Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Central 26 Breathitt County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Breathitt County had it 4 & 1 deep inside Pike Central territory but the running back (Gilbert) slips as he goes to make his cut and gets stopped short of the first down...
Huge win for PC's program to get the Breathitt bug behind them... a whole different kind of monster awaits though
Congrats to PC.
will Chapman get to coach next week or what?
cuppett777 Wrote:will Chapman get to coach next week or what?

Why wouldn't he?
He got ejected this game.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Why wouldn't he?

hes know for not playing nice,lol
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Why wouldn't he?

Got ejected inbetween the 1st & 2nd quarter for arguing with the refs.....Pretty sure he has to sit out 1, maybe 2 games. I'll check on that and get back with everyone.
WOW....according to KHSAA rules, any coach or non-player that gets ejected must be suspended for a minimum of 3 games.

"8) Following the date of ejection, there shall be a minimum three additional games/ meets/contests suspension for any coach or
non-player ejected from a contest"

http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20132014/bylaw15.pdf

Bottom of page one (link above) on the right hand side..
Strikeout King Wrote:WOW....according to KHSAA rules, any coach or non-player that gets ejected must be suspended for a minimum of 3 games.

"8) Following the date of ejection, there shall be a minimum three additional games/ meets/contests suspension for any coach or
non-player ejected from a contest"

http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20132014/bylaw15.pdf

Bottom of page one (link above) on the right hand side..

So does this mean, that he's not only suspended from next week's game with Belfry (but if Pike Central loses) does he have to sit out two more games at the beginning of next season?
Congrats to the Hawks!
Have they ever made the Region Finals? I'm out of the loop so idk much of recent history lol I know I will be cheering for them against Belfry! (No disrespect Pirate fans).
Strikeout King Wrote:Got ejected inbetween the 1st & 2nd quarter for arguing with the refs.....Pretty sure he has to sit out 1, maybe 2 games. I'll check on that and get back with everyone.

When was the last time anyone seen a coach get ejected during a playoff run in football??? Not sure I've ever seen it.. I know it happens from time to time in basketball but not during the playoffs.
Where was the other coaches? Didn't they trying to calm him down or what?
Chapmans antics are starting to wear thin on the PC faithful. I've talked to many folks @ PC who tell me he's wearing out his welcome up there real fast!
If Belfry beats Pike Central then JPC will have to sit out the first two regular season games of next season. It will be the same for him if he is at another program or if he is an assistant somewhere. We cover this stuff in the rules clinic at the beginning of the season. It looks like they played better AFTER he was tossed. Was this a play on his kids emotions and something to "Get them fired up" or was this something where he just lost it?
Wow, big win for PCC!
From my understanding listening on the radio Chapman was just arguing the call of roughing the passer. Argument did not last very long before the ejection. The refs in the playoffs don't like to put up with much. I commend the young defensive coordinator for stepping up. WJSN said he played at Breathitt so I know he knows football. He coached last year under Holcomb they said so what happened there? Seems like a good person too if he was hugging the old Breathitt players he helped coach the last two years when the time was running out. As for Chapman I know he knows the game but geez man it is the playoffs. Good win for the PC program to get over the Jackson hump but guess what the Pond Creek Nation is waiting and this isn't gonna be a game where Belfry turns it over.
ataclance Wrote:Wow, big win for PCC!

Not so big in 2014
Baseball12 Wrote:From my understanding listening on the radio Chapman was just arguing the call of roughing the passer. Argument did not last very long before the ejection. The refs in the playoffs don't like to put up with much. I commend the young defensive coordinator for stepping up. WJSN said he played at Breathitt so I know he knows football. He coached last year under Holcomb they said so what happened there? Seems like a good person too if he was hugging the old Breathitt players he helped coach the last two years when the time was running out. As for Chapman I know he knows the game but geez man it is the playoffs. Good win for the PC program to get over the Jackson hump but guess what the Pond Creek Nation is waiting and this isn't gonna be a game where Belfry turns it over.

Coach Combs is a good guy and the kids liked him when he was a BHS. He couldn't get a teaching job in the district. He played football at BHS and later at the University of the Cumberlands. As for Chapman, well, he's not worth the effort it took to type this comment. I'm not so sure I'd let my son play for him. He is degrading and can be down right mean to the boys on his teams. He's probably the reason the PCC roster is as small as it is. Kids have to really love the game to put up with his antics.
Played for Chapman and loved every minute of it.
The kids play hard for chapman.
Bgrfan12 Wrote:The kids play hard for chapman.

....And right when they need him the most, he's not going to be there because he can't control himself long enough....
Congratulations to Breathitt County for a fine 2013 season, you guys started out rather bleak but really turned it on in the 2nd half of the season.

They definitely made Pike Central earn this victory.

As for PC, looked a little bit sluggish offensively which is somewhat unusual for this team. Instead, it was the defense that really stepped us and played very well overall.

I thought for sure this game was looking very, very similar to the Perry Central game for Pike Central as Breathitt County was driving downfield with little time remaining. But a huge, huge clutch 4 & 1 stop deep in PC territory secured the victory for Pike Central.

This will be the 2nd time in school history that Pike Central has reached the regional championship game.
Kudos to the Hawks !!!

I'm starting to believe football is really taking hold at Pike Central... That's nothing but GREAT news for football in EKY overall.

:Thumbs:
^ That is an excellent point. While Chapman certainly has baggage that doesn't always put the program in the best light, the product on the field is steadily improving. After all , Pike Central still being discussed in week 3.
The officials were pretty bad all night long. In a playoff game, it should take much more before tossing a coach. FWIW, the call on the field of roughing the passer was the incorrect call. The ball was tipped by a lineman and intercepted before the QB was hit. It was a legal block and the QB was hit in order to give the defensive lineman a chance to run the ball back.

An official may not ever admit to his mistake, but tossing a coach in a playoff game on a call that was controversial at best is crazy. The officiating committee should review this game. 3 games for arguing a bad call is a little extreme in my book. Especially since they didn't give Chapman a warning or anything. He was tossed extremely quick.
Baseball12 Wrote:From my understanding listening on the radio Chapman was just arguing the call of roughing the passer. Argument did not last very long before the ejection. The refs in the playoffs don't like to put up with much. I commend the young defensive coordinator for stepping up. WJSN said he played at Breathitt so I know he knows football. He coached last year under Holcomb they said so what happened there? Seems like a good person too if he was hugging the old Breathitt players he helped coach the last two years when the time was running out. As for Chapman I know he knows the game but geez man it is the playoffs. Good win for the PC program to get over the Jackson hump but guess what the Pond Creek Nation is waiting and this isn't gonna be a game where Belfry turns it over.

I listened to it on Breathitt County's radio station, according to the announcers, the Pike Central defender hit the Breathitt County QB up high and drove him into the ground.
Strikeout King Wrote:I listened to it on Breathitt County's radio station, according to the announcers, the Pike Central defender hit the Breathitt County QB up high and drove him into the ground.

You know "blocking below the waist" is a penalty... now defenders can't block above the waist either ?? (now if you mean a shot to the HEAD when you said "up high", I take it back)

But as far as Chapman getting tossed "without warning", the officials did as they've been told. Kentucky high school officials are instructed to have ZERO tolerance for "unsportsmanlike" conduct.

:popcorn: