Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All Public School Championship Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it possible?

Privates Left:
2A DeSales vs. Murray
2A NewCath vs. Somerset
4A LexCath vs. Highlands

Highlands has to be the heavy favorite in 4A...can Somerset and Murray somehow put all the Private vs. Public non-sense to bed that has been around for years?
Nope it will unfortunately it will continue
It will unfortunately continue
DeSales will probably play and beat NewCath giving us 1 private champion out of 6.
I have often wondered how it would be if we had a private school state playoff. And a public school state playoff. Or an Independent / Private playoff and a public state playoff. Would be hard to do, but would lead to some very interesting games I'm sure.
You can keep wondering because independent schools are public too
I realize that. Just wondering how it could work out.
Why is it that Eastern Kentucky fans are the ones predominantely concerned about the "private/public" split? How many private schools are there in your area? How many do you directly compete with for students? How many do you directly compete w/ in your class? Just a lame excuse. Last I checked, it was the Eastern Kentucky Public schools that were under close scrutiny for players coming in. I'll let you in on a little secret, up here in NKY, most of the good teams are public. Highlands is better than NewCath and CovCath is better than Beechwood, but Beechwood is competitive.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Why is it that Eastern Kentucky fans are the ones predominantely concerned about the "private/public" split? How many private schools are there in your area? How many do you directly compete with for students? How many do you directly compete w/ in your class? Just a lame excuse. Last I checked, it was the Eastern Kentucky Public schools that were under close scrutiny for players coming in. I'll let you in on a little secret, up here in NKY, most of the good teams are public. Highlands is better than NewCath and CovCath is better than Beechwood, but Beechwood is competitive.

If you read the final line of EKU's post he calls it non-sense.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Why is it that Eastern Kentucky fans are the ones predominantely concerned about the "private/public" split? How many private schools are there in your area? How many do you directly compete with for students? How many do you directly compete w/ in your class? Just a lame excuse. Last I checked, it was the Eastern Kentucky Public schools that were under close scrutiny for players coming in. I'll let you in on a little secret, up here in NKY, most of the good teams are public. Highlands is better than NewCath and CovCath is better than Beechwood, but Beechwood is competitive.

You completely misread his post.
Why is it that you NKY, or greater Cincinnati area folks as you like to be called, have such a hard time with reading comprehension?

Y heck, don hur in EKY we ebin bein spellin stuf diffrunt and stil can cach the drift of a cazul convo.
Only retards do not understand that independants are public schools. Independents have not had an advantage since KERA changed how schools were funded. That is over 20 years ago.
Yes to the original question, it is possible.

Nailed it

I am soooooooooooooooooooo angry that the team I support is 6-0 against Privates over the past 9 years and that I can't even remember the last time they lost to a Private School in general.. I AM SO ANGRY...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...UNFAIR
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Nailed it

I am soooooooooooooooooooo angry that the team I support is 6-0 against Privates over the past 9 years and that I can't even remember the last time they lost to a Private School in general.. I AM SO ANGRY...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...UNFAIR

Misread your original post. My bad. Good answer to my post. As someone who lives sarcastically, I truly appreciate the sarcasm. I jumped the gun after reading the article in Somerset/Pulaski County's article. Should learn to read better.
Leonidas Wrote:Why is it that you NKY, or greater Cincinnati area folks as you like to be called, have such a hard time with reading comprehension?

Y heck, don hur in EKY we ebin bein spellin stuf diffrunt and stil can cach the drift of a cazul convo.

Not all folks here in NKY have issues w/ reading comprehension. Don't allow my shortcomings to paint a broad brush over all of NKY. Now Greater Cincinnati...paint away. You're talking Southeast Ohio and West Side Cincy in that group.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Misread your original post. My bad. Good answer to my post. As someone who lives sarcastically, I truly appreciate the sarcasm. I jumped the gun after reading the article in Somerset/Pulaski County's article. Should learn to read better.

No problem mon
30 going on 40 Wrote:Not all folks here in NKY have issues w/ reading comprehension. Don't allow my shortcomings to paint a broad brush over all of NKY. Now Greater Cincinnati...paint away. You're talking Southeast Ohio and West Side Cincy in that group.

