Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Middle School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Different thread. Same Ole Shit!!! Superior, Superior!!! Blah Blah Blah. Both schools have been the same since the day they began. Each fluctuates in talent from time to time. I don't care where they live in the county or town. They are at the school they want to be at. But the way I see it, Just my opinion, Paintsville HAS won a State Championship in Basketball & Baseball. Which are unclassed sports. Also a State Runner's Up in Basketball and Football. I am asking this because I honestly don't know. How many of those players were county transfers? I can only think of Couch (who din't win a State Championship) but was on some pretty good football and basketball teams and VanHoose who was on the State Champion baseball Team. Also yes, JC did beat PHS pretty good last year in football. But, PHS was in the Regional Finals last year. As for baseball, I believe they were in the Regional Finals there also. HHMMM.
eaglehoops Wrote:I feel pretty confident in saying they have the best. Look at their past success. Reigning Boys regional champs. Wireman has 299 wins, 6 regional, and 13 district titles in 14 years, wrestling has a great tradition and the addition of matney makes them even better. Football has FINALLY gotten to the point they need to be, swimming is always a contender, volleybally went from last to runner up in what seems to be overnight also 2 consecutive district titles. Softball has won about 10 of 11 district titles, Baseball always contentds in the best district in the state IMO. Name better numbers from around. Success breeds success. And JC is a stud! They may not have the best but they are pretty darn good!

Didn't take long to start shooting holes in this post......Mag. County has won the last three dist championshipswith Paintsville the runner up twice!!! That would make ithard to be dist. champs 13 times in fourteen tries. And this was the first I started researching so I think I will just forego the rest of this post and chalk it up to "not very accurate".
Golden Eagle Wrote:Who is number 44 on the Tiger's team?
Dustin Terry.
Golden Eagle Wrote:I'm curius how long ago it was when 2/3's of Johnson Central's backfield consisted of players that crossed over from Paintsville. Twenty years plus?

Maybe ten to 15.
rooster Wrote:Who would that 2/3rds have been and when?

There was a bunch, and add a few to the list that just haven't graduated yet.

What have I denied? Please enlighten me on what denial could be. You are the one that got a little bent out of shape when all I said was that the current lack of transfers or the lack of transfers in the near future would have a direct effect on the future success of each respective program. That's all I said, and I encourage you to go back and reread it, and I think that that is a very accurate statement. I think it will help JC and deny Paintsville of some quality players. Can you see what I am saying? I wasn't trying to be fecitious at all. I think that was the total context of my statement. Nothing more. Nothing less. Kind of silly in my opinion to get all defensive over a comment in as meaningless as it was or was intended to be.

Who knows how long Matney will be around, but in the last 3 years Johnson Central has only had one football coach. I think that in the same period of time that Paintsville is at 3 (4 if you count Chuke) and counting.

Also before Matney except for one disasterous year under Humphrey and two years under a very good , (but very ill) Coach Ross, Johnson Central had a very good and a very successful coach by the name of Bill Musick that stayed around for several years .

And if you dont care, please elaborate what direction that Paintsville is headed in after David LeMaster since you have the ability to foresee things that will happen with or without certain coaching personel in place?

Geez, my comment was certainly nothing to get into an arguement over.

