Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky @ Murray State 11/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RICHMOND, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University football team will try to conclude its 2013 season on a winning note as the Colonels travel to OVC rival Murray State. Game time is set for 1 p.m. ET.

Saturday's game can be seen for FREE on the OVC Digital Network.

The Colonels (6-5, 4-3 OVC) need a victory to finish the season with a winning record for the 35th time in the last 36 years. EKU's offense was held to a season-low 80 yards rushing against UT Martin last Saturday. Over the last two games, the Colonels have averaged just 95.5 yards rushing. In the first nine games of the year, Eastern put up 209 rushing yards per game.

Murray State has lost its last three games while averaging just 14.7 points per game in those contests. In the four games prior to that, the Racers were averaging almost 34 points per game.

The Colonels have won 11 of the last 12 meetings against Murray State while averaging almost 37 points per game in the victories. Last year, the Colonels rung up season highs in total offense (666 yards) and rushing (372) in the 55-24 win.

http://www.ekusports.com
What is opinions on the direction of EKU football? Also, seems like the QB position the last several years has been very average
Walt is the EKU insider for BGR's. He has inside access. He may share his views with us. Personally, I figured this year would not be great because there were a lot of key position players on offense that had to be replaced. I did not expect the lopsided loss to Jacksonville St. I also did not expect last weeks loss. Also IMO there was no excuse for not winning the OVC last year. Those are just my opinions. Next year may be great though. GO COLONELS!!!!!!
I'm over in Murray tonight. Kyle Romano will get the start at quarterback tomorrow instead of Jared McClain. Good move in my opinion. McClain hasn't been as good as I expected this season--he seems to take too long to decide what to do with the ball and lets the defense get in on him before trying to take off and run. By starting Romano you get a chance to see what you have in him. If he plays well after getting starters reps in practice then you go to spring practice with competition at the quarterback spot. That should push them both to get better. I anticipated 6-8 wins this season after having to replace the starting quarterback, leading rusher and 2 leading receivers from last season in addition to 2 really good linemen. I was, however, disappointed with the performances the last 2 weeks. After the beatdown of TSU I thought we had a real chance to win out.
I think the defense plays well today and the offense is able to run the ball on the Racers. I'll pick EKU to finish the season at 7-5 and take down Murray State 28-10.