Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals 23 KC 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What did everyone think about this game? 7 sacks by the Bengals. I think Green might be awake now! The Bengals looked very good today and will cause a lot of problems for many this year.
What I want to know is where are all the people who said that they would get killed by KC today? Nice win for the Bengals. I doubt hes awake yet. That was a NASTY hit.
Batpuff Wrote:What I want to know is where are all the people who said that they would get killed by KC today? Nice win for the Bengals. I doubt hes awake yet. That was a NASTY hit.

We were placing bets with two-to-one odds that said he was dead. I gotta go now but when I get back there's a bunch of Bengals-doubters/haters who are getting called out
:goofy: they layed the wood to trent green
BelfryJustice Wrote:. I think Green might be awake now!

Batpuff Wrote:I doubt hes awake yet. That was a NASTY hit.

BFritz Wrote:We were placing bets with two-to-one odds that said he was dead.

t-cat50 Wrote::goofy: they layed the wood to trent green

Four of the most classless statements I've ever seen. The fact that some of you can sit and say that a hit on Palmer was classless and then brag about this hit is the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

Trent Green is one of the most classy QB's in football and was running to help his team and was hit while sliding. It wasn't a nasty hit, just a stupid one. That's nothing to be proud of and the fact that the guy got up bragging with Green laying there is the most idiotic thing I'd ever seen. Broadcasters, analysts, and any unbiased person has said all day how classless that was, and that it was an unnecessary hit.

Geathers may not have been able to stop but he could have softened the blow significantly. There was no need for what looked to be a helmet to helmet hit though, which is what it looked like.

Pathetic, seriously this time guys. That's nothing to be proud of. Karma is a bitch though, and you have a guy at QB with a leg that could go anytime.
alfus21 Wrote:Four of the most classless statements I've ever seen. The fact that some of you can sit and say that a hit on Palmer was classless and then brag about this hit is the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

Trent Green is one of the most classy QB's in football and was running to help his team and was hit while sliding. It wasn't a nasty hit, just a stupid one. That's nothing to be proud of and the fact that the guy got up bragging with Green laying there is the most idiotic thing I'd ever seen. Broadcasters, analysts, and any unbiased person has said all day how classless that was, and that it was an unnecessary hit.

Geathers may not have been able to stop but he could have softened the blow significantly. There was no need for what looked to be a helmet to helmet hit though, which is what it looked like.

Pathetic, seriously this time guys. That's nothing to be proud of. Karma is a bitch though, and you have a guy at QB with a leg that could go anytime.

Agreed!!:thumpsup: To say the hit to Palmer was a cheapshot and not call the shot to Green a cheapshot is pathetic and being hipocritical IMO ! Rolleyes
alfus21 Wrote:Four of the most classless statements I've ever seen. The fact that some of you can sit and say that a hit on Palmer was classless and then brag about this hit is the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

Crossbones Wrote:Agreed!!:thumpsup: To say the hit to Palmer was a cheapshot and not call the shot to Green a cheapshot is pathetic and being hipocritical IMO ! Rolleyes

You both need to check yourselves....... first off, the hit, if he doesn't dive to stop Green then Green picks up another yard or two and gets the first down. Second, I'm pretty sure it wasn't helmet to helmet, if I recall, his shoulder pad hit Green's helmet, and then Green's helmet slammed against the ground. They did lay the wood to Trent Green, so that comment's ok too. The other two saying they think he's still knocked out and it was a nasty hit, what's wrong with that? My comment may have been a little uncalled for, but we really thought he was dead, not like we were happy about it or anything
BFritz Wrote:You both need to check yourselves....... first off, the hit, if he doesn't dive to stop Green then Green picks up another yard or two and gets the first down. Second, I'm pretty sure it wasn't helmet to helmet, if I recall, his shoulder pad hit Green's helmet, and then Green's helmet slammed against the ground. They did lay the wood to Trent Green, so that comment's ok too. The other two saying they think he's still knocked out and it was a nasty hit, what's wrong with that? My comment may have been a little uncalled for, but we really thought he was dead, not like we were happy about it or anything

In a QB slide, you don't have to be touched down. Rather, you are marked down at the point you start your slide so either way he wasn't going to get the 1st down.