I really am not upset at all.....I enjoy good debates. i feel you are in denial that there has not been any kids cross from Paintsville to JC.
Anyone feel like getting back on topic?
The Guru Wrote:I really am not upset at all.....I enjoy good debates. i feel you are in denial that there has not been any kids cross from Paintsville to JC.
I dont think that the word denial works here. I just dont know who they could be. I really cant think of the first one in the last 10 years, anyways. Go ahead and prove me wrong and name names, in say the last 10 years.. I've been wrong before. I am willing to bet that the ratio probably goes about 25-1, if there have been in-deed some come from the other way.
You are correct Guru, it wasn't 13 of 14 it was 11 of 14. My fault. :igiveup: I am not saying the ville is a bad program. I just feel at this moment in time, JC is ahead of where the tiger's would like to be. It's just my own opinion.
eaglehoops Wrote:Who cares about all this creek-crossing mess? The truth or the matter is IF a kid wants to go to a program on the rise, and he or she is a good athlete with potential to play sports in the NCAA they need to go to JC. JC has the best coaches in every sport in east KY IMO. Starns in boys b-ball, Matney in football, Wireman in girls b-ball, meek in swimming, gambel/matney in wrestling, hall in baseball, mccool in softball/volleyball, and their soccer programs are def. on the rise. When you look at Paintsville they don't get much attention. Sure they have a great boys b-ball coach. But when is the last time he won a region title? Not putting him down, but I really don't know. Baldwin is a decent coach in girls ball but he will never compete for a regional title. Most tiger fans don't even like their own baseball coach, their football coach is new so I don't know about him just yet, softball and volleyball are always bringing in the rear in the region, no wrestling or swimming. If I had a kid he/she would def. play at JC, not just because I am a fan but because they care about success on both the boys and girls level. And until Paintsville does the same they won't compete. They may get some transfers but in my opinion they are ones that wouldn't have been a major factor at JC. However, JC will get crossovers because they feel they have talent and want to win and play at the next level. They may win every once in a while but not a lot. I root for both teams, I root for the kids. But these are plain facts. JC has a better athletic program all together than Paintsville!
NCAA??????????????Smile
Ridge Runner Wrote:Different thread. Same Ole Shit!!! Superior, Superior!!! Blah Blah Blah. Both schools have been the same since the day they began. Each fluctuates in talent from time to time. I don't care where they live in the county or town. They are at the school they want to be at. But the way I see it, Just my opinion, Paintsville HAS won a State Championship in Basketball & Baseball. Which are unclassed sports. Also a State Runner's Up in Basketball and Football. I am asking this because I honestly don't know. How many of those players were county transfers? I can only think of Couch (who din't win a State Championship) but was on some pretty good football and basketball teams and VanHoose who was on the State Champion baseball Team. Also yes, JC did beat PHS pretty good last year in football. But, PHS was in the Regional Finals last year. As for baseball, I believe they were in the Regional Finals there also. HHMMM.

Has JCHS won any state championships? I thought they had, but can't remember right off.
if they have its only been in golf or wrestling. they will never win one in basketball, baseball or football. the tigers will win another title before they will!!!!!

Gatortater Wrote:Has JCHS won any state championships? I thought they had, but can't remember right off.
Paintsville Middle School discussion anyone?.......
Lets get off this whole whos better discussion and refocus on te youth of Pville middle. I think they have a great coach and if they stay together they will be a force come junior/senior years in high school. Good luck to all youth players across KY!
eaglehoops Wrote:You are correct Guru, it wasn't 13 of 14 it was 11 of 14. My fault. :igiveup: I am not saying the ville is a bad program. I just feel at this moment in time, JC is ahead of where the tiger's would like to be. It's just my own opinion.

I'm not so sure it's 11 of 14. Didn't Sheldon Clark win a couple when Mandy Harmon played? I know they played in the region finals once or twice when she was at SC.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Hans, Wes, and Matt Blevins, those are the players you are talking about. To be honest, they wouldn't have helped much. They weren't worth a dime when they first came to Paintsville. Infact, had all the boys that played with us all thru elem. and middle school would have played, none of the "JC" boys would have even got to play their freshman year. Had it not have been for Chuke bringing Micheal Copley in with his intense, manditory weight training, the three you speak of wouldn't have been as good as they turned out. You ask how would Paintsville have done without them, about the same. Shane Cantrell could have had just as many yards as Hans did with the blocking of last years offensive line and Subby could have did everything Wes did at the FB position. It would have hurt on defense a little, but not on offense.

If they weren't worth a dime Then why in the world did the coaches put them in the 1st qtr. of the 1st game in their freshman year. My guess would be that if they transferred back they would have to set out a year.
Old School Wrote:If they weren't worth a dime Then why in the world did the coaches put them in the 1st qtr. of the 1st game in their freshman year. My guess would be that if they transferred back they would have to set out a year.

Do you remember the players we had that year, wasn't much to work with. What I was trying to say was without the coaching these boys had while at Paintsville, I don't think they would have turned out anywhere near as good as they did.
My final say on this subject that has nothing to do with this thread.
Against South point......JCHS had Four Captains go out for the coin toss............Name the ones that were products solely from the Johnson Co. School system?
The Guru Wrote:My final say on this subject that has nothing to do with this thread.
Against South point......JCHS had Four Captains go out for the coin toss............Name the ones that were products solely from the Johnson Co. School system?

