Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands Fieldhouse and Rennovations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Approval for a $7.3M three phase plan to add a Fieldhouse with Turf will break ground within the next three months. The plan is to have the Fieldhouse built in Death Valley and completed by this time next year. HHS will also be opening up the gym and pushing out the lobby to make room for an improved concession stand, restrooms and updated seating.

Finally, and something that is bittersweet to me, but the "Cave" in the basement will be completely gutted and modernized. For anyone who has ever been into the Birds weight-room, it is something from an ancient past. A separate weight-room will be built and something that I absolutely love, will be a public fitness center built alongside the weight-room.

I really think this is an awesome direction by the District and the community that so ardently supports their school.

I will sure be a totally different look walking up to the Football entrance and seeing the Valley virtually filled in. For those of us who coached in the Ft. Thomas football league, and going into that valley after Dale would pull his players off from practice will sure feel odd. There was a lot of sweat and blood left in that valley, but it is sure cool to see the improvements. Seeing what we have done a Campbell County, this is great to see the Birds get to experience the clean improvements!
If any basketball gym needed it, Highlands' did. Excited to see this.
^ Amen, the Basketball facilities needed this revamp 25 years ago....
This should look pretty cool when it's done, congrats Ft. Thomas
Let us know when the get a visual of what it looks like.
That is great news!
Now if only the parking situation can be improved. For those that have never been to FTH, the school is in the city and has little to no room to expand facilities/parking. Death Valley may have been the last piece of land available for any expansion.
HHS should model there stadium after Harlan County? It is thes best in the state! Cam would be a close second.
Stardust Wrote:Approval for a $7.3M three phase plan to add a Fieldhouse with Turf will break ground within the next three months. The plan is to have the Fieldhouse built in Death Valley and completed by this time next year. HHS will also be opening up the gym and pushing out the lobby to make room for an improved concession stand, restrooms and updated seating.

Finally, and something that is bittersweet to me, but the "Cave" in the basement will be completely gutted and modernized. For anyone who has ever been into the Birds weight-room, it is something from an ancient past. A separate weight-room will be built and something that I absolutely love, will be a public fitness center built alongside the weight-room.

I really think this is an awesome direction by the District and the community that so ardently supports their school.

I will sure be a totally different look walking up to the Football entrance and seeing the Valley virtually filled in. For those of us who coached in the Ft. Thomas football league, and going into that valley after Dale would pull his players off from practice will sure feel odd. There was a lot of sweat and blood left in that valley, but it is sure cool to see the improvements. Seeing what we have done a Campbell County, this is great to see the Birds get to experience the clean improvements!

I'm going to miss Death Valley though. Never did fall on my arse on the way down when off the path :big grin:. A lot of good memories. On to progress and looking forward to the next phase. :Thumbs:
kybred Wrote:That is great news!
Now if only the parking situation can be improved. For those that have never been to FTH, the school is in the city and has little to no room to expand facilities/parking. Death Valley may have been the last piece of land available for any expansion.

I've never understood the complaints about parking. Even on the biggest football night of the year the walk is never more than a few minutes, and it's not like you have to walk through the west end of Newport.

Well, in the past it wasn't like walking through the west end of Newport. Lately..........I don't know.
Daddycat27 Wrote:HHS should model there stadium after Harlan County? It is thes best in the state! Cam would be a close second.

Google 2400 Memorial Pkwy, 41075 and take a look at the land locked situation.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2400+Memorial+Pkwy,+41075&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8841b1c2916e38ff:0xee7cb97628b5c6c5,2400+Memorial+Pkwy,+Fort+Thomas,+KY+41075&gl=us&ei=mViWUvX3DqjQsASaxYHABw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA
It should be a show place.
WOW :truestory:
Break out the chain saws and cut down those trees.