Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC... Tournament like the originals.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would LOVE to see a once a year UFC Tournament like the original concept was based on.

No Rounds.
No Time Limit.
No Weight Classes.
Have multiple fights in one night.

And anybody on the active roster could participate.
Have an 8 man bracket, with 2 alternate bouts.

The UFC is growing daily. It would be nice to see an old school style tournament.
With today's fighters.... the possible entries would be insane.
I can't believe not one person has commented on this thread.

Either their are no MMA fans on BGR....
Nobody cares about MMA anymore....
This forum gets overlooked...
Pulp Fiction is off his rocker....
It would be cool to see but probably will never happen after all the struggles to get UFC looked at as a legitimate sport.
The only thing I would like to keep is the tournament structure. Bellator and Glory does a tournament style. To me, seeing a 185 lb karate master against a 400 lb sumo wrestler is not appealing.

I do wish though that there wasn't as many weight classes.
judgementday Wrote:The only thing I would like to keep is the tournament structure. Bellator and Glory does a tournament style. To me, seeing a 185 lb karate master against a 400 lb sumo wrestler is not appealing.

I do wish though that there wasn't as many weight classes.

UFC 3.
Keith Hackney (Karate) vs. Emmanuel Yarborough 600+ lbs. (Sumo)
Yeah, I did not even notice this thread.

I think me, judgmentday, Trivial were the only ones that really talked about MMA.

But yeah, still watch every show! lol
I am happy to talk about it if more people wanted to be part of the discussion. However, for that to happen I think it needs its own heading under profession sports instead of being grouped under "other".
judgementday Wrote:I am happy to talk about it if more people wanted to be part of the discussion. However, for that to happen I think it needs its own heading under profession sports instead of being grouped under "other".

Agreed!
Should just merge wrestling & MMA...called it "The Fight Forum" or something like that.

I love both of them, so it wouldn't bother me.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Should just merge wrestling & MMA...called it "The Fight Forum" or something like that.

I love both of them, so it wouldn't bother me.

That could potentially work. I wonder who we should ask?
judgementday Wrote:That could potentially work. I wonder who we should ask?

Stardust
judgementday Wrote:That could potentially work. I wonder who we should ask?

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Stardust

TorQQue