Who were the captains for that game?
The Guru Wrote:My final say on this subject that has nothing to do with this thread.
I don't think that any of those kids where from across the creek. My say is name the starting pitcher for Paintsville in the State title game in baseball when they won the baseball title? Who was the leading scorer in the championship basketball game in 96? Do some research guys and let me know if Joey Couch was the only transfer to play or be a major role on a Paintsville team. Now get back to the subject of this thread!:rockon:
How 'bout the point gaurd and the 6th man for the State champion Basketball team. Some people told me they got their start in the county school system.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Hans, Wes, and Matt Blevins, those are the players you are talking about. To be honest, they wouldn't have helped much. They weren't worth a dime when they first came to Paintsville. Infact, had all the boys that played with us all thru elem. and middle school would have played, none of the "JC" boys would have even got to play their freshman year. Had it not have been for Chuke bringing Micheal Copley in with his intense, manditory weight training, the three you speak of wouldn't have been as good as they turned out. You ask how would Paintsville have done without them, about the same. Shane Cantrell could have had just as many yards as Hans did with the blocking of last years offensive line and Subby could have did everything Wes did at the FB position. It would have hurt on defense a little, but not on offense.

Didn't subby start in the county?
Paintsville has some good players #44, #3 both are very good! I wish I could remember some more of the numbers. Maybe someone can throw some more out there or some names.
*access* Wrote:Paintsville has some good players #44, #3 both are very good! I wish I could remember some more of the numbers. Maybe someone can throw some more out there or some names.
#7 Jarell is a fine running back that scored the first TD for PJHS against JC on about a 50 yard scamper where he had to take it outside break a couple tackles, then cut back across the field and race to the endzone. Also had a couple of other nice runs and is a 7th grader. # 8, Burchett, is another nifty lil7th grade back.
they play at Magoffin thursday should be a good game
eaglehoops Wrote:Decent team, played JCMS and got pounded by about 30. Things don't look to good for the future tiger program, as far as I see it. But... I'm a JC fan so what do I know. :rockon:
0Smile
Seth Jarrell- Highland Wildcat
Brett Reynolds- Meade Red Devil
Ethan Daniel- Central Eagle
Timmy Sublett- Central Eagle
Jonathan Scarberry- W.R. Castle Tomcat

How many of these county kids are playing at our Paintsville Middle School? I'm sure there are probably more.
Tiger77 Wrote:Seth Jarrell- Highland Wildcat
Brett Reynolds- Meade Red Devil**
Ethan Daniel- Central Eagle**
Timmy Sublett- Central Eagle
Jonathan Scarberry- W.R. Castle Tomcat

How many of these county kids are playing at our Paintsville Middle School? I'm sure there are probably more.

Tyler Spriggs- Meade Red Devil**
Trent Burchett- Highland Wildcat**
Josh Moore- W.R. Castle Tomcat
Dustin Terry- Porter Panther
Seth Daniles- Porter Panther
Ty Collett- Highland Wildcat
Brooks Pelphrey- Highland Wildcat
Shey Spencer- Central Eagle

All the above are Middle Schoolers or below.
All below are Freshman or higher.

Seth Rice- W.R. Castle Tomcat**
Tyler Treadway- Highland Wildcat
Dillon Brown- Central Eagle
Ricky "Big Rick"- Central Eagle
Tyler Deaton- Highland Wildcat**
Cody Reynolds- Meade Red Devil**
Neamiah(??) Doderer- Central Eagle/Mogoffin Hornet
Kyle Sublett- W.R. Castle Tomcat
Kansas & Kendra Lyons- Meade Red Devils
Emily Castle- Meade Red Devil
Justin Meek- I think a Meade Red Devil (??)

You know what though? They going to school where they want to go to school. we live in America and that is their choice!

**- Kids that live in the city limits. :letsparty
when did the rice kid move into the city limits? i thought his parents live out wittensville?
If I'm not mistaken I beleive he stays with his bother in law. But I may be mistake.
Pages: 1 2 3