Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Posers!!

Well, I don't usually start many threads. But with it down to the semi's and all the heated discussions, I thought I would start a thread and ask. Who do you all think was the biggest posers of the year? Alot of fans bragging on their teams at the beginning of year some never let up. Now that we are down to the final 4 in each class who do you have. If you are sensitive I would suggest not reading the thread. If my team was beat out and it very well could happen Friday, then have at them. I will post my list later when I break down the top poser from each class and then the "king of Posers" so to speak. This thread will probably get heated and might even get took down. Just couldn't help myself. Wanted to do it last year. You also have a right to defend the team you think don't belong on list. It would probably be good to set up some ground rules. If someone wants to help out.
I'll start off with 2A... for me it had to be Middlesboro. They were built up to be world beaters, especially after they beat Bell. Tell the truth about it, I was starting to believe they were going to Bowling Green myself.
My 4A poser would have to go to Johnson Central. I found myself rooting for them through out the year even after they beat Belfry. I honestly bought into the hype and just knew they would bring home a title. They demolished everyone in their way and put up running clocks and broke records looked like world beaters. Only to get throttled by a down CovCath team..well down by Highlands fans anyway. lol
My 5A as bad as I like them and their fans would have to be Harlan County. Ranked high early and came out with the "filthy animal defense" talk. As a Belfry fan, I honestly though we were going to get spanked reading the thread. When Belfry won, I thought, maybe it was a fluke. Then Johnson Central spanked them and It made me think that Belfry and Johnson Central were better than I thought. HC helped build up my 4A poser so to speak. They took 3 big loses and then started coming back to the front only to get beat out again.
Codwell County was feelin pretty high and mighty.
My 6A poser would have to be Trinity...well, because they are Trinity and they are expected to win.
Tica Wrote:Codwell County was feelin pretty high and mighty.

I actually contemplated Caldwell County, but Middlesboro edged them a little for me. I guess it's a mountain thing. :biggrin: Honestly the fan talk is alot of the reasoning in my personal rankings.
117 views and everybody scared to post what they think. Sad!:biggrin:
Where's your 1-A Crossbones?
I haven't came up with 1A and 3A just yet. Been thinking on them.
More than likely it will be Fairview in 1A. And everybody knows why. lol. They were built up in one year and destroyed by their own doing the next.
Yes, in 1A my pick goes to Fairview. Sad, just sad. If ya going to cheat, atleast do a better job at covering it up. The whole lot of them where cheating posers to say the least. You heard from several fairview fans about how great they where and going to be in bowling green. Then after the scandal, well to tell ya the truth cant remember seeing many of them posting.
I thought Whitley would go .500 Confusednicker:
The thing is though..they didn't pose to be world beaters.
^
Oh yes. Well then Harlan County USA gets my vote Confusednicker:
Now, on to 3A. As of right now. My vote will go to Corbin. They were built up pretty good until the first Wayne County lose. It was a close game and they still came out looking good. Then they lose to Bell. Well everybody said Bell was just improving, Ok, maybe they are. Then they build up the rematch only to get dismantled by Wayne.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Oh yes. Well then Harlan County USA gets my vote Confusednicker:

Is that your overall pick or just 5A?
I'm sure my list will change as the year wraps up. Heck, I might even have to put my own team on it. Ya just never know.
As of right now, my "king of Posers" will have to go to.............:1:

Johnson Central...there were more people on this site and probably the state picking them to win it all an "finally put Highlands in their place" only not to even make it out of the region. They dismantled lesser opponents all year, even my team, putting up big numbers and having fans complain about records being broke and so on and so forth. They really looked good playing the part, there is no doubt. Until they finally beat the NKY demons, they will always be posers.
Crossbones Wrote:Is that your overall pick or just 5A?

They are my "all-world" pick Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They are my "all-world" pick Confusednicker:

Now wait a min. wasn't you on that filthy animal defense bandwagon in the Belfry Harlan County thread?Confusedhh::biggrin:
Crossbones Wrote:Now wait a min. wasn't you on that filthy animal defense bandwagon in the Belfry Harlan County thread?Confusedhh::biggrin:

Only to make the Belfry faithful upset Confusednicker:
Hey Crossbones your thread is coming off as a little negative, Middesboro and Johnson Central had great seasons. I understand winning the state title is what you see as the mark of a great season, but not all teams have that tradition or have the talent to do so. Middesboro has not won a title since 1998 or Johnson Central has not ever won one, so many people was really expecting them to win it all yet. Trinity as great of a program as they are, can't be expected to win the title every year. For a lot of programs just getting to the region finals is a great year, so Trinity didn't have a bad season. I know that the expectations are very high there at Trinity because of what the program has done the last 10 to 12 years and decades before that, but history tell us that Trinity may have some down years here and there before they make a another long run. I think Crossbones we just need to define what a poser is? I am not here to put down your thread, I think you are making a great point about teams not going as far as people hope they would and how good is the team really at the end of the day.
Crossbones Wrote:Now wait a min. wasn't you on that filthy animal defense bandwagon in the Belfry Harlan County thread?Confusedhh::biggrin:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Only to make the Belfry faithful upset Confusednicker:

BOTH of you guys can take a flying leap!!!

You know full well that no one can post issues on the game threads because they're accused of making "excuses". I also hate to post that stuff, because the team that you played takes it personally...like they weren't good enough to win the game. So explanations can get a little testy sometimes.

