Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 56th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who are your top teams in the 56th this year?
1. Powell
2. Estill
3. Owsley
4. Lee
i agree with that. i saw powell play a couple times last year. the only lost one starter i dont know her name but she contributed alot. they will have a lot to cover but i think they can do it
i agree powell will win it this year the senior they lost was ashley mullins
Powell wont have much to fill in returning every starter except the mullins girl. A girl that i know will dominate down low this year will be Kendra Mcfarland.She is a brute beneath the basket and at such a young age,she will have much more to show as her years go on(she is only a freshman).Powell doesnt have ALOT of depth..but they have some. Their starting five may have to stick it out in some games to pull in a win. It should be Powell taking home the district tourney this year.Lets hope to see them bring home some REGION hardware as well!!
I agree I see powell winning it all this year
I would have to agree oscarmoore1. Powell will be a very good team this year. With Kendra McFarland, and Savannah Tharpe in the back court, and with Courtney Jones at point, they will be a very skilled team, with alot of experience. Good Luck to them in the Upcoming Season.
I agree that powell will be a very good team this year also, returning all but one starter. And has plenty of help on the bench when needed. These girls have shown alot of dedication both in and out of the gym this summer, and i dont think there is anyway they are going to go unoticed this season.
I agree. Kendra Mcfarland and Savannah Tharpe are 2 of the best post players in the district maybe even in the region. Courtney Jones is a smart point guard who knows what she is doing.They also have a pretty decent bench so i think they should be alright this year.
I also agree with powell fan 1... i also think powell will have a very good team. Losing one starter wont hurt powell as bad, although she was a great player. The starting five will be a battlethis year ecspically with senior angie anderson and sophmore shelby barnett. shelby is an outstanding player off the bench last year and has improved greatly so my opion angie better watch out. i dont know about the other players that will be stepping up. I know of a junior Ashley Lacy that stepped up for Kendra last year, shes a hard player but i guess we will have to wait till season to make sure.
i agree ashley and shelby are outstanding players off the bench probly should even start
Powell should dominate with Angelia Anderson, Courtney Jones, and Shelby Barrnett as the guards and Savannah Tharpe and Kendra Mcfarland as the post players...what does everyone else in the 56th that can stop that? Also dont forget the young bench players
Powell was a dominate team in the District last year, they had a rough start with lee but came through in the end. I expect to see the same this year, considering the talent on the team. Another good thing about Powell is the support from the crowd. That definately helps as well.
1. Powell (05-06 District Champs)
2. Estill
3. Lee
4. Owsley
Powell county girls have the district on lock again...hopfully they can get farther into the regional tourney
hopefully
I also think powell will do really well because of their post players. I've heard alot about Savannah Tharpe, A senior this year. She is a powerhouse in the paint.
Savannah Tharpe is a really good player with a cool head on her shoulders. Between her and Kendra McFarland dominating in the paint Powell should go far. Courtney Jones always knows how to feed the ball to them at the right times. The loose of one senior shouldnt hurt powell much because they have a talented bench. Between Shelby Barnett rotating in at guard and Ashley Lacy and Stevie Rogers helping them out in the shooting guard and post position they have much potential. I look forward to watching them grow as season progresses.
yea i agree with Kendra McFarlan and Savannah Tharpe being to great post players, but also Savannah tharpe can do alot more, she can also go coast to coast if she has to. She will be a great leader for the powell county pirates.
I agree with LuckyCharms, Savannah Thape will have to be there for senior leadership. Theres only one other senior on the team and that is Angelia Anderson, but all the games I've watched she seems to show a bit of an attitude and lets the other players get to her. Tharpe will have to be there to help the team get together.
I think that Powell will do good this year in their district but i also think it is funny how players on here like to toot their own horns lol TongueirateSho

I think its funny how you assume people are "tooting their own horns" Did you ever think maybe someone else is tooting it for them?
I think that powell will do fine this year. they will be lead by their seniors and some under classmen like Jones, McFarland, Barnett,and Howard. I think they will be fine.
1.Powell
2.Estill
3.Lee
4.Owsley
With Savannah Tharpe and Kendra McFarland down low scoring and rebounding, Courtney Jones and Shelby Barnett handling the ball, the Lady Pirates should have an interesting season to watch. Ashley Lacy will add to the rebounding for the Lady Pirates as well as Stevie Rogers. They should have a decent bench by the time games start.
Estill County should have a decent team this year with Brooke Reynolds scoring and Sandra Hall handling the ball. But Powell will be the team to beat.
I dont think that Estill will be in the big picture this year. They have some decent players but they dont commit whenever the time is right. They let Powell dominate which lead to winning district. Powell will be the team to beat. They have the heart and talent both on the floor and on the bench to lead to sucess.
ur_#1_fan Wrote:I think its funny how you assume people are "tooting their own horns" Did you ever think maybe someone else is tooting it for them?

Well i never said that was a bad thing, or that other people didnt do it 4them either lol
With Courtney Jones and Shelby Barnett handling the ball and their shooting abilities , Savannah Tharpe, Ashley Lacy, and Kendra Mcarland down low, and Angela Anderson contributing with some good rebounding and some good D, Powell should be a dominating force in the region this year. They should be the favorite to win the 56th district this upcoming season.
Very True
Powell All the way
Owsley County will win the district this year, and more than likely again in 2008. They have most of their team back and have a couple of talented players who have transferred in from Jessamine County and Clay County.
Kendra Combs is back, and Mika Turner has improved three-fold over the summer. Plus they return Jessica Murrell, Candi Combs, and twins Sheri and Teri Gilbert.
It also helps that the tournament is played at Owsley this year.

My ranking of the dstrict is:

1 Owsley
2 Powell
3 Estill
4 Lee
Pages: 1 2 3