Damn, that should say Southeast Indiana
fb fan Wrote:Nope it will unfortunately it will continue

ur right because this is an old yrConfusednicker:
Does it matter who wins out? Private, public or independence schools. In the words of Al Davis.... " Just Win Baby ".
If the government schools were successful in permanently separating themselves from the private schools in the playoffs, do they really believe that they would win a state championship? It would, of course, be a tainted trophy.

Some seem to be completely eaten up with their dislike (Hate?) of the private schools. Instead of the jealousy, why not set a goal of improving so that you can regularly compete with (Not just once in a while.) the private schools?

I realize that the government schools have been forced to adopt the mantra of social promotion, dumbing down the material, overdone self esteem over the "Three Rs", and teaching the tests. However, it would be a positive move to return to the days when the government schools, rather than existing on mediocrity or worse, sought to again achieve excellence. I realize too well that Frankfort, Washington, and the various and sundry public college schools of education, and the teachers's unions promote the present dependent philosophy. But, I would suggest that you government schools advocates need to retake control of your schools before everything goes down the drain.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If the government schools were successful in permanently separating themselves from the private schools in the playoffs, do they really believe that they would win a state championship? It would, of course, be a tainted trophy.

Some seem to be completely eaten up with their dislike (Hate?) of the private schools. Instead of the jealousy, why not set a goal of improving so that you can regularly compete with (Not just once in a while.) the private schools?

I realize that the government schools have been forced to adopt the mantra of social promotion, dumbing down the material, overdone self esteem over the "Three Rs", and teaching the tests. However, it would be a positive move to return to the days when the government schools, rather than existing on mediocrity or worse, sought to again achieve excellence. I realize too well that Frankfort, Washington, and the various and sundry public college schools of education, and the teachers's unions promote the present dependent philosophy. But, I would suggest that you government schools advocates need to retake control of your schools before everything goes down the drain.

Ray Atlee would call you a horses arse based on the above comments. Swallow your Grey Poupon and move on until next year!

The Catholic school machine in the super district is eating humble pie. Some handle it differently than others ( see Vonners above response ). Beyond the super district we all are aware of how tainted the Catholic schools are with increased enrollment over all divisions, recruiting efforts ( via friends of the program ) and what "blessed cost" it will come at.

I'm a fan of quality education, have many friends who have chosen the parochial path, also know there are many good public school systems, who provide better educations and life experience with chicks on campus at that :big grin:.

Tainted is someone who patronizes the efforts of the "public" school athletes who won over their Catholic school counterparts!

And by the way, " mantra of social promotion . " :hilarious: Pot-kettle.

Until next time Rico Suave!
30 going on 40 Wrote:Not all folks here in NKY have issues w/ reading comprehension. Don't allow my shortcomings to paint a broad brush over all of NKY. Now Greater Cincinnati...paint away. You're talking Southeast Ohio and West Side Cincy in that group.

It's cool you retracted, but I wish those from up your way would extend the same courtesy YOU ask - don't paint all EKY folks based on a post by anyone living east of Mt. Sterling.

:popcorn:
Spirit100 Wrote:Ray Atlee would call you a horses arse based on the above comments. Swallow your Grey Poupon and move on until next year!

The Catholic school machine in the super district is eating humble pie. Some handle it differently than others ( see Vonners above response ). Beyond the super district we all are aware of how tainted the Catholic schools are with increased enrollment over all divisions, recruiting efforts ( via friends of the program ) and what "blessed cost" it will come at.

I'm a fan of quality education, have many friends who have chosen the parochial path, also know there are many good public school systems, who provide better educations and life experience with chicks on campus at that :big grin:.

Tainted is someone who patronizes the efforts of the "public" school athletes who won over their Catholic school counterparts!

And by the way, " mantra of social promotion . " :hilarious: Pot-kettle.

Until next time Rico Suave!

I suspect you are not well versed in regard to the present state of the government education system in the Commonwealth. If you were, you wouldn't have posted so many erroneous "facts". Of course, with many in the government educational system, facts, regardless of truth, are whatever you choose them to be at any given time.

And, to offer an olive branch, let me add that Simon Kenton is probably a scintilla above the normal government school operation.:Thumbs:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I suspect you are not well versed in regard to the present state of the government education system in the Commonwealth. If you were, you wouldn't have posted so many erroneous "facts". Of course, with many in the government educational system, facts, regardless of truth, are whatever you choose them to be at any given time.

