Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Butler 14 - Campbell Co 7 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dust what happened!?
Shocked
Congrats to Butler.
Shouldn't be shocked ! Butler has a VERY good team
Campbell had a good year. Hope the boys work hard in the off season and come back stronger next year.
Could never get the ground game going. It rained a TON prior to kick-off, and it completely affected the game on both sidelines. Neither team could sustain anything. The wet ball affected passing for both teams. Kudos to both teams, their Defenses were EXHAUSTED!!!
Stardust Wrote:Could never get the ground game going. It rained a TON prior to kick-off, and it completely affected the game on both sidelines. Neither team could sustain anything. The wet ball affected passing for both teams. Kudos to both teams, their Defenses were EXHAUSTED!!!
The wet field affected Butler much more than Campbell Co.

The Camels had a very good season. What do they bring back in 14?
Congrats Butler !
Thunder Lips Wrote:The wet field affected Butler much more than Campbell Co.

The Camels had a very good season. What do they bring back in 14?

Campbell loses a lot this year. Offense line with the exception of Mason at center, Wilson will be the new qb but he's not nearly the gamer Wood is and wide out's will be thin. Defensively, they've got a couple guys back in Matthews and Mets but I think everyone else is untested. They've had some good jv squads and Lickert does a nice job putting the right guys in the right places, but I think they probably end up last in their district because this years team was their best chance to do anything.
^ Ok SS, you love to make things up, but I have no idea where you get some of your info at times. As for the O-Line, they lose Left Tackle Logan Schneider (That's it) - They started 2 Sophs and 2 Juniors alongside Logan. Add the Sophomore Tight-end and this team brings back virtually the entire line back, A line that predominately ran to right and this team is set-up well. Matt Wilson will come in as a completely different dimension that the Camels have had since Michael Kramer. At Wideout, they do lose Hess and Zabonick, but they bring back the receiver that I believe led the team in TD's Robert Fickensher. An outstanding running back that will be the core of next seasons offense is Dawson Hogan, who will fill the two seniors spots admirably!

As for the Defense, they lose Joe Kramer and Dustin Turner, the two guys who were on the field virtually every down. But they are LOADED defensively! They return the very dynamic Eli Matthews, Super Strongman Austin Myers, Robert Metz, Kyle Edgely, Nick Sauerback, Carson Plessinger --- Just too many to list. No, this Defense will be every bit as good next season as they were this season.

As for 6A next season, it is WIDE OPEN!!! Dixie an Simon Kenton lose more than the Camels (both starting new QB's as well). Ryle and Boone have a lot of troubles to overcome and will be no better than the other three teams. 2014 is likely to be a repeat of 2011 when the District started brand new QB's and all the teams beat up each other.
Dust said it best.. Dixie returns Moore and that will be there only advantage over the other 4 6a Teams. SK, Campbell, Boone, & Ryle will all start new QBs. Heck Ryle May to choose to play without one again :hilarious:.

I like to 2011 comparison because it's true it could be a beat up year. But if they can put it together the 6a bracket will favor NKY teams again next season.
First round we match up with the crappy Lex Schools.
4th round are the "other 8" teams from Louisville. Then it's state.
Scott County, McCracken, The big 4, & Henry Clay are all on the other side of the bracket.
^ Just a conversation with Dixie dad. He confirmed what you just said. Dixie loses a tremendous amount of starters and on Offense, it's basically Moore staring with a brand new group of players on offense.

If Boone finds a QB and gets those big kids that used to play football back out on the field, they could be right in the thick of things as well.
Ok Star*****, fact of the matter is, all the guys you mentioned were the glue that held everything together. Wood's was better than Wilson will ever be (some guys are just in love with size), Kramer was as smart as they get at linebacker, same goes for Schnieder on the o-line, and Zabonick was as fast of a WR campbell has had in a while. There is nothing at the jv level that jumps out that will replace these guys. But what you did forget to mention is that I think Lickert is the right coach and will find a way to put guys in the right spots. As far as making things up, I more than sure if someone had the time and energy they could go through 100,000 plus posts and find some "made up" things from you. I guess quanity rather than quality counts.