Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Computer Troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having troubles with my laptop. Is there a way I can just reset my whole computer and take everything off of it? Because I have nothing on it considering I only had the computer since Christmas.
Your going to have to give some more info.
What is it and what its OS (operating system)
It is a Dell Intel.
Windows 7?
Also, is it because you have a virus and your computer is running slow, or do you just want to reset it back to factory setting and start over?
It has Windows 8 on it. And every time I click on a thread or anything a new window opens with ads. It's really starting to get aggravating. So I was wondering could I just reset the whole computer and make it as if it was brand new? I already have all my stuff that I want on here saved to a flash drive. So I'm ready to fix this stupid thing. I hate it!!
I have the same dang trouble to. Would love to know how to get rid of those ads also.
Its sounds like you are both infected with adware and a popup blocker wont do anything about it. Instead of doing something major and since you are using Windows 8, you can go in and use windows defender to scan your computer and delete malicious software (adware, spyware, etc.)

If that doesn't work, you could always use things like malwarebytes and download it. Its what I have on my computer, and ive never had any trouble.

If all else fails and you become aggravated, do you have your system backed up? You could always restore your computer, but I would try the above first. It wont take long for something like malwarebytes to eat that stuff up.
But, the first step I would try is you windows defender that's already on your computer. Run a scan with it and see what comes up. If that doesn't seem to solve anything, Id go with malwarebytes, and if that doesn't work, Id just back your computer up to whatever date it was clean.

If you need any other help, WildctK23 is pretty good on computers. Im sure he wouldn't mind to help walk you all threw something.
BTW, what are the pop up ads for? And does it take over the page your viewing and redirect you, or does a whole new window pop up.
Spud, most dell laptops have a factory reset Option. Usually tap f11 when you first turn the computer on.

Just google how to factory reset your dell model. It's very simple.
^
Or do this Confusednicker:
I do think different Dells have different operations though.

Depending on what OS you have, you could have to push ALT and F8, F10, or F11.

It more or less walks you through the rest.
You all are so smart!

I have a Dell laptop, and use malwarebytes because it was installed on my work computer, so I'm pretty sure it's good.

Wink

I have a great computer guy here at work!!