As for the hit, it wasn't a vicious hit, but the positioning just made it terrible with the way his head snapped back to the ground. Geathers didn't lead with his helmet. He led with his shoulder pads. On tv today they've said it was shoulder to chest hit, but I still say it looks like shoulder to head.

Either way, this is part of the game, sadly. I'm sure the league will review the hit but I'd be very surprised if any fine is handed out. It wasn't an illegal hit either or we know we'd have seen flags fly with how protective the league has become of QBs.

Just for note, I'm not a Bengals fan so I'm not being biased. I'm not a Bengal rival fan either. I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan.
it wasn't a vicious hit at all for one he was pushed in the back and two Trent Green started his slide too late by the rules he is suppose to start his slide atleast 3 to 4 yards before a defender can get to him also it was a very clean hit it could have been worse because at the last second the defender turned his sholders so that he hit more with the back of his sholderpads and not the top or front where more force would have hit Green so give credit to the defender for not killing the guy

If there is a fine for this i too would be suprised because there shouldn't be one at all its very unfortunate that this happened I hope Trent Green Makes a full recovery

The latest speculation is that green will be out until week 4 so he'll only miss one game because KC has a bye week in the 3rd week
Bengals D and Rushing game really impressed me in this one ! I think the bengals are on the right track now its time for them to woop on those Browns !

You need to spend a little more time on your research! I for one never said that the hit on Palmer was a bad hit. It was a bad football injury on a legal play! I challenge you to find one post were I said anything different about that hit that was placed on Palmer. The hit on Green was a legal hit due to the fact that he was pushed into Green and that Green started his slide late. There was no way after the defender was commented that he could have stopped! It is football and people are going to get hit.

I agree 100% that Green is and has been one of the classy QB’s in the NFL. It is football and getting hit is part of the game. He needed to slide much earlier and you know that if you watched the play!

Please show me were I said that about the Palmer hit. You will never find it.
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed!!:thumpsup: To say the hit to Palmer was a cheapshot and not call the shot to Green a cheapshot is pathetic and being hipocritical IMO ! Rolleyes

I disagree with you my friend. Both were legal hits with bad results. I never said that either were cheap! Its football!
Alfus maybe you need to read this also to understand the other side instead of making an assumption based on sports overtime or something. I know you didn't watch the game due to the fact that you hate the Bengals.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...10386/1066

Here is a picture that tells a lot about the hit also!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...=Itemnr=15
BelfryJustice Wrote:Alfus maybe you need to read this also to understand the other side instead of making an assumption based on sports overtime or something. I know you didn't watch the game due to the fact that you hate the Bengals.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...10386/1066

Here is a picture that tells a lot about the hit also!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...=Itemnr=15

What are you talking about? I don't even have Sports Overtime. I did watch the game, and I was just saying that you all need not brag on a hit that wasn't even that mean. It's easy to hit a QB while sliding. If every defensive player in the league was as classless as Geathers they could lay those so called "mean" hits every game.

Thanks for posting things from the Cincinatti News paper. I'm sure they're not biased towards the Bengals or anything.

Geathers had no regrets, because he was taunting and celebrating after he put Green out. I know you saw that, because everybody did.
BFritz Wrote:first off, the hit, if he doesn't dive to stop Green then Green picks up another yard or two and gets the first down.

He's down when he slides. QB's dont have to be hit when they're already down. The NFL tries to protect the QB's of the league, not have them hurt.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I disagree with you my friend. Both were legal hits with bad results. I never said that either were cheap! Its football!

I was referring to the 1,000 times Fritz has said the hit on Palmer was cheap, dirty, and illegal.
alfus21 Wrote:What are you talking about? I don't even have Sports Overtime. I did watch the game, and I was just saying that you all need not brag on a hit that wasn't even that mean. It's easy to hit a QB while sliding. If every defensive player in the league was as classless as Geathers they could lay those so called "mean" hits every game.

Thanks for posting things from the Cincinatti News paper. I'm sure they're not biased towards the Bengals or anything.

Geathers had no regrets, because he was taunting and celebrating after he put Green out. I know you saw that, because everybody did.

Its not like the picture would be different if in a KC Newspaper.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Its not like the picture would be different if in a KC Newspaper.

That picture didn't show or prove anything. I was more referring to the article.
Originally Posted by alfus21
I like this thread, and will love counting down the days until Larry Johnson runs for 200 yards on the Bungals, and Palmer limps out on the field trying to be a hero and throws 5 interceptions...