And, to offer an olive branch, let me add that Simon Kenton is probably a scintilla above the normal government school operation.:Thumbs:

Olive branch, here is olive oil. Ray Atlee ( circa John Grisham protagonist ) is disappointed. I would expect more HRV.

Again you dishonor the achievements of student-athletes who won over their Catholic school counterparts on the gridiron. It's a hs football thread. Based on your above comments football teams have adapted and overcomed their "government educational system" shortfalls by winning against St. X, Trinity.

Hang in there bud, hate to see what follows potential other Catholic school losses. Happy Thanksgiving!

PS- By the way, my NKY public brethren and I place bets, cut up, and have fun ( many Catholics partake as well, all us "Believers in Christ" are in this together is our motto )! I would put many "public" AP classes up against the parochial schools and for a greater return on investment :Thumbs:. I really hope NCC wins for your peace of mind!
Spirit100 Wrote:Olive branch, here is olive oil. Ray Atlee ( circa John Grisham protagonist ) is disappointed. I would expect more HRV.

Again you dishonor the achievements of student-athletes who won over their Catholic school counterparts on the gridiron. It's a hs football thread. Based on your above comments football teams have adapted and overcomed their "government educational system" shortfalls by winning against St. X, Trinity.

Hang in there bud, hate to see what follows potential other Catholic school losses. Happy Thanksgiving!

PS- By the way, my NKY public brethren and I place bets, cut up, and have fun ( many Catholics partake as well, all us "Believers in Christ" are in this together is our motto )! I would put many "public" AP classes up against the parochial schools and for a greater return on investment :Thumbs:. I really hope NCC wins for your peace of mind!

One should be loyal to his environment. Good for you.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:One should be loyal to his environment. Good for you.

Aw shucks….it's good for all of us. Might even invite you out to join us commoners and grow perspective.

Ever care to "downgrade" to craft or even domestic beer let me know. Might be the mental enema required to help you cope through ingenuity on the "public" level.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving, be mindful of Baggy Suggs" swill. We wouldn't serve that to you!
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If the government schools were successful in permanently separating themselves from the private schools in the playoffs, do they really believe that they would win a state championship? It would, of course, be a tainted trophy.

How very "Christian" of you to point out all of the social ills perpetuated by those public school buffoons!

Besides, sexual abuse and subservience to a corrupt institution is such a small price to pay for a "real" education, eh?

Bravo!

Are you really saying that if there was the separation of schools into classifications for a reason other than size would make the the state championship trophy tainted?

If that is the case, then one can infer that trophy's won when the whole state is not involved in the process are tainted. Thus, all of the state Class AAA championship trophies won before 1975 are tainted. Before 1975, to be in class AAA required the school to be physically located in Jefferson County, a separation from the remainder of the state for a reason other than size. Some of the largest schools in the state were not in Jefferson County. Thus to list the non-tainted trophies, we can take 3 away from Trinity's total making them have only 19, take 3 away from St. Xavier making them have only 9, take 3 away from Male giving them only 3, eliminate all of Flaget's (3), Seneca's (1), Thomas Jefferson's (1), Manual's (2) and Butler's (1). There were Class A and AA teams in Jefferson County, so those of the non-Jefferson County schools will still stand.

I don't think that those schools mentioned above, especially Trinity, Male and St. Xavier consider their trophies tainted.

Why, after reading this, do I feel the same way I do when talking to a used car salesman? Hmmm

It's that haughtiness that you demonstrate. You give the appearance of lecturing down to people. In other words, you come off as an effete snob, sir. Pikeville is an independent school system, not private, and therefore I guess you can lump us in with the rest of the "government" schools as you so eloquently label us. I'd put our education, test scores, and achievements right up there against your school systems without a second thought. By the way, don't look now, but if I'm not mistaken, there is a least one school system in Northern Kentucky that has a Pikeville High School graduate as the superintendent.

We must, of course, teach to the tests. Government mandated and all, you know. Of course, those fine Catholic schools, in order to be accredited, must also meet the same standards. GASP. That would mean.... No, it is unimaginable. They have to teach to the same educational standards? The horror! Such high and bright minds taught to the same minimum standards as those of us who bask amongst the great unwashed?
Pages: 1 2 3