Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How big a factor has weather been during the playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read in the Male / Scott Co update thread where Male had a lot of problems passing the ball. I suspect weather influences (although I'm well aware Scott has plenty of speed in their secondary). This is really the first playoff season I can remember where the winter conditions have been so severe. I know in the SK/Butler game, it changed the game plan significantly.

After preaching balanced offense for so long, could it be that the strong running teams had an advantage this playoff season?
Pick6 Wrote:I read in the Male / Scott Co update thread where Male had a lot of problems passing the ball. I suspect weather influences (although I'm well aware Scott has plenty of speed in their secondary). This is really the first playoff season I can remember where the winter conditions have been so severe. I know in the SK/Butler game, it changed the game plan significantly.

After preaching balanced offense for so long, could it be that the strong running teams had an advantage this playoff season?

Weather had no effect on games! Look at HHS/LC game, both had no problem with passing game!
Weather had no effect on Williamsburg/Raceland game. The field was in great shape. Last years Hazard game was colder. Not a lot of wind to effect passes.
We didn't seem to have any problems with the weather.
Last week yes, this week no. Some of theses spread teams who throw it around a ton also had the pleasure of playing on turf all the way through the playoffs.

I love all offenses...they all work. Take the 6A final, both Meade (Wing T and Wishbone) and Scott County (Wing T) are as old school as you can get. With that said, they CAN throw it around when they need ) granted both average less than 100 yds passing a game).

You better be able to do both this time of year. Not necessarily 50/50, either.
No effect at the Bourbon\Belfry game. Just alot of numb toes in the stands on those aluminum bleachers!
The weather didn't have any effect on any of the Collins games. They still put a running clock on everyone rain or shine! Confusednicker:
blue1424 Wrote:The weather didn't have any effect on any of the Collins games. They still put a running clock on everyone rain or shine! Confusednicker:

Did you think any of Owensboro's 10 fumbles had anything to do with the weather. I wasn't there but watched the game thread. Also, John Hardin fumbled 3 times in the first quarter last night and our QB seemed affected by the cold. I was in the stands and was so cold I thought about listening to the rest of the game in the car.
You may have been cold but the purps were HOT.
adopted purple Wrote:Did you think any of Owensboro's 10 fumbles had anything to do with the weather. I wasn't there but watched the game thread. Also, John Hardin fumbled 3 times in the first quarter last night and our QB seemed affected by the cold. I was in the stands and was so cold I thought about listening to the rest of the game in the car.

No not really. It was a nice sunny day and cold but not too cold since kickoff was at 3 PM. Most of Owensboro's fumbles came after a small ball carrier was hit by a much bigger defender. Masai Whyte had 4 forced fumbles on his own. I have never seen a team as small as Owensboro and Collins was really hitting people yesterday. The cold weather could have had something to do with it but Collins played in the same conditions and had no trouble at all holding onto the ball.
I think the cold weather cold get into the heads of teams not used to playing this deep into the playoffs.
If the weather yesterday kept a football team from performing at the level necessary to play a competitive game, that team needs to opt out of the playoffs and let the real teams get on with it. :lame: Football was meant to be played in that kind of weather. The only improvement I could suggest is all grass fields and a little mud for color.