Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: One Foot in the Pan the Other in the Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even Shakespeare couldn't have come up with a play that could rival the current Comedy of Errors playing out on America's national stage. Pundits and prognosticators predicted that things would go awry for this administration to some degree in the second term. But, never in their wildest imagination could one have guessed that even Iran would be laughing us to scorn.

So far, the uniter-in-chief has fallen somewhat short of his 2007 prediction;
MANCHESTER, N.H., Aug. 14 -- "Drawing a sharp contrast with Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, his main rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, Sen. Barack Obama said in an interview that he has the capacity she may lack to unify the country and move it out of what he called "ideological gridlock."

"I think it is fair to say that I believe I can bring the country together more effectively than she can," Obama said. "
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...01939.html

HUH?

But let us return to foreign policy. (why even bother to belabor the national discussion on domestic policy, LOL?) Never in all my days have I ever heard the US Congress so roundly critical of US foreign policy, publically going on record in opposition within mere hours of the announcement of the (deal?) Sec of State Kerry signed with Iran around 3 am last night. Sen. Lindsey Graham said Monday that despite the Obama administration's interim deal with Iran the Senate would pass a bipartisan measure forcing sanctions against the rogue nation until its nuclear capability has been completely dismantled.

According to The Washington Free Beacon, the South Carolina Republican said on CNN's "New Day" that sanctions will come out of Congress in the next couple of weeks to ensure Iran dismantles its reactor rather than suspends construction as the deal requires.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Iran-de...z2lhHHo5wN