Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can we please...???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I am new here and probably don't have any right to say anything.
But I have been a member of other sites, and while I enjoy the freedom to express opinions freely,

Can we please show a little respect??

Can we show respect for other teams?..they ALL are out there trying and shedding blood, sweat, and tears.

Can we show a little respect for each other?...We ALL have our own opinions and we probably don't disagree about things but we can disagree with respectful posts.

I've only been a member for just a short time but I have been watching for a while...this place gets ugly sometimes, name calling, talking bad about KIDS, cursing, and just plain old disrespect for a different opinion.

This can be a great site but i'd bet there are people that don't join because of the ugliness.
I know I hesitated before I joined.
A little respect for others goes a long way.
Old Timer Wrote:I know I am new here and probably don't have any right to say anything.
But I have been a member of other sites, and while I enjoy the freedom to express opinions freely,

Can we show respect for other teams?..they ALL are out there trying and shedding blood, sweat, and tears.

Can we show a little respect for each other?...We ALL have our own opinions and we probably don't disagree about things but we can disagree with respectful posts.

I've only been a member for just a short time but I have been watching for a while...this place gets ugly sometimes, name calling, talking bad about KIDS, cursing, and just plain old disrespect for a different opinion.

This can be a great site but i'd bet there are people that don't join because of the ugliness.

Thanks for the honest opinions. Sometime we as moderators and administrators cannot catch everything that happens. We do our best to police every thread but we run short of time to do so. If you see this going on please feel free to send one of us a PM and we will look into it and act accordingly. Once again thanks.
Old Timer Wrote:I know I am new here and probably don't have any right to say anything.

I agree sometime they do get carried away but were not going to be like other sites who get onto you for speaking your mind. We wont have no name calling and such so if you need anything feel free to PM one of us.
I agree, RESPECT needs to be here though. You can speak your mind and still show respect to other users.
Beef Wrote:I agree, RESPECT needs to be here though. You can speak your mind and still show respect to other users.

I agree Beef...

and very nice post old timer! I know these other sites and a lot of times you get called down a little too much for voicing your opinion. You pay to join but it seems every word can be policed a little overboard. But on the other hand it does get very childish and pretty bad here sometimes. Overall I love the site but sometimes it gets ridiculas. It seems people have a hard time believing that somebody can have an opinion different than their own lol
Very Nice Post Old Timer, and as they have already said the Mods and Admins try to watch the site but sometimes we miss some stuff that needs to be cleaned up. So if YOU OR ANY OTHER MEMBER sees something that breaks a rule or just doesn't need to be on this site, just shoot a PM to a staff member and we'll take care of it ASAP.

Thanx BC75
Nice Post, Old Timer!!!
I see you are new but I like you already.
BTW, Welcome to BGR!
Like the rest have said welcome to the site thanks for the post and if we miss something please feel free to let one of us know. If it happens to be one of the mods or admins that get hot headed don't hesitate to notify another. We all try not to get out of hand but we to can get heated and forget.

Once again welcome to the site and thanks for the input.
the big thing here is this site is free for all. Therefore a lot of high school and grade school, and immature adults can get on here and go on about whatever they want to.. They didn't pay for it, so they don't really care if they get suspended, cause they can create another account and just get back on..

It does look bad on the site when some of these things are said. but rest assured we moderaters do try our best to catch all these posts as quick as we can.. but occasionally we do miss some. But please don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience here.. Have fun and welcome..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:the big thing here is this site is free for all. Therefore a lot of high school and grade school, and immature adults can get on here and go on about whatever they want to.. They didn't pay for it, so they don't really care if they get suspended, cause they can create another account and just get back on..

It does look bad on the site when some of these things are said. but rest assured we moderaters do try our best to catch all these posts as quick as we can.. but occasionally we do miss some. But please don't let a few bad apples ruin your experience here.. Have fun and welcome..
:thumpsup:
Is that really a picture of you old timer.

Great Post. I agree 100% :thumpsup: Some threads I had refrained from posting in because of a certain poster, calling me names..and this is sad. Being a school teacher I do not allow disrespect of anyone in my classroom. It saddened me to see teams and kids disrespected on here.

Great Post, Old Timer.

This site has worlds of potential, and a lot of great people are here, as mgt and also as regular posters.

I agree, the disrespect and language is a big turn off for a lot of people, as well as talking bad about kids, which should never be acceptable.

I'm an old timer too, and it bothers me because I can see the future for BGR is bright, but some of the stuff you are talking about takes a lot of the luster off that.

I don't understand why people can't disagree in a respectful way and still remain classy instead of arguing and insulting others all the time.

Thanks for bringing it up. :rockon:

Bat
I have to agree oldtimer, ( I thought I was the "Old Fart" on here.) Great post most all of us have that same feeling and strive toward it.We try to keep a lttle edge and still keep it civil and that can be difficult. Like foxsports has said I like you already.
t-cat50 Wrote:Is that really a picture of you old timer.
That's me.
I'm a beauty ain't I.
Wanna date???
I think everyone would be better off if we would agree to disagree sometimes.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think everyone would be better off if we would agree to disagree sometimes.
i agree with you. lol:letsparty

i agree 110% old timer:Thumbs:
yes,I agree, we all need to show some respect!!

I agree 100% with every word