Harlan County had it's problems, and it started out pre-season. Really really peaked the night of the Johnson Central game. Then Greeneville, TN! Three losses in a row, mid-season. Morale was lower than a snake's belly.

We fought back though, and I am very proud of what they accomplished!!! It's difficult to lose 4 starters from the defensive team within two weeks. And at play off time, too. Some of the O-line had to step up and play both ways. Which lead to more criticism.

So you can complain about "posing" all you want. As usual, you don't have a clue as to the facts behind the problems!!
Let me pick 3A Corbin all I heard all year is how great this team was and they are still posting that Wayne beat a very good Corbin team. they have been impersonating a very good team all year
Granny I agree, the biggest poser may be Crossbones. If you don't win a State Championship you are a poser? Not very bright or knowledgeable. The teams you listed had great seasons, much better than the year before. Most of the teams in the state would have like to have had the same success. For someone to try to take something away from that, not very knowledgeable of the game or football in general.

I would like to congratulate those teams and players for a great season!!! And for giving us great games to watch and talk about on this board.
foxbatone Wrote:Hey Crossbones your thread is coming off as a little negative, Middesboro and Johnson Central had great seasons. I understand winning the state title is what you see as the mark of a great season, but not all teams have that tradition or have the talent to do so. Middesboro has not won a title since 1998 or Johnson Central has not ever won one, so many people was really expecting them to win it all yet. Trinity as great of a program as they are, can't be expected to win the title every year. For a lot of programs just getting to the region finals is a great year, so Trinity didn't have a bad season. I know that the expectations are very high there at Trinity because of what the program has done the last 10 to 12 years and decades before that, but history tell us that Trinity may have some down years here and there before they make a another long run. I think Crossbones we just need to define what a poser is? I am not here to put down your thread, I think you are making a great point about teams not going as far as people hope they would and how good is the team really at the end of the day.
Yes, I know that it is coming off a little negative and is meant to be in a way I guess. My "poser" definition would be of a team that a fan base built up and bragged them up to the point that you yourself stated to believe it or it just got on your nerves. Then after all was said and done they where not as good as made out to be. As far as Trinity goes, my only reason for picking them is they where always put in the rankings even after taking a lose.
Granny Bear Wrote:BOTH of you guys can take a flying leap!!!

You know full well that no one can post issues on the game threads because they're accused of making "excuses". I also hate to post that stuff, because the team that you played takes it personally...like they weren't good enough to win the game. So explanations can get a little testy sometimes.

Harlan County had it's problems, and it started out pre-season. Really really peaked the night of the Johnson Central game. Then Greeneville, TN! Three losses in a row, mid-season. Morale was lower than a snake's belly.

We fought back though, and I am very proud of what they accomplished!!! It's difficult to lose 4 starters from the defensive team within two weeks. And at play off time, too. Some of the O-line had to step up and play both ways. Which lead to more criticism.

So you can complain about "posing" all you want. As usual, you don't have a clue as to the facts behind the problems!!
Now Granny, I said in the first post some might get offended and that I even liked Harlan County and their fans. That is the beauty of this thread. Defend them. Give the reasons you don't think they belong and who you think should. You can't tell me there wasn't a team or atleast fan base of a team that built up their team only to not be as great as made out to be.
So as a fan base do not get excited about our team. I guess we at Bell should not say anything about how good we are going to be next year, because we were so young this year. If we don't win state we will be posers.

If you want to rag fans do that, not teams, especially those that had great turnarounds or great seasons. The teams you listed were a total of 54-17, Trinity was 6-5.

WOW and we are talking negative about them.
JC 11-1
HC 8-4
Corbin 9-3
Mboro 9-3
Caldwell 11-1
Trinity 6-5 (Look at schedule) never thought I would defend them)
WhyLie Wrote:Granny I agree, the biggest poser may be Crossbones. If you don't win a State Championship you are a poser? Not very bright or knowledgeable. The teams you listed had great seasons, much better than the year before. Most of the teams in the state would have like to have had the same success. For someone to try to take something away from that, not very knowledgeable of the game or football in general.

I would like to congratulate those teams and players for a great season!!! And for giving us great games to watch and talk about on this board.

Blah Blah Blah. You need thicker skin..I said in first post if you couldn't take it, then don't read the thread. There are other threads for those that are sensitive. Go back and read every post I have made. Not once did I brag up that my team would blow out everybody they would play and not once did I say we would win state. Heck, I even posted that I was surprised we made it this far.:dontthink Your team must be on one of my picks. Sorry:Sad04: I have no problem congratulating all those teams and players for a great season.:rockon:
WhyLie Wrote:So as a fan base do not get excited about our team. I guess we at Bell should not say anything about how good we are going to be next year, because we were so young this year. If we don't win state we will be posers.

If you want to rag fans do that, not teams, especially those that had great turnarounds or great seasons. The teams you listed were a total of 54-17, Trinity was 6-5.

WOW and we are talking negative about them.
JC 11-1
HC 8-4
Corbin 9-3
Mboro 9-3
Caldwell 11-1
Trinity 6-5 (Look at schedule) never thought I would defend them)

If you brag them up to be state champs and they don't even make it to the region, then yes. I guess you are right about what I'm trying to post. The posers would be the fan base and not so much the teams in general. I should have clarified that better. Maybe a little of both. Go back and read the threads from the bigging of the year until now. See how things have changed and how some of the fans that where pulling chains are not even on here posting now. I said in first post to defend away at why you though they shouldn't be on the list and you are doing just that. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3