Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Pikeville 11-23-13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Paintsville Tigers visited Pikeville today. Pikeville came away with a 72-49 win. Zach Huffman and Jake Hamilton had big second halves as Pikeville pulled away from the visiting Tigers. Former Pike Central player Gaige Ray had 6 pts, 11 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 assist for the Panthers. Blaine May did a nice job of filling in at point guard for an injured Ryder Johnson and Cody Charles came off the bench and sparked the Panthers with scoring and defense. Nice win for the Panthers, I think they have Cordia next week, should be interesting!!!!:popcorn:
Cordia will kill Pikeville
Warthog Wrote:Cordia will kill Pikeville

Great observation. maybe they will just cancel the scrimmage.
Cover3 Wrote:Great observation. maybe they will just cancel the scrimmage.

They should

I believe you are on to something
Lower ranked teams in 15th Region. Must of been exciting??
Hey folks, Cordia is loaded, they probably will destroy Pikeville. That is stating the obvious. Mr. Pugsley, it was exciting for the parents and fans of these two schools who were there to watch. By the way Pug, have you responded to #1 Blackcat fan yet? :biglmao:
Score?
What did paintsville big man look like ? Could he score or rebound ,
eagles2011 Wrote:What did paintsville big man look like ? Could he score or rebound ,
I guess you are talking about the blonde headed boy. That is who was guarding Huffman. Huffman pretty much had his way with him the second half, but the boy had some ability. I am sure he will get better as the year goes on.
Creeker Wrote:Score?
72-49, they actually played two 20 minute games. This is a combined score. First one was Pikeville 19 Paintsville 17.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I guess you are talking about the blonde headed boy. That is who was guarding Huffman. Huffman pretty much had his way with him the second half, but the boy had some ability. I am sure he will get better as the year goes on.
I was a paintsville for a grade school game they had a 6-9 boy thought he had black hair , might not be eligible yet , looked like he was big and fiscal , and could dunk real good , they said he came from perry county ,
The 6'9" kid is a new student. He is tall, but has zero basketball experience. He is a work in progress at best. Problem is, however, that he is a Junior. Maybe he will pick something up in JV games and be able to contribute later on in what looks like a long season for the Tigers.
eagles2011 Wrote:I was a paintsville for a grade school game they had a 6-9 boy thought he had black hair , might not be eligible yet , looked like he was big and fiscal , and could dunk real good , they said he came from perry county ,
The young may you are talking about played JV. He could dunk it anyway he wanted to in warmups. He is a work in progress, I will leave it at that.
Mountain Boy Wrote:The 6'9" kid is a new student. He is tall, but has zero basketball experience. He is a work in progress at best. Problem is, however, that he is a Junior. Maybe he will pick something up in JV games and be able to contribute later on in what looks like a long season for the Tigers.
I would say you are absolutely correct in your assessment.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:Hey folks, Cordia is loaded, they probably will destroy Pikeville. That is stating the obvious. Mr. Pugsley, it was exciting for the parents and fans of these two schools who were there to watch. By the way Pug, have you responded to #1 Blackcat fan yet? :biglmao:

No Mr. Pugsley has not responded.

After the statement he made I don't blame him. He is not armed with enough intelligence to get into that war. Confusednicker:
I was told Pikeville be lucky to win one game???? True???
BlueSky Wrote:I was told Pikeville be lucky to win one game???? True???
A quick glance at the Pikeville schedule shows Belfry, South Floyd, JBS, Pike Central twice. So I would think they will win at least one game, probably more. All kidding aside, I have heard concern expressed by some who are closer to the program than me. The thing is I don't think among the local teams that there is one who is completely hands down above the rest. Of the 6, Belfry and Phelps are down. Sv, Pc, ER and Pikeville could all beat one another on any given night. That just my opinion however.
THANKS for info, I appreciate it..