Well lets see here LJ ran for around 76-78 yards and Palmer never threw 5 ints.

Also when I said that he hasnt woke up yet I was talking about all the Non Bengal fans who did nothing but trash them and say how bad that KC was going to run over top of them. And yes it was a nasty hit that Green took.

All by the way here is a link to were all you guys said the bengals would go down against KC.,
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ht=bengals
Batpuff Wrote:Originally Posted by alfus21
I like this thread, and will love counting down the days until Larry Johnson runs for 200 yards on the Bungals, and Palmer limps out on the field trying to be a hero and throws 5 interceptions...

Well lets see here LJ ran for around 76-78 yards and Palmer never threw 5 ints.

Also when I said that he hasnt woke up yet I was talking about all the Non Bengal fans who did nothing but trash them and say how bad that KC was going to run over top of them. And yes it was a nasty hit that Green took.

All by the way here is a link to were all you guys said the bengals would go down against KC.,
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ht=bengals

Larry Johnson did have 148 yards on 22 touches. Not a bad game by any means. He goes for nearly 200 every other time he plays the Bengals so why not predict it there? If Green stays in the game, he gets more touches and more yardage so that's fine if you want to make fun of me for that.

I was being facetious by saying Palmer would throw 5 ints. He didn't exactly light the world on fire vs. one of the worst pass defenses in football.
alfus21 Wrote:Larry Johnson did have 148 yards on 22 touches. Not a bad game by any means. He goes for nearly 200 every other time he plays the Bengals so why not predict it there? If Green stays in the game, he gets more touches and more yardage so that's fine if you want to make fun of me for that.

I was being facetious by saying Palmer would throw 5 ints. He didn't exactly light the world on fire vs. one of the worst pass defenses in football.

Actually, if Green stays in the game, they probly throw more and LJ gets less touches. Don't think so? Ok, if Green stays in the game they throw down the field to receivers more and less short passes to LJ or over the middle passes to LJ. Aside from that, 80 yards of his 148 you mentioned were receiving, which isn't the same as you stating that he would run all over them. Furthermore, almost all, if not all, of his passes were thrown down field or somewhere in the flats, which just about any decent receiver could catch those balls and get those yards.
BFritz Wrote:Actually, if Green stays in the game, they probly throw more and LJ gets less touches. Don't think so? Ok, if Green stays in the game they throw down the field to receivers more and less short passes to LJ or over the middle passes to LJ. Aside from that, 80 yards of his 148 you mentioned were receiving, which isn't the same as you stating that he would run all over them. Furthermore, almost all, if not all, of his passes were thrown down field or somewhere in the flats, which just about any decent receiver could catch those balls and get those yards.

That was nearly impossible to follow. If Green stays in the game the offense runs more efficient resulting in a more smooth flowing offense and he knows where to find LJ a lot easier than Duane Huard who hadn't thrown an NFL pass since the year 2000. It's common sense that LJ is a receiving back, and we you catch a ball at the line of scrimmage and run it 80 yards it's still running all over them. The last sentence you said didn't make sense to me so I can't respond to it.
Alfus21 do you think the Bengals looked like a team that could cause some problems this year? I am not asking to be smart. I would just like to see what someone thinks about them that don't like them. Because Bengals fans like any other fans can be bias to their team!
BelfryJustice Wrote:Alfus21 do you think the Bengals looked like a team that could cause some problems this year? I am not asking to be smart. I would just like to see what someone thinks about them that don't like them. Because Bengals fans like any other fans can be bias to their team!

Yeah they should cause some problems. They didn't look bad or anything and they do have a great offense, and a good looking schedule, along with a playmaker or two on defense.
I read where when Palmer got hurt last year Green was one of the first people to call him.The hit looked bad but the guy was being aggressive and just made the play with no thought or intent on hurting him.The NFL will rule on this by Saturday but I dont see why.
I am a diehard Steeler fan and have been for 46 years.The Bengals to me are the team to beat.They got too many WVU players for it not to worry me,hehe.I thought the bengals would have beat Pittsburgh if not for the injury to Palmer, but after Pittsburgh beat Indy,they became a team destined to be the champs.One for the thumb guys.Because of injuries its almost a joke to predict who will be standing when there is only two teams left.Dont you all agree?