life. It is a steadying presence in all situations.

I give thanks for the Christ within—my ever-present source of peace.

For a child has been born for us … and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.—Isaiah 9:6

:Thumbs:

:notworthy

:Thumbs:

Isaiah ch. 9 verses 6-7 (KJV)
6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 - Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
^Milk and Tortilla chips please!

Forgot my crackers at home...lol.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Milk and Tortilla chips please!

Forgot my crackers at home...lol.

Santa Claus may come early if you promise to be good.....

:Hungry: :popcorn:
^HA HA Check your list and check it twice.
13 thread postings.....
12 Trolls Trolling.....
11 New Smilies.....
10 Private Messages.....
9 Liked Post.
8 Deleted Post.....
Luke ch. 1 (KJV)
26 - And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 - To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28 - And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 - And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 - And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 - And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 - He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 - And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 - Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 - And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 - And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

This is the first part of the Christmas story and very often, it is left out. But it is very important.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Luke ch. 1 (KJV)
26 - And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 - To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 - And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 - And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 - And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 - And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 - He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 - And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 - Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
36 - And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38 - And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Luke ch. 2 (KJV)
1 - And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 - (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 - And all went to be taxed , every one into his own city.
4 - And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David)
5 - To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 - And so it was , that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 - And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes , and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 - And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field , keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 - And, lo , the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid .
10 - And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold , I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 - For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 - And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes , lying in a manger.
13 - And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying ,
14 - Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15 - And it came to pass , as the angels were gone away from them into heaven , the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass , which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16 - And they came with haste , and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17 - And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18 - And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 - But Mary kept all these things , and pondered them in her heart.
20 - And the shepherds returned , glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen , as it was told unto them.
21 - And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, His name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Ladies and Gentlemen.... The true CHRISTmas Story.
Pages: 1 2