Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 KHSAA State Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All games are at Feix Field at L.T. Smith/Houchens Stadium at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green

Friday, December 6th
11:00 AM - Class 1A: Mayfield (13-1) vs. Williamsburg (11-2)
3:00 PM - Class 3A: Belfry (13-1) vs. Wayne County (14-0)
7:00 PM - Class 6A: Meade County (11-2) vs. Scott County (14-0)

Saturday, December 7th
11:00 AM - Class 2A: DeSales (13-1) vs. Newport Central Catholic (10-4)
3:00 PM - Class 4A: Collins (12-2) vs. Highlands (13-1)
7:00 PM - Class 5A: Bowling Green (13-0) vs. Pulaski County (14-0)

This is the 1st time since 1996 that Trinity, St. Xavier, or Male won't be playing in the big school state championship.

Bowling Green is on a 43 game winning streak

4A's match up, Highlands vs. Collins, is a rematch of last year's 4A finals

Belfry isn't playing Central in the finals :truestory:

There are only 2 private schools playing in the state finals; DeSales and NCC and they play each other

Mayfield and Williamsburg has the furthest distance between opponents in finals match up

Williamsburg, Pulaski County and Wayne County are appearing in their 1st football state finals

Highlands can pass Trinity for the state record in total and consecutive state championships this year
There are some great match ups this year and it looks like a great finals line up.
Should be a great couple of days of football in Bowling Green.
I can't wait for this.
Will you be able to watch these games on line anywhere?
Are the game start times CST or EST? Thanks.
kybred Wrote:Are the game start times CST or EST? Thanks.

Central
Jack Lambert Wrote:Will you be able to watch these games on line anywhere?

The KHSAA had posted a broadcast schedule at the following link: http://khsaa.net/
I can't tell if the broadcast posted are video or audio only. But I am confident to say that if full game video becomes available, it will only be through KHSAA.
Last year there was a delay in the video broadcast.

http://www.ihigh.com/KY/

I'd probably keep checking back there for the broadcast schedule next week.
Looks like one of the best lineups in recent memory. Too bad I have other obligations and will miss being in BG for the whole thing. I hope to catch some of it online.
Last year there was a 2 hour delay in the game and the video of the game. Seems like 2004 Belfry game was live on TV, 2010 was live on iHigh as was 2011. Last year is the only year I remember there being a broadcast delay. It may have been a test and if I had to bet the viewership between live and delay is a pretty big gap, they may return to live this year.
I can't wait for Friday. It's gonna be fun.
I see a couple close games and a few blowouts.
Still 6 days away.
I will see if anyone knows about the broadcast schedule. If anyone needs any help that they can't get fixed over the phone or the internet, send me a PM and I will try and help. It would be nice to get something besides hate-mail for once.:Thumbs:
I guess all those that think the private schools should be seperated from public schools really took a hit this year.

This has been a down year for football in this state all the way across the board.
I just wish it was Friday already.
According to the Khsaa website, all games will be broadcast live. I have left a message with someone at WKU who will know for sure.
Can you see if they can cover the stadium so we don't have to get rained on?
Day Dec 6

[Image: 12.png] 42°FHigh
Rain

Chance of rain:90%

That stinks.
It does.......but oh well. That's what they make raingear for! Wont keep me away I tell ya!

Thanks guys for the info and answering my queston.
^
They will all be on ihigh i think.
For those fans that are planning on attending a game or six here is a link to a document containing general info for the championship games including ticket pricing, directions to the stadium, maps of the area, rules for umbrella's and a lot of general info for the participating teams/schools: http://khsaa.org/football/2013/finals/ch...ctions.pdf
Lambert, I like the old school avatar. It would be better if you changed it to a picture of Ed Too Tall Jones though.
kybred Wrote:For those fans that are planning on attending a game or six here is a link to a document containing general info for the championship games including ticket pricing, directions to the stadium, maps of the area, rules for umbrella's and a lot of general info for the participating teams/schools: http://khsaa.org/football/2013/finals/ch...ctions.pdf

The participating schools get $0.25 per ticket sold for advance sales, the athletic assoc sure does love its money.
Oh, we can save a whole quarter.
Pages